Replies: 54 (Who?), Viewed: 1575 times.
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 7:31 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 25th Jul 2021 at 7:50 PM.
Added Olga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
He is good looks good

@Victor_tor thank you

Here is an update on Tatiana I tried but her pictures she looks different and these are all from 1917 except the last

2:49PM UPDATE: here is Olga

Screenshots
Scholar
#27 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 7:53 PM
Gorgeous. I noticed one feature that you may be missed. I might be wrong actually. But
I think all of members of Romanov family has eyes that a little bit stretched. They all has big eyes but when talk about sims and sliders, that could be done with eye stretch. I stretched a little bit all of the eyes of each family member if I were you. Just a little bit in one or two clicks. Other face features are neat.

I added the picture. I tried my best in Paint. Sorry
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 8:53 PM
Quote:
Gorgeous. I noticed one feature that you may be missed. I might be wrong actually. But
I think all of members of Romanov family has eyes that a little bit stretched. They all has big eyes but when talk about sims and sliders, that could be done with eye stretch. I stretched a little bit all of the eyes of each family member if I were you. Just a little bit in one or two clicks. Other face features are neat.

I added the picture. I tried my best in Paint. Sorry

Yes i noticed that however every time I tried they look strange. I'll have my brother take a look tuesday
Scholar
#29 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 9:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief Managed
Yes i noticed that however every time I tried they look strange. I'll have my brother take a look tuesday

Don't stick on it then. That's not so important. I like Olga's hair. Very alike and so good for ear jewelry!

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 3:49 AM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 27th Jul 2021 at 4:04 AM.
Update
Quote:
Don't stick on it then. That's not so important. I like Olga's hair. Very alike and so good for ear jewelry!

@Victor_tor and @AndrewGloria

I made some small changes to Olga and Tatiana

Also update on Maria

and Anastasia

Scholar
#31 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 8:17 AM
I think they are good enough and their genetics is well done. You could try to find more accessoires to make them look like rich girls broad-brims, pearl earrings, layered necklaces, antique pendants, laced umbrellas etc.

Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 1:39 PM
reply and oops
Quote:
I think they are good enough and their genetics is well done. You could try to find more accessoires to make them look like rich girls broad-brims, pearl earrings, layered necklaces, antique pendants, laced umbrellas etc.

@Victor_tor Good glad you liked them
I just realized I made Maria and Anastasia adults when they should be teens Maria was 19 and Anastasia 17 when killed
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 28th Jul 2021 at 4:27 AM.
Update
@Victor_tor update Maria and Anastasia as teenagers also more changes for Alexei

Screenshots
Scholar
#34 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 10:49 AM
I noticed their eyes become better. I suggest you to add some accessoires to them and submit. Well done.

Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 2:15 PM
Quote:
I noticed their eyes become better. I suggest you to add some accessoires to them and submit. Well done.

@Victor_torYes all teens have bigger eyes in game. Oh good, Thank you I just have to finish Nicholas and Alexandra and then I will submit. I will work on them today/tonight
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
28th Jul 2021 at 11:50 PM
This message has been deleted by AndrewGloria. Reason: Placeholder post no longer needed!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 2:01 AM
Default My revised version of Alexei
Sorry to be so late with this. I actually finished him (as far as I felt I could go) four days ago, and only been trying to get the pictures right since.

At this stage I think it's best if you use your own version, but you are welcome to use anything from mine that you want to. I revised his face a bit using the profile that Victor_tor posted in post #10 above. Bear in mind that I know I'm almost face blind, so yours is probably a better likeness. The only mild criticism I have of yours is that I think Alexei's ears stick out a bit more.

Known problems with my Alexei: The Newsea hair I have used is too light. It is also too long for him at the end of his life. A darker version of it might be right for him if he started to to grow it again on being granted sanctuary, so I might use such a version for him later in my own game. Alexei appears to have had dark red-brown hair. Newsea terms of use do not appear to allow recolours. I'm afraid I'd ignore that if it was just for my own use, but I'd have to pay attention to it for sharing. I could ask Newsea for permission to make a darker recolour, but that would only make sense to me if recolour was going to be shared, or (as it would be in this case) if it was going to be shared along with a Sim. Actually Alexei had his hair in a short fringe near the end of his (short) life; see picture below.

