Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:42 PM
Been working on my collection, and managed to completed the elements collection :D

Still need 2 crystals, one MySim trophy (robot one), few fossils, two fishes and some rocks. I've also got some space prints, but I'm not working on that at the moment - I've just finished the frog collection as well Oh and my first child Sim managed to complete all of his aspirations so I may age him up fairly soon!

Currently Playing:Last of Us Remastered, Final Fantasy XIV, Rare Replay - Blast Corps, The Sims 2, 3, 4
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:23 AM
Background
The Lees are siblings, older brother Paul Lee and younger sister Ling Lee (both were made with weight and muscle at the lowest setting and their hips drawn in narrowly and Ling's breast are as tiny as can be - they dress kind of... dork-cliché like). When I started playing them, I moved them into the cheapest dwelling in Willow and they waited for their inheritance (two 'motherlodes' - one each!) so they could build their own home thanks to mum and dad's financial legacy. Both are geeks, both gloomy, both geniuses. Paul is a computer whiz while Ling is an equal whiz in the kitchen.

Before long, the nerdy Paul had met and married the more savvy townie Macy (Ack! I can't remember her maiden name???). I think it surprised her as much as anyone that she fell in love with him. He's working hard and is as true to her as the day is long. Macy on the other hand was a bit of a player and she tried hard to be faithful.
Ling, having always been close to Paul as siblings, played together and shared toys and was a bit put out by Paul finding the love of his life and became a touch infatuated with Paul's wife and attempted flirting with Macy who returned the compliment playfully, not really expecting it to go anywhere really. But Ling took her response to heart and continued to flirt daily while Paul was at work and eventually, the two girls became close and Ling actually taking it to the next level. Macy obviously, didn't seem to mind getting the best of both worlds.

The girls became close friends and Macy turned Ling into her exercise buddy buying them both matching running machines. So when Paul is at work, the girls try and get in a woohoo (or two) and then hit the running machines before a bath and chores (Macy cleans and repairs broken stuff, jogs, digs, and collects frogs while Ling cooks group meals, gardens, and plays the violin along with getting her geek on and playing computer games). However, Ling only gets morose about the situation when Macy romances Paul or vice versa (which they do autonomously and I like that - they ARE married after all).

So, to even things up somewhat, Ling has tried to tone things down between them with mixed success. Sometimes she can control her desires, sometimes she can't. To help counter this, she became close to Mrs Pancakes and set about seducing her, eventually succeeding. Of course this upset Macy initially, but she soon got over it and continues to tempt Ling when they are alone. Poor Pancakes, used and let go - no official break up, just avoidance.

Still, Ling can't see this situation getting her to a family of her own and can see Paul and Macy having a child sooner than later and her left hanging in the maternal emotions. Luckily, Macy already knew a few people, some of which came to the wedding uninvited... Geoffrey Landcrab... Landgrabb amongst them. Thinking he was single (I myself honestly thought he was the single one in the family! LQL) So having met him, Ling started inviting him around and getting to know him. As friends at first, but certainly with romance as the end goal.

Today's Last Play
Imagine her surprise (like mine!) when after taking it to the final stage she discovered he was married and had to talk him into leaving his wife for her! Mind you, with Ling being young, naive, and pretty much controllable by the older man, despite he being a good man, his head was turned and he agreed readily. Inviting him to stay several nights in a row doing what an impressionable young girl thinks she wants, she decided she wanted to elope as she wanted to keep it on the low down/out of the social pages (she embarrasses so easily and wanted to avoid confrontation).

