Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 559 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 5:28 AM
Default Names For Sims
What are some of the names you've come up with for sims, has anyone ever thought of making sim names in Simlish?

1: Chumba
2: Juster
3: Flaw DaFlurk
4: Ya
5: Pink-no-bur
7: Sasfoo

I'll leave names ideas for the rest of you guys
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 5:32 AM
Gaz. Gaz Regando.
That would be the simlish name I would give a child in the sims. But otherwise I have never thought of a 'simlish' name before your post.

Or 'Mogey' from the oft said tv reporter's report of 'Mogey, Mogey, Mogey'

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#3 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 9:58 AM
I had, still have two descendants of the original ones, with the last name Sulsul. And I used to have one with the last name Mishuno, though she later took another name when marrying.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 11:25 AM
I love names. I have thought about simlish names but I've never actually thought up any. I think Glabe & Glarn sound very simlish though, I could totally hear them being placed in the middle of a simlish sentence and sounding right. I feel like Simlish puts a lot of emphasis on vowels, so any name can sound simlish if pronounced with more exaggerated vowels, e.g. my name (Cassie) would be pronounced more like "C-aaaah-seee" if I was a sim, rather than Ca-see. Not sure if that would really work for longer names though, seeing as simlish seem to have short words. Maybe missing out a few letters, e.g. Cass-and-ra being pronounced Caaa-saaa-raa. I could definitely imagine a sim parent shouting that

When I was a kid I liked to name my sims "pie" pronounced "P", and would tell my Mum its a sim name not a real person name :p

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
I think Glabe & Glarn sound very simlish though, I could totally hear them being placed in the middle of a simlish sentence and sounding right.

If you have ever played Sims 1 Superstar, or used the Karaoke machine that came with Sims 2 Nightlife, you might remember the song 'Glabe Glarn'

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 5:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
If you have ever played Sims 1 Superstar, or used the Karaoke machine that came with Sims 2 Nightlife, you might remember the song 'Glabe Glarn'

Ah! What a wonderful memory you've just unlocked in my head lol. I knew their names had a reference to Sims 1 but couldn't remember how. I falsely thought that Flat & Flo (Broke) were the ones named after a sims 1 song... or maybe they are too? It's been about 15 years since I last played Sims 1.

Instructor
#7 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 4:46 AM
I've never thought about simlish names. I used to get very elaborate, using websites like babynames and findagrave and jot down entire pages worth of incredibly ethnic first and last names from across the globe (I have a geography degree and love other cultures).

These days I'm significantly more lazy and have just been going with whatever the first name that pops into my head is. So far the born babies in my Pleasantview Redo are Bobby, Caleb, Lilian, and Tobias. But I've been toying with the idea of naming my sims random things or random sounds in addition to random names. For example I really want to name a sim Banana. Why? Mostly just because young-me would never and so old-me (25 isn't old but) thinks the idea of a sim named Banana is spectacularly hilarious.
I suppose were I to go down the random sound route, some would likely be considered simlish in nature.
Inventor
#8 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 5:06 AM
I tend to name sims after the type of neighborhood I'm building -- so if Medieval, then names like Lady Claire Atwood.
Also I like to name some sims after my favorite creators to honor them --- like Phaeno and Kativip. :p

" Inama Nushif "
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 7:42 PM
I've come up with some pretty interesting names, every time I read them after a while I do a double take because I forget that was me who named them. I just name them after objects in my room because I'm so bad at naming things/people.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 9:21 PM
I keep meaning to create a couple of Sims named Doris Berganda and Marcie Bar'Twan, which is what they seem to be saying on the cooking channel. I imagine these are the Simworld equivalents of Delia Smith or Martha Stewart, so I'd want to figure out a way to play them accordingly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 10:05 PM
How about:

1: Naflurka
2: Shaboo
3 :Gonnna-del-Flurka
4: Nabby Gonshwab
5: Dabby La-Shla
6: Rek-No-Flurzoo
7: Shabby Showee

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 11:24 PM
Ya know, I kind of like Naflurka...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 11:22 AM
Last Names For Sims

1: Llamacake
2: Durgingur
3: Slaflooken
4: Hanooff
5: Gurdygur
6: Plowturn
7: Furnaan

First Names For sims

1: Zeezee
2: Wern
3: Maboy
4: Dikengurt
5: Killolla
6: Westyrn
7: Deekenglock

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 9:10 PM
I absolutely love Llamacake as a surname

Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 10:40 PM
Funny idea! I mostly go with joke names (Ima Failure, Helen & Stan Back), and plants (Rose Petal, Woody Branch) and food (Sugar Cookie)...sometimes I just can't be bothered...PeePee boy and Girl come to mind

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 1:07 AM Last edited by Aspersim : 29th Sep 2021 at 2:24 PM.
Possible Last Names:

1: Simbotamea
2: Drombot
3: Kashfoo
4: Nearbamea
5: Shwamboo
6: Klamboshwa
7: Vicnur

Possible First Names:
1: Kalsfloo
2: DombeDom
3: Wamboo
4: Laesheia
5: Boombo
6: Sheflurko
7: Durbe-Durble

Of course all the names we all listed above can be also used as first or last names anyway, it's up to you guys

All ideas are welcome therefore the name does not have to be in Simlish to participate.

From what I heard from the internet SImlish is actual a made up language that came from fractured Ukraine and Fractured Russian real life languages.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simlish

This is just a thread to get our creative juices flowing and for ideas on what to name our sims, names like Bob Jeff, Betty and Bella and those names are ok for the thread too, I only came out with similar to Similish languages because it's unusual to find some of the names I've listed on a baby names site that would already be in a google search