Replies: 53 (Who?), Viewed: 3734 times.
Page 3 of 3
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 8:43 PM
this house fits perfectly with your theme, ive even seen houses like this around where i live in england with the long extension attached at the back of the house. great work!

Hi my name is Carla Shaw you can stop at 5 or 6 stores or just one. I don't need friends, they disappoint me.
Mad Poster
#52 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 9:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
Hello. Here is the new house that was merely resycled from Chelsham Road Duplex...

Wow! Great job! Yes, it's the same house - but what a difference . I'm glad you like it, and are using it for your story/hood!

Sorry about your mouse though...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 11th Oct 2021 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Mispell
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb47798
this house fits perfectly with your theme, ive even seen houses like this around where i live in england with the long extension attached at the back of the house. great work!

This house was actually made by Catherine. So I think all best regards about architecture goes to her. I did not edit the shell at all, just replaced the windows from walls that supposed to be sharing with neighbours. My job was to decorate it.
And today I end up with cheating and changed places master bedroom and girls' one. I increased apartment capacity and now it can house the family of two parents with three children without sharing bed.
I found today two tricks that suit well and could help you to save some space in tiny rooms:
First - when you sink headboard into the wall, sim will have few space to the opposite to reach other bed side. This make you to have opportunity to place double bed in the room with three tiles length. I found this trick in Sims 3, but now I see it also works fine in Sims 2.
Second - curtains can be put on top of each other without cheats (but just once). I decided to use layered curtains for other houses too. I read before there were a lot of textile in victorian interior. Not only windows were decorated with curtains, but also doors, mirrors and even pictures. I decided to use this tasteless feature in my interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineTCJD
Wow! Great job! Yes, it's the same house - but what a difference . I'm glad you like it, and are using it for your story/hood!

Thank you too for creating this house, Catherine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineTCJD
Sorry about your mouse though...

There is something challenging in such life without mouse. But I couldn't live long in this challenge. I already found new for mail-order
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old Yesterday at 10:52 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : Today at 12:46 AM. Reason: screenshots reorder
I dunno when I did this reduction. Guess somewhere before I created a plan for each region but after I decided to recreate this city as unpopulated. TS2 keeps crashing and smashing my brain so I decided to share some old screens.
This is one of terraced houses built by @popebarley that is absolutely amazing. Except one thing that was not fit my neighborhood. So I recreated all its interiors. They are middle-to-low class houses in my neighborhood housed at the 1st area close to water's edge. All even screenshots from attached are from @popebarley houses and all odds are my refurnish to fit victorian theme and old times.

I followed the common pattern for all houses that I have in this neighborhood. They are:
  • No TVs, no PCs and no video games.
  • No fire alarms and no burglar alarms as well.
  • Candle and gas lights for idoors and outdoors)
  • More fireplaces (they defintelly had no central heat)
  • Layered curtains. There is textile on door arches, on windows, on plain walls. I made a gaps between walls in salons to decorate it with curtains as well.
  • Public WC inside the house (that is a compensated by usual toilet, but still - one per apartment and it is outdoors)
  • Cupdoards! (act like usual dressers, as bars combination with cabinets or other structures made to look alike)
  • Antique, gothic and cottagecore furniture.
  • Luxury, overfurnished living and poor bedrooms with sparse decoration
  • Drawing rooms (rooms with sofas and loveseats that were meant to be for communication)
  • Pot Belly Stoves at all kitchens (warmth at winter plus... well... I think it looks like victorian stove where people could have cooked like in oven)
I also found the way to create a dinning room with centered dinning table at each apartment, and utilise the space under the roof for Edwardian nursery that seems to be a feature for luxury victorian houses. Anyways without place for nursemaid I think it fits nice here as well.

Terraced houses by popebarley can be downloaded here

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Page 3 of 3