So now they are married. Geoffrey wants Ling to use her culinary skills and get a job, it's only logical. He gets on well with Paul who likes him, but his good nature doesn't mesh well with Macy's evil outlook. So things are looking interesting with the four of them living in the same house. I don't know how long it will be before Geoffrey takes Ling and moves elsewhere. And that is where we are at right at this moment.
Instructor
#78 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:01 PM
I just put 8 sims in an enclosed room with 6 lit fire places and they all died from starvation.
Test Subject
#79 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:59 PM Last edited by SaskiaHamilton : 24th Sep 2014 at 9:03 PM. Reason: Updated
Lets see... well, I started off with an aspiring author name Miri Havens, after her career got off the ground she adopted a young boy called Enzo. Their life was pretty drab to start with, since they didn't have a load of money. But pretty soon Miri was beginning to make a good living by selling books and paintings. Once they had earned enough money they moved into a larger house which was perfect because Enzo was reaching his teens years. After a while, Enzo became friends with a girl called Paige Gravity. They spent a lot of time together, and after their reached their adult years, love blossomed. :lovestruc Paige moved in with Enzo and his Mum, wanting their life together to start as soon as possible. Their plan was to find work and eventually move into a place of their own or inherit the house when Miri eventually passed away. But then, Paige found herself pregnant with little baby Spartan Gravity-Havens, at which point Enzo turned to petty crime, he needed an easy way to make money for their unborn child. Miri paid for their wedding, which was a small gathering in the back yard with a few friends. It took a long time but Enzo worked his way up to being a mob boss. He was bringing home thousands of simoleons every day and baby Spartan was growing up quickly. Miri had reached old age and stopped working but continued writing her best sellers every day. At which point Enzo became spiteful. His career in crime had rubbed off on his home life and he was taking it out on his own mother. They constantly argued and got into fist fights despite her age. At this current point in time Enzo wants his mother to move out so that they can inherit the house and all of her money. To start with, Paige tried to keep the peace but sided with her husband. So now Miri feels like an outsider in her own home. She tried her best to stay out of the way of Enzo and Paige because all they do is abuse her.

Updated: Miri has died, they released her spirit and moved into a mansion. Paige is preggers, again. and Enzo's bodyguard, Big Tony, has moved into the house... he is also falling for Paige.

So yeah, that's where I'm at, at the moment. lol.
Inventor
#80 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 9:37 PM Last edited by music2ologist : 26th Sep 2014 at 12:23 PM.
I'm still feeling my way around this game. Family life feels too complicated at the moment, so I have created five singleton households, using the four cheap houses on the far right of the Oasis map, together with the fifth plot in the middle, where I built a house myself. From the end plot I can watch the sun setting quite spectacularly over the sea.

That tiny shack, only six spaces wide, is inhabited by Jane Austen, a loner who earns her living by publishing. She's still only a young adult, so her income comes from one children's book and one book of short stories. 'Pride and Prejudice' will have to wait till she's an adult.
Next door is another loner, Charles Darwin who loves the outdoor life, and spends his days fishing, gardening and collecting. In the evenings he earns his living by painting. Next to him lives Clara Schumann, a devoted pianist in the entertainment career. The fourth neighbor is Alan Turing, in the tech guru career. He has the most expensive computer, and a strange virtual reality game in the garden. (It's called Blicbloc, also available on computer. We might call it Tetra, were that name not trademarked.)

To each of these four I gave a motherlode on arrival, so they could furnish appropriately without hassle. To the fifth resident I gave two motherlodes, because he is Neil Armstrong, in the astronaut career. In his garden there is an observatory, and he is building his own space ship. It was his need for four friends that made me set up this close little neighborhood, where each from the doorstep can see the other four houses. No story has emerged yet - they are just ambling along their career paths. I am having much fun.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:13 PM

My game spawned an orphan with some CC alien eyes that I had installed and called him Orson.
Whatever the function that spawns orphans is is obviously as big a fan of classic sci-fi radio shows as I am so I had to get him.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 9:24 PM
Playing the BFF household.

When I first loaded it, I hated the whole "which women will he pick" dynamic they had set up. So I got the two women together. However, after a while I began to feel sorry for Travis, who has yet to find anyone.

The girls got hitched, and thanks to advanced IVF techniques (the Babies for Everyone mod) both of them are pregnant. Travis, feeling lonely and left behind as they started a new life together, adopted a baby girl, Gemma Scott. (Surprise! That's the women he chose!).

However, between the wedding and the cribs, the household is practically bankrupted, selling the microwave in order to pay the bills last week. All three adults are throwing themselves into their careers, but with one newborn already home and at least two more on way (please, no twins!), they may be too distracted to make real progression in their careers.

