Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XML Injector version 2

by scumbumbo Posted 24th Jan 2019 at 9:22 AM - Updated 26th Mar 2019 at 11:43 PM by scumbumbo : Version 2 Released (New Features)

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
Sorry about your pc problems. Been there too. Gotta have my pc, gotta!! Anyway, thanks for the response to clear up my question. I'm not a modder, so I see a word and just assume it means what I think it means. Good luck with your pc!!

Извините что пишу тут но у меня скрипт не работает пишет что сломан я несколько раз качала не помогло.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 6:20 PM
What a brilliant idea this is! Thanks so much for making it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 11:46 AM
ð¡ð¿ð°ñð¸ð±ð¾.ðð¾ ñƒ ð¼ðµð½ñ ð¿ð¾ñ‡ðµð¼ñƒ ñ‚ð¾ ñðºñ€ð¸ð¿ð» ð¿ð¸ñˆðµñ‚ ñ‡ñ‚ð¾ ñð»ð¾ð¼ð°ð½.
Deceased
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nadia00030
Извините что пишу тут но у меня скрипт не работает пишет что сломан я несколько раз качала не помогло.
(Google Translation: "Sorry for writing here, but my script doesn’t work, writes that I’m broken several times, it didn’t help.")
I had to run your message through Google translate to read this. I'm not sure what you mean by "writes that I'm broken several times" possibly just due it being poorly translated. I'd like to help but being an English-only reader that could make it difficult.

I'm guessing that you are getting messages in your LastException file? If that's what is happening I'd need to see those exceptions in order to determine what could be happening. You could attach that file to your response if you like and I could take a look.

First, I would recommend ensuring that the script is set up properly. Most importantly:
  • Make sure you are running the most recent The Sims 4 game patch, version 1.50.67 from the February 21, 2019 EA update. Un-patched copies of the game are not supported.
  • Make sure that the XmlInjector_Script_v2.ts4script file is in your Mods directory, it should not be installed in a subdirectory.
  • Make sure that you have scripts enabled in your The Sims 4 game options.
If you have more information you can provide as to what exactly is causing an error, please feel free to follow up. I'll try and translate as best I can! If there are any bi-lingual translators who can help out with this, please feel free to interject!
Deceased
Original Poster
#30 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 7:32 PM
�������.�� � ���� ������ �� ������ ����� ��� ������.

Sorry, this message was unreadable in my web browser. Since it is a "Thanks Post" I'm hoping you've solved the problem and have gotten it working? I sure hope so, but if not I'll try to help as best I can.
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 6:45 AM Last edited by nadia00030 : 15th Apr 2019 at 1:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I had to run your message through Google translate to read this. I'm not sure what you mean by "writes that I'm broken several times" possibly just due it being poorly translated. I'd like to help but being an English-only reader that could make it difficult.

I'm guessing that you are getting messages in your LastException file? If that's what is happening I'd need to see those exceptions in order to determine what could be happening. You could attach that file to your response if you like and I could take a look.

First, I would recommend ensuring that the script is set up properly. Most importantly:
  • Make sure you are running the most recent The Sims 4 game patch, version 1.50.67 from the February 21, 2019 EA update. Un-patched copies of the game are not supported.
  • Make sure that the XmlInjector_Script_v2.ts4script file is in your Mods directory, it should not be installed in a subdirectory.
If you have more information you can provide as to what exactly is causing an error, please feel free to follow up. I'll try and translate as best I can! If there are any bi-lingual translators who can help out with this, please feel free to interject!

hello I write with the translator I English mail do not know a couple of words so if that not so wrote excuse. At me such problem for me everything is updated a game but for exchanges вылетакт yellow windows and I checked for mistakes with the ModConflictDetector program and it showed that skripat I am broken did not understand why so but in a game when I include writes what works well but when I want to buy ingridiyenda products I buy I do not know open but they do not work all the same peeps is not present igridiyend not on one refrigerator that it and why if can be helped and the file and when I leave only MS and WickedWhimsMod and received not recognizable mistakes I do not know as well as that it help please. Thanks.and this file -2 from unrecognizable ishibky.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (5.9 KB, 23 downloads)
File Type: txt  2-lastException.txt (25.9 KB, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 1:27 PM

files 2
Attached files:
File Type: txt  2-lastException.txt (25.9 KB, 23 downloads)
Deceased
Original Poster
#33 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 7:00 PM
hello I write with the translator I English mail do not know a couple of words so if that not so wrote excuse.

Hello again. The script errors you are seeing do not have anything to do with the XML Injector. It is difficult to say for certain which mod you have is causing issues, there appear to be at least two issues with one or more mods.

One issue is caused by a mod you have which contains a resource with the instance Id of 15561817960004736728.

The other issue is caused by an invalid test event, and it's not clear what mod could be causing that. It could possibly be the same mod as the issue above, or a completely separate mod.

I would suggest first trying to track down what mod you have that has that invalid resource 15561817960004736728. You can find this by using the TS4 Package Searcher. Enter that number into the Instance field and click Search. (See the attached screenshot) It will search all the package files in your Mods folder for the one that contains that invalid value. Update or remove that mod and then try running the game again to see if things work better

If you are lucky the same mod causes that second error. If not then you may need to do some "50/50" testing by removing and adding mods in to see which specific mod is causing you problems.

Hopefully this helps you out, despite the language barrier. But it is clear that the issue is not caused by the XML Injector itself, you will need to contact the author of the mod or mods which are actually causing the problems.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#34 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 6:35 AM Last edited by nadia00030 : 16th Apr 2019 at 10:43 AM.
Hello again. The script errors you are seeing do not have anything to do with the XML Injector. It is difficult to say for certain which mod you have is causing issues, there appear to be at least two issues with one or more mods.

