Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The SCRIPTORIUM: v. 2.2f (BugFix + Radiance 2.4)

by Numenor Posted 26th Sep 2006 at 1:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:19 PM by Nysha

644 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 613 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 25 of 26
Field Researcher
#601 Old 18th May 2012 at 10:35 AM
How can I understand HOW I have previously installed Scriptorium?

I know it is installed because I'm already using Radiance Lighting System.

What I want to do is to install in my game (my anygame to be honest) custom walls.
Test Subject
#602 Old 21st May 2012 at 2:02 AM Last edited by BandGeek25 : 21st May 2012 at 11:40 PM.
Does scriptorium only handle text files? I put all the text files for the Radiance Lighting System in the right spot, but there are also some NLO files, and I don't know what to do with them (or what they even are). Could you please tell me what to do with them? Thank you!

Edit: I found the place I am supposed to put the NLO files, but when I try to extract them there, they disappear. Am I supposed to move them a different way? I am also unsure about where to put them. Am I just supposed to put them in the same folder as the file that says "-- Put here all the custom light definitions (NLO files)," or somewhere else?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#603 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 8:34 AM
MAB-2000
Are you sure that the Scriptorium would work with AGS ? Anygamestarter is more a "mini-game". Numenor once E-mailed me saying that AGS only works without crash from the Sims 2 in CD-rom/DVD versions with EA Games licenses. So not from a downloadable version.

I'm not quite sure that Scriptorium (as exe to install) would work with AGS, which again is a small size Sims 2 with possibilities to add or remove EPs, SPs.

Somebody crafty for all AGS will help you, as Numenor is a retired modder today. Perhaps Mootilda could tell as a modder ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#604 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 12:37 AM Last edited by Caesum : 19th Jul 2012 at 8:39 AM.
Sorry, does anyone still read this? If so, then can anyone tell if it is possible somehow for the light from the first floor to come into the second floor if there's no floor nor ceiling between them? I have a two-floor room and just when the first-floor's light reaches place where first-floor connects with the second-floor, it completely disappears.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#605 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 12:12 AM
Thank you for this! I was trying to install some stairs from The Sims Resource, followed all the instructions to the letter, but I couldn't get my computer to save the changes. I was too scared to do anything about it (not computer savvy unfortunately). This program really helps. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#606 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 3:24 PM
Thanks, a million times, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#607 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:17 PM
I copied my game from my desktop and pasted it again and made that version a windowed version. Will this work on both versions of my game, original and windowed?
Lab Assistant
#608 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 12:02 AM
it does nont seem to work for bon voyage lots please help what do i do?????
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#609 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 2:20 AM
Thanks Best Thing Ever!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#610 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 7:33 PM
Impressive !
I really love the dawn & dusk lights
Thank you very much for this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#611 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 4:34 AM
Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#612 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 4:32 AM
This has become a must have for installing certain custom objects. Definitely makes things so much easier.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#613 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:11 PM
Thanks a lot ! ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#614 Old 25th May 2014 at 7:25 PM
When i decide to "be brave" and try something that looks on the surface to be scarey and difficult, you go and make it simple! Thanks for this elegant method for installing awkward files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#615 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:04 PM
Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#616 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 11:53 PM
Really appreciate this package. Lighting looks soooo much better now. Thanks.
Test Subject
#617 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 10:15 PM
I have Windows 8.1 and ep's/sp's up to AL
Unfortunately, I cannot find Window Explorer to manually install this program and the newer version doesn't seem to work. Is anyone out there having this same issue or can help me? I just got this new pc after having XP for many years and the Scriptorium worked just fine. Now, it doesn't and I love my custom stairs, etc. that I can't use. Someone please help!!
Test Subject
#618 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:27 AM
excuse me, may i ask if Scriptorium is already create some light effect? Or I have to install other program to make the light effect come out?
Lab Assistant
#619 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 5:48 AM
ok i think i am clueless here this is still confusing after reading everything!! it doesnt go over the fact if you can over right the light.txt file O.O I am slow yes... but this is baffling me .. and I have never had confusion with any mods ...please someone explain do I take each folder open them up take the lighting.txt and the nlo and put in the folder and overwrite the others in it or what??? I got everything besides the fact that it overwrites the last one in there..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#620 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 11:45 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#621 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 5:28 AM
I was having problems installing this after I got the Ultimate collection. Recently, I decided I had been without the open underneath stairs too long. So I uninstalled everything to do with scriptorium. Then i reinstalled using the automatic install, and this time it worked. I am loving having all those stairs back. A few fireplaces too! Thanks again, and again, and again!
Test Subject
#622 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 2:46 PM
please help! i have the Sims 2 Super Collection on MAC OS X and it doesn't let me mess with the script files (not authorized) so i can't install the scriptorium
is there another way around it?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#623 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 3:03 PM
Okay, downloaded this strange magic tool rumored to make the instalation on content easier... Let's see whether the tales are true...
Lab Assistant
#624 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 2:34 AM
I have Scriptorium installed in the right place, but none of my stairs are showing up. I downloaded the Ultimate Collection but was seeing everything fine until then. Is there a solution for this?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#625 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:13 PM
Thanks!
Page 25 of 26