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido

My game spawned an orphan with some CC alien eyes that I had installed and called him Orson.
Whatever the function that spawns orphans is is obviously as big a fan of classic sci-fi radio shows as I am so I had to get him.

kinda reminds me of Clem from The Walking Dead game lol.

Which is more dangerous? The dagger brandished by an enemy, or the hidden one pressed to your back by someone you never ever see? ~ Petyr Baelish
Forum Resident
#84 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:10 AM
Like Clem, just creepier.
Much, much creepier.

Look at him all dressed up!

He even came with the genius trait so I think I'm going to make him grow up to be some kind of evil genius.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:49 AM
I'm at the library with my self-sim. She's reading a comedy book, and every two hours she goes and washes her hands.
That's creepy, because it's what I do in real life.
Inventor
#86 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:08 AM
Neil Armstrong has finished his space ship, and the first exploration he did was of Clara Schumann's body in mile-high woohoo. Somehow the soft romantic music did not go with the fiery take-off, but they landed safely, and giggling. Since then, Clara has turned up in her space suit twice more, panting with eagerness. I wonder how many more girls will suit up to explore space with Neil? I foresee an exhausting future for him.
Test Subject
#87 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
Like Clem, just creepier.
Much, much creepier.

Look at him all dressed up!

He even came with the genius trait so I think I'm going to make him grow up to be some kind of evil genius.

Let us know how that turns out!

At the moment I'm still playing my legacy. Onto the second generation now with five people living in the house. God help me.

Which is more dangerous? The dagger brandished by an enemy, or the hidden one pressed to your back by someone you never ever see? ~ Petyr Baelish
Instructor
#88 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:29 PM
I'm playing the 100 baby challenge 5 so far 95 to go
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:36 PM
What's happening in my game? Oh nothing much, just a normal day at the park...

Forum Resident
#90 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SaskiaHamilton
Let us know how that turns out!

At the moment I'm still playing my legacy. Onto the second generation now with five people living in the house. God help me.

I'm already really close to finishing his kid aspiration, so I'm going to have the genius part of him down twice as much!
Alchemist
#91 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:55 PM
My Sim, Roman Armstrong, is getting about the business of splicing plants. I really love the gardening and cooking in this game.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 10:02 PM Last edited by Jendra9311 : 27th Sep 2014 at 10:30 PM.
Liberty and Summer only had one baby each, thank goodness, but between their two boys (August and Scott Lee-Holiday) and Travis' little girl (Gemma Scott) there were more babies than adults in the house. Which was only about $10 away from having their power cut off.

The whole household then pretty much spent a week in various need failures. Because they all have different careers, the kids never went to daycare once. There was usually only one adult home trying to care for three babies. Sometimes there was two adults, but one was in need failure. I don't think any of them ever got their energy metres higher than yellow.

Also the quickest way to get fun up was woohoo so Liberty and Summer were woohoo-ing like mad to keep their fun high.

Oh, and I think I managed to get one of them promoted that week. They've certainly made enough to pay the bills, although I had to build a bedroom on Sunday n buy several childrens skill items.

All the kids are kids now but it was a wild ride.

Edit: Little Gemma has grown up insane, Scott is active and August outgoing. If August carries on as he is now he may well grow up to be a heartbreaker...

And if you think I'm planning to get Gemma and Scott married so he can be "Scott Scott"... You'd be right

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:35 AM
So i'm doing two legacy's and one is a bit cheaty because I cheated the 2nd gen into a nice big house but in the same save I'm doing rotational play and things are interesting, I'm trying to remember how to handle that. Then my other legacy is not a cheaty one but I haven't played it because I am having way too much fun with my other save. Also sidenote my cheaty legacy the founder was my selfsim well when her husband died of old age I cried a bit because it was so sad. :,(
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 2:19 AM
I started new game on Sims 4 (while kept my main save of course) to do legacy, with intentions of make sure it's enjoyable for me - while giving some kind of challenge.

