Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 3:07 PM
Well I support you guys! If I had any talent I would help out..but sadly I dont...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 3:13 PM
I love Buffy to death so when i saw this tread it made me smile i support this whole idea and thinks its a great one

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Banned
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 3:31 PM Last edited by CharmingFirewaller : 6th Aug 2009 at 5:17 PM.
Thanks for the support everyone!

It's alright if you don't have any custom content to share, just remember to visit the thread from time to time for updates and stuff. And if you have any suggestions or tips please don't hesitate to let us know.

Also, I got a pic of the empty Sunset Valley template a while back (I don't take credit for that) and decided to label the areas where we could place our Sunnydale lots. It's not very accurate since we don't have the actual Sunnydale Map but I think it would come in handy once we start building our very own virtual Hellmouth.

Mad Poster
#29 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 5:25 PM
Thanatozz, there was a mod for Sims 2 that included garlic as a protection for the vampire slayer and a stake to kill the vampire...even before there were vampires in the game...so maybe some genius could come up with something including your suggestions for S3. I'm totally clueless about programming, etc., so it won't be me!!! LOL

CharmingFirewaller, I'm totally blown away by your map. I had just come to the thread to suggest using the empty town someone had posted and, voila, here it is!!! :D

I guess it's time to get out my CDs and look at some of the buildings. I would especially be interested in making the Magic Box (boy there were so many great items in S2 by Lethe and others for a magic shop....I made one for my Harry Dresdan storyline...) and Xanders and Anya'a apartment (I love Anya).

Thanks for the Revello House, Charming Firewaller, and Thanatozz, let loose with that David Boreanaz sim! It's great!!!
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 4:43 AM
this is FANTASTIC. And coincidental since i just watched 2 episodes of buffy tonight and came upstairs to jump on my computer and found this thread...

"there are two things i don't believe in, coincidences and leprechauns!"-Buffy.

Anywho, i will be very much following this thread and a big thanks in general!
Scholar
#31 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 5:23 AM
I love that Map. Excellent work. If anyone has the video game Chaos Bleeds, it has a really good look at the layout of the Magic Box and the general layout of downtown and exteriors of some of the buildings. I have the game but my old X-box is non-functional.

I was thinking of the traits for a few more of the characters.

Darla - Snob, Evil, Ambitious, Flirty, Charismatic

Dru - Evil, Childish, Family Oriented, Insane, Absent-Minded

Lilah - Workaholic, Perfectionist, Ambitious, Neat, Flirty

Lindsey - Virtuoso, Schmoozer, Unlucky, Ambitious, Hopeless Romantic (the guy tried to woo Darla, of all people).

I feel strongly that Angel should be Artistic or a Bookworm, rather than being Lucky. Did anyone ever have worse luck than Angel/Angelus, besides maybe Spike?
Banned
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 5:49 AM Last edited by mangaroo : 14th Aug 2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: only 4 inline images, please
Thanks guys, I tried to imagine what the actual Sunnydale map would look like and came up with that. Of course, when I loaded up my game that all turned into a huge pile of dust. Well, almost anyway.

I know that the town center area is huge but without Central Park to fill it up I just realized how huge it really is....it's gonna be a challenge building the Sun Cinema and the Motel on that lot. Any volunteers?

Welcome to the thread, aeval99 and ivywinter! Always nice to have more Buffy fans in our little circle. The more the merrier or as Willow would say, "The more...the more."

Before I forget, I've got a treat for you all. I just got done with the Bronze and the Magic Box (after hours of suffering that the game has subjected me to by freezing everytime I left the lot...ugh!)

Anyway, here are the shots:

MAGIC BOX

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/...creenshot-8.jpg

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/...creenshot-9.jpg

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/...creenshot-7.jpg

THE BRONZE

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-2-1.jpg

I'll be uploading the Sims3Packs soon so keep an eye out for updates. And I'd love to see shots of your Magic Box and Xander and Anya's Apartment, edejan. One you're done, of course. Happy building!

Also, I'll make some changes to the first post to edit Angel's traits. Thanks aeval99!
Scholar
#33 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 6:30 AM
Those lots are absolutely fantastic! Wow!

I was just thinking that what should probably go in the place of the park is a massive faux graveyard that can be used as a park. It could have a pond and some picnic tables and maybe a grill hidden somewhere. With a functional graveyard and then a third lot that looks like a graveyard for Spikes crypt, it will really look like Sunnydale. All graveyards and churches
Banned
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Those lots are absolutely fantastic! Wow!

