Replies: 28438 (Who?), Viewed: 797659 times.
Page 1138 of 1138
Mad Poster
#28426 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
If there is only one pet to be adopted, you probably have some no respawn hack that is preventing more from being generated.

That's true; I hate that generated pets are ugly and bad. I often make a bunch, move them to a family and then "give them up for adoption". I would make them strays, but I have never been able to adopt a stray..

Namaste... or "go"
Scholar
#28427 Old Yesterday at 3:51 AM
Which Sims absolutely must not be bitten by a vampire? Is it just the Gypsy and Mrs Crumplebottom, or are there others? I know there's a mod, but I like my vampires bitey, so I need to make sure Those Who Must Not Be Bitten are banned from Downtown lots.
Mad Poster
#28428 Old Yesterday at 8:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
Which Sims absolutely must not be bitten by a vampire? Is it just the Gypsy and Mrs Crumplebottom, or are there others? I know there's a mod, but I like my vampires bitey, so I need to make sure Those Who Must Not Be Bitten are banned from Downtown lots.

Doesn't Pescado's Creature Fixes provide all the protection that's needed?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#28429 Old Yesterday at 8:47 AM
The Gypsy is safe to be bitten. The rule of thumb is that every NPC that has a human name (except for Rod Humble) can be bitten, moved in, interacted with, etc. But you shouldn't allow biting of Human Statue, Break Dancer, Fire Dancer, Grim Reaper, Therapist, etc. The full list is here.
Scholar
#28430 Old Yesterday at 3:24 PM
@AndrewGloria The problem with Creature Fixes is that it prevents ALL random biting, not just biting of the unsafe - and to me, a vampire who doesn't bite unless asked just isn't a proper vampire!

Thanks, @topp I'll make sure those are all banned.
Theorist
#28431 Old Yesterday at 4:28 PM
Creaturefixes definitely doesn't prevent all random biting. It only prevents biting of untouchable NPCs.
Scholar
#28432 Old Yesterday at 5:53 PM
I was looking up information on trans sims, because I know some people have had trans sims, and I was wondering if to make the game treat a sim as the other sex it was really as simple as changing this from female to male or male to female? Is it that simple or is there more to it?
Screenshots

My Simblr
They/He
Theorist
#28433 Old Yesterday at 6:03 PM
Yes, although you can do the same in the RCC. But it's not really ideal for trans sims. It causes them to be treated as the opposite gender for the purposes of bathroom doors, voices, sexual orientation, and reproductive abilities.
Scholar
#28434 Old Yesterday at 6:08 PM
Quote:
Yes, although you can do the same in the RCC. But it's not really ideal for trans sims. It causes them to be treated as the opposite gender for the purposes of bathroom doors, voices, sexual orientation, and reproductive abilities.

what is RCC?

And would clothes be an issue?

My Simblr
They/He
Theorist
#28435 Old Yesterday at 6:11 PM
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...s-documentation

Depends on what clothes you have and what gender you want them to be.
Scholar
#28436 Old Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Quote:
Creaturefixes definitely doesn't prevent all random biting. It only prevents biting of untouchable NPCs.

Weird. I just checked Pescado's description and that is indeed what it says - yet I had Creaturefixes in for a couple of years and nobody ever got bitten except by request. Took it out and the vampires are biting again. I suppose I could try putting it back in now I know I have an enthusiastic vampire and see what happens.
Theorist
#28437 Old Yesterday at 10:59 PM
I thought maybe Pescado was not clear, but It clearly says "Eliminates random biting of NPCs." I've had several townies bitten while creaturefixes was installed. I've also looked at the code and that's literally what it does.
Mad Poster
#28438 Old Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Mod order issue maybe?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28439 Old Today at 1:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
I had Creaturefixes in for a couple of years and nobody ever got bitten except by request. Took it out and the vampires are biting again.

Same thing for me, vampires don't autonomously bite at all with Creaturefixes in my Downloads.
Page 1138 of 1138