I decide to randomize first Sims, and she's going to be bisexual single mother of two children (so far, she's dated one guy and she gave a birth to baby boy named Sean) with traits of Gloomy, Art Lover and Genius. Her aspiration is Nerd Brain (ugh.... I need to get bloody rocketship if I plan to finish her aspiration) and her career will be Criminal - Oracle career. She's pretty lively mischievous with no ill intentions.

It's not same as randomize legacy that's on here as the things I do seemed to make it easier, but I'm still finding it a challenge - I like how I had to pick - do I keep the money for house expand, or should I spend it on new stuff? Should I buy that computer or put it off for good while? It also encouraged me to visit the community lots more to build her skills - going to library to build her programming skills as well Logic skill, visit some bars to eye up on people as well making new friends... and enemies to pick fight with.

It also made me play differently from what I typically play as.

Currently Playing:Last of Us Remastered, Final Fantasy XIV, Rare Replay - Blast Corps, The Sims 2, 3, 4
Test Subject
#95 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:17 AM
My Self-Sim spends most of her time at the park, working, or reading at home. I'm trying to get her a boyfriend, though! She's started flirting with somebody and he's responding. We'll see where it goes
Mad Poster
#96 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 2:50 PM
I picked up Amber (yes - that Amber!) from the Gallary and moved her in with a cooking Sim, a Mixologist Sim, and an Artist. Amber wants to be a comedian. It turns out that she's rather funny and a bit of a goofball. Lucille Ball was, too. Amber is also amazingly flirty and flirts up every guy she meets. She's fixed her eye on the most handsome guy in the hood. Naturally, he's a player. It remains to be seen how this will work out.

Amber was actually a side thought to the cooking/mixology Sims. I especially wanted to play with the various recipes and tools for cooks. I love how foodies can watch the cooking show for ideas and how there's another cooking show option for those in the career path.

So, back to Amber. She's been working out and has dropped a few pounds. It turns out it wasn't just the makeup and added weight that made her so unattractive. I see serious body sculpting and plastic surgery in her future.

The house where they're living is a beautiful and has that New Orleans feel.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:36 PM
I've just created another family, hopefully it will be the right one.

Alice and Ryan Hale, in memory of my beloved mains, deleted for no reason by this bad, bad game.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:46 PM
I'm just beginning Generation D of my legacy and it's going OK. The heir Cedric is now married to his wife Nataly Agala (she's in a Not in World family with her mum and brother, where she's a teen at the start) and they're expecting. She has the Big Family aspiration so they're expecting at least 3 kids with an adopted kid. They need a girl to be eligible for heiress seeing as I'm switching what gender is eligible. She's lucky she's in a legacy with that aspiration! I'm still learning the ropes of the game and I was planning on sticking with about 3 kids MAX but Gen C took so long in getting two boys (so long that it didn't actually happen before the heiress aged to an elder ) so they ended up 4 girls and a boy (in order of age): Caitlyn, Caroline, Cathy, Cedric and Cora. By the time I was ready for them to have another kid, their mum (and Gen B heiress Betsy) aged to an elder.

Click here if the Spoilers didn't bother you
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indigoskycaller
I've just created another family, hopefully it will be the right one.

Alice and Ryan Hale, in memory of my beloved mains, deleted for no reason by this bad, bad game.

I believe EA have fixed that issue now I had disappearing sims before I patched it last week sometime.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 3:59 AM
Joselyn's first born has become a child with trait of Hot-headed (and aspiration of creative), and then she had another fling with different guy, which leads to another child - her daughter named Katie Ratliff. Sean Ratliff is now teen, with Insane trait as well Writer aspiration (ugh... writer block thing is bloody stupid when it seems never happen!) while Katie rolled Nice trait, and has Social Butterfly aspiration. Joselyn managed to get top of her career ladder, so all I need to do is focus on her aspiration which on last stage... sadly she's now Elder and I'm not sure how I can get Logic Skill to 10 (7 at the moment) while reading 15 books as well do some chess matches... uhoh.

Either way it was really fun to see what has changed, especially nearly all of her friends are now dead ( ) and now I'm about to see Sim I took care of living her days as elder, and eventually... her last days. Not looking forward to the end

Page 4 of 104