I was just thinking that what should probably go in the place of the park is a massive faux graveyard that can be used as a park. It could have a pond and some picnic tables and maybe a grill hidden somewhere. With a functional graveyard and then a third lot that looks like a graveyard for Spikes crypt, it will really look like Sunnydale. All graveyards and churches

Brilliant idea! It does make sense for Sunnydale to have multiple graveyards after all. I think I might just go ahead and do that. I'll have to relocate Sun Cinema and Faith's Motel but it's probably for the best.

Thanks and I'm really glad you like the lots I've made, took me hours to get them done. It was worth it though.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 7:25 AM
Great thread! But now I have this urge to get off the computer and go watch Buffy. :D
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 12:37 PM
Well, I got me the slider hack and that skin replacement Edejan recommended, so here are some new Angel pics.

Tweaked the eyebrows mostly, and the lips. I didn't touch the nose but it seems to look different. Is it because of the skin? Or does installing the slider hack mess up the slider settings?
Screenshots
Banned
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 2:43 PM
Nice work, Thanatozz! I especially love the look in his eyes in that first shot, like he's about kick demon ass. Woo!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 8:14 PM
Thanatozz, I think some default replacement skins do create different feature shapes. The one I just downloaded from GoS makes a very straight nose similar to your second David. And I think installng the sliders can affect features and they may need retweaking.

That being said, your Angel is still awesome! Maybe I should ask you this by PM, but how do you take those pictures from CAS to post? I'm working on a Xander and after discarding several tries, I think I have one that's not too bad. But the thumbnails taken by CAS (for downloading to the exchange I guess) suck but he looks good on the CAS screen. I'm really a noob about computer stuff!!! :b

And CharmingFirewaller, your Magic Shop rocks and looks so good considering the limited furniture and deco items in the game. Didn't the stairway from the main store area lead to a balcony instead of a full second floor? I remember the scoobies sitting up there and looking down when the Watcher Council members came to the store to mess with Giles.

I'm also going to spend today trying to make an Anya sim. And thanks for the list of traits for the scoobies!

This is fun!!! :D
Banned
Original Poster
#39 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 10:09 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 14th Aug 2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: download link removed by moderator; only 4 inline images, please
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Thanatozz, I think some default replacement skins do create different feature shapes. The one I just downloaded from GoS makes a very straight nose similar to your second David. And I think installng the sliders can affect features and they may need retweaking.

That being said, your Angel is still awesome! Maybe I should ask you this by PM, but how do you take those pictures from CAS to post? I'm working on a Xander and after discarding several tries, I think I have one that's not too bad. But the thumbnails taken by CAS (for downloading to the exchange I guess) suck but he looks good on the CAS screen. I'm really a noob about computer stuff!!! :b

And CharmingFirewaller, your Magic Shop rocks and looks so good considering the limited furniture and deco items in the game. Didn't the stairway from the main store area lead to a balcony instead of a full second floor? I remember the scoobies sitting up there and looking down when the Watcher Council members came to the store to mess with Giles.

I'm also going to spend today trying to make an Anya sim. And thanks for the list of traits for the scoobies!

This is fun!!! :D

Thanks, edejan! I had so much fun creating the Magic Box. I'm sorry I hadn't taken a shot of the second level but if you load it in game you should see that the stairway does in fact lead to a balcony. I remember that scene too, with the Scoobies watching Buffy own that Council dude. And Anya was like, "Willow's a demon?!" Good times...

Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to seeing your Anya and Xander sims. I can already picture them dancing around in the living room with "I'll Never Tell" playing on the Custom Music channel. Note to self: add Once More With Feeling songs to the Sims 3 Custom Music folder.

And oh, I just got done with Downtown Sunnydale and Willy's Place. Aeval99 suggested that we build a graveyard in the town center instead of the Sun Cinema so I had to relocate the downtown area. But all is well.

Downtown Sunnydale consists of the Maribello Plaza rabbit holes (Grocery, Book store, threatre) and the Espresso Pump that I made. It would have been nice to have a custom Sun Cinema but I suppose the default theatre would have to do for now.

Downtown Sunnydale [Download Link removed by moderator]

Willy's Place [Download Link removed by moderator]

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-2-2.jpg

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-3-2.jpg

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-4-2.jpg

These are two separate lots and as I mentioned earlier, Downtown Sunnydale already has three rabbit holes (theatre, grocery and books). Just a warning to avoid having duplicates of the same rabbit hole in one hood.