One issue is caused by a mod you have which contains a resource with the instance Id of 15561817960004736728.

The other issue is caused by an invalid test event, and it's not clear what mod could be causing that. It could possibly be the same mod as the issue above, or a completely separate mod.

I would suggest first trying to track down what mod you have that has that invalid resource 15561817960004736728. You can find this by using the TS4 Package Searcher. Enter that number into the Instance field and click Search. (See the attached screenshot) It will search all the package files in your Mods folder for the one that contains that invalid value. Update or remove that mod and then try running the game again to see if things work better

If you are lucky the same mod causes that second error. If not then you may need to do some "50/50" testing by removing and adding mods in to see which specific mod is causing you problems.

Hopefully this helps you out, despite the language barrier. But it is clear that the issue is not caused by the XML Injector itself, you will need to contact the author of the mod or mods which are actually causing the problems.

Many thanks helped how to me to find a resource with the identifier?
Deceased
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 8:47 PM
Everything appears to be fine with the latest game patch and XML Injector v2, but we'll be keeping an eye on it. Let us know if you encounter any issues.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 2:24 PM
thank you for such a useful mod
Deceased
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 12:24 AM
Just a reminder folks, after already having to help two players who couldn't upgrade to version 2 of the mod properly due to not reading instructions:
  • Install only one copy of the XML Injector. You do not need a copy of it for each mod that requires it.
  • Keep it in a location you know, either directly in your Mods folder, or in a dedicated sub-folder (e.g. "Mods/XML Injector").
  • It cannot be installed into a sub-folder more than one level deep (e.g. "Mods/Scripts/XML Injector" will NOT work)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 1:42 AM
Awesome. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 3:10 PM
Scumbumbo, you are "da man"! I truly don't know how you come up with these cool things.
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 4:25 PM
Hey Scumbumbo, I tried to download XmlInjector_v2.zip | Description: XML Injector Version 2, but every time I try to extract the file it tells me it's empty.
Deceased
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amber_troyer
Hey Scumbumbo, I tried to download XmlInjector_v2.zip | Description: XML Injector Version 2, but every time I try to extract the file it tells me it's empty.

The file is fine on Mod The Sims. I'd suggest trying another web browser, or sometimes your Internet provider may have issues with their "cache" which causes some things to not be downloading properly, the file gets stuck in an incomplete state, and all you can do is wait an hour or two and try again once their issue has hopefully cleared up.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 1:34 AM
Is there a way to determine which mod I have requires the XML Injector? I'm sure it's only one, but I'd like to document which one it is for future reference. Any tool I can run against my mods folder to determine that?
Deceased
Original Poster
#43 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrueAI
Is there a way to determine which mod I have requires the XML Injector? I'm sure it's only one, but I'd like to document which one it is for future reference. Any tool I can run against my mods folder to determine that?

Well, it should have told you the requirement where you downloaded the mod, but if you forgot then there isn't really any easy way to tell which mod(s) are using it - you'd have to scan for any packages that use the snippet XML type, and then look at the contents of those packages in Sims 4 Studio or S4PE to see if those snippets are of the "XmlInjector" type.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 7:57 PM Last edited by TrueAI : 22nd Apr 2019 at 10:07 PM.
Well, it should have told you the requirement where you downloaded the mod, but if you forgot then there isn't really any easy way to tell which mod(s) are using it - you'd have to scan for any packages that use the snippet XML type, and then look at the contents of those packages in Sims 4 Studio or S4PE to see if those snippets are of the "XmlInjector" type.

Thank you. I should have started looking at your mods first! It was your 'Set Filters on Paintings by Reference' mod. Thank you for all you do for the modding community!
Test Subject
#45 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 1:44 PM
The file is fine on Mod The Sims. I'd suggest trying another web browser, or sometimes your Internet provider may have issues with their "cache" which causes some things to not be downloading properly, the file gets stuck in an incomplete state, and all you can do is wait an hour or two and try again once their issue has hopefully cleared up.

That worked! Thank you for getting back with me.
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 1:33 PM
I think I've found an error between your injector and some custom harvestables/foods filed, and EG on the MCC Discord convinced me to bring this LE to you, in case it's something you should check.

http://modthesims.info/m/9787728 (mentioned in the LEs)

Thanks for all your hard work!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (3.8 KB, 15 downloads)
Deceased
Original Poster
#47 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lothlen
I think I've found an error between your injector and some custom harvestables/foods...

The LE is only mentioning XML Injector and custom harvestables mods due to those scripts being installed as part of the XML loading process, the actual error is caused by some invalid coding in another XML mod. I can't tell you which mod it is, you could use the Package Searcher if you have a Windows computer to search for the actual mod in question.

In Package Searcher, search for instance 156276 as it contains the actual error. All I can see myself as I don't have that mod is that it's altering the Sleep of the Undead. See the screenshot below for how to search for that instance.
Screenshots
Inventor
THANKS POST
#48 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 4:20 AM
Thank you for this mod. I am no modder, but I understand that your set filters on painting by reference mod now requires this one, so I should get it.
Deceased
Original Poster
#49 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
Thank you for this mod. I am no modder, but I understand that your set filters on painting by reference mod now requires this one, so I should get it.

You've understood perfectly, yes that is correct.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 9th May 2019 at 10:57 AM
You've understood perfectly, yes that is correct.

Do I download 1 file or both files?
Page 2 of 8