So far we've got The Summers Residence, Magic Box, The Bronze, Downtown Sunnydale and Willy's Place. The download links can be found in the first post of this thread so be sure to check that out for updates.

Enjoy!
Test Subject
#40 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 11:50 PM
i got two words for ya

simply sublime
Mad Poster
#41 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:57 AM Last edited by edejan : 12th Aug 2009 at 1:30 AM.
Here's my attempt at Xander:

And Anya:

Banned
Original Poster
#42 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:31 PM
OMG...I'm speechless. Seriously, edejan, your Xander and Anya look amazing! Anya's perfect, I mean..gosh, look at those lips! Those are Anya's lips!

Xander's jaw is spot on and LOL at the "Die You Bastards" T-shirt. I like the way Anya's dressed too, I recall seeing her in a similar outfit in Season 6. Excellent work, thanks for sharing the pics. Hopefully more soon. *squeal*

p.s. I think the reason for Anya's facial expression has something to do with Awesomemod. I read somewhere that it makes them less smiley in CAS. Or maybe it's just bunnies... :P
Mad Poster
#43 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 1:24 AM Last edited by mangaroo : 14th Aug 2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: download link removed by moderator; only 4 inline images, please
Well, I've been working on Xander and Anya's apartment. Thanks to CharmingFirewaller for the reference picture of the outside of the building. I don't have any reference for the inside and I tried ot fit the way I remember it into the outer shell.

Here's a link to upload this file and my Xander and Anya. Hope you like!!

[Download Link removed by moderator]

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-8-1.jpg

The whole building is empty except for this apartment and there are no doors to confuse sims so they can go anywhere besdie their own aparmtent. So hope you like it!!! :D

If I can find more resource material, I'll work on a more accurate version of the interior of the apartment and update here!!

And Thanatozz, are you finished with your David Boraneaz and ready to share??? :b
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 1:28 AM
You guys are doing a great job on those sims. It's incredibly hard to create realistic celebrity sims in this version. Well done!
Banned
Original Poster
#45 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:17 AM Last edited by mangaroo : 14th Aug 2009 at 12:25 AM. Reason: download link removed by moderator; only 4 inline images, please
Welcome to the thread Mazzle!

And edejan, I'm officially a fan of your version of Xander and Anya's apartment. The exterior is really beautiful and since you had to do the inside from memory, I think the rooms are too. Nice touch adding the balcony, btw. Reminds me of Anya singing in her wedding dress (Season 7).

Speaking of apartments, I did Giles's the other day. It is now up for download and I haven't taken shots of the bedroom but don't worry, it's upstairs including Giles's acoustic guitar.

Giles's Apartment [Download link removed by moderator]

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-9-1.jpg

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/...enshot-10-1.jpg

Again, thank you all for your support and I just want to say how glad I am to be a part of such a creative team. Keep it up, everyone!
Mad Poster
#46 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:43 AM
Giles apartment was one of my favorites in S2. He had many a romantic rendezvous with Jenny and others (Joyce) there...lol Yours is great!! Thanks for sharing it!!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 9:48 AM
I'm not surprised other people have made Buffy characters (or other film/tv characters, really). Here's a Willow I made (with alternate, vamp version):

Banned
Original Poster
#48 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 10:48 AM
edejan - glad you like it! Will we get to download your Xander, Anya and their apartment in the near future?

I love your Willow, tedw! Check out her vamp self, so badass! Is that from the Sims 3 Store by any chance? I don't recall seeing that mesh in my game.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 11:08 AM
Thanks! Yes, the hair on the original and the top and trousers on the vamp version are from the store. I know it's not a perfect match on the vamp outfit she wore, but it was the closest option.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 12:36 PM Last edited by edejan : 12th Aug 2009 at 1:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
edejan - glad you like it! Will we get to download your Xander, Anya and their apartment in the near future?

I love your Willow, tedw! Check out her vamp self, so badass! Is that from the Sims 3 Store by any chance? I don't recall seeing that mesh in my game.

Yes, I'm still trying to figure out how to package and upload these to Mediafire. Hopefully today.

And tedw your willow is great and the outfits are realy good considering the lack of appropriate vamp clothing, lol!!! Now I have to go buy some points to get that top!! :D

Are you going to make her/them available??? Please, please, please....
Page 2 of 19