According to his tutor Pierre Gilliard Alexei had blue-grey eyes; his mother's Lady in Waiting Sophie Buxhoeveden described them as dark blue. I have used Maxis light blue eyes, but it should be quite easy to make blue-grey ones in Body Shop. Someone must have made them already, but I've never really used CC eyes in my game, so I don't have any. Gilliard described Alexei's eyes as large but they seem quite narrow to me in his photos. I've made them as a compromise between large and narrow (I made them large and then reduced the height), but I probably I should have been guided more by his pictures. I haven't got his eyebrows right either.

I'd like to conclude the post with a couple of real life pictures of Alexei. These are taken from his Wikipedia page.

Sorry for being so slow -- I get very emotional working on this.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip AlexeiRomanov_2.zip (2.28 MB, 0 downloads)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 3:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Sorry to be so late with this. I actually finished him (as far as I felt I could go) four days ago, and only been trying to get the pictures right since.

At this stage I think it's best if you use your own version, but you are welcome to use anything from mine that you want to. I revised his face a bit using the profile that Victor_tor posted in post #10 above. Bear in mind that I know I'm almost face blind, so yours is probably a better likeness. The only mild criticism I have of yours is that I think Alexei's ears stick out a bit more.

Known problems with my Alexei: The Newsea hair I have used is too light. It is also too long for him at the end of his life. A darker version of it might be right for him if he started to to grow it again on being granted sanctuary, so I might use such a version for him later in my own game. Alexei appears to have had dark red-brown hair. Newsea terms of use do not appear to allow recolours. I'm afraid I'd ignore that if it was just for my own use, but I'd have to pay attention to it for sharing. I could ask Newsea for permission to make a darker recolour, but that would only make sense to me if recolour was going to be shared, or (as it would be in this case) if it was going to be shared along with a Sim. Actually Alexei had his hair in a short fringe near the end of his (short) life; see picture below.

According to his tutor Pierre Gilliard Alexei had blue-grey eyes; his mother's Lady in Waiting Sophie Buxhoeveden described them as dark blue. I have used Maxis light blue eyes, but it should be quite easy to make blue-grey ones in Body Shop. Someone must have made them already, but I've never really used CC eyes in my game, so I don't have any. Gilliard described Alexei's eyes as large but they seem quite narrow to me in his photos. I've made them as a compromise between large and narrow (I made them large and then reduced the height), but I probably I should have been guided more by his pictures. I haven't got his eyebrows right either.

I'd like to conclude the post with a couple of real life pictures of Alexei. These are taken from his Wikipedia page.

Sorry for being so slow -- I get very emotional working on this.

@AndrewGloria @Victor_tor

AndrewGloria Yours is very good! Quiet similar to mine so good job Though I probably will use mine just so I don't waste it but I can fix his ears sure. As for hair yes I will likely be doing hair recolors for all children as the colors they had are not options in game. Sure I can do blue grey eyes no problem only takes 5 minutes besides I just found out Tatiana had dark grey eyes so I had to change blue to grey, not sure about Tatiana Maria or Anastasia do you know if it was written what their eye color was

Tis a pity they never should have been sent to Yaketerinburg not like the girls could inherit and they had to Alexei was to weak to rule UGH it's so wrong And yes stress tends to cause a person to age faster as can chronic illness

in the meanwhile here is Alexandra and nicholas could not find a good quality photo of Alix in or around 1918 only younger also could not decide on a hairstyle. Also unfortunately like i said before I accidentally deleted Nicolas and had to start him over

Screenshots
Scholar
#38 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 9:14 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 30th Jul 2021 at 9:36 AM.
Oh i know those hair with crown. I's chignon. You can find it here https://maya40.dreamwidth.org/11154.html it is done very historically accurate!
Same creator has also set of different crown from royal jewelry sets https://www.deviantart.com/maya40/gallery?q=Crown

Mad Poster
#39 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 9:42 PM
@Mischief Managed

Sorry to post yet again, but I'm thinking that, since Alexei seems to have had is hair in a short fringe at the end of his life, it would be best to share him with such a hair. Of the ones available to me on my own PC this base game hair is probably the best:
Again Alexei seems to have blinked his eyes just as I pressed the shutter; he seems to be making a habit of this! It should be possible to make a recolour of this hair with a bit more red. There are probably better CC hairs available. I know that Peggy had some male hairs available in a red-brown colour which I think is nearer. Unfortunately the only ones I have are far too long. All Peggy's free hairs are available on Simscave, but I've forgotten my logon to Simscave so I can't see them.

Anyway you're doing a great job. I'm looking forward to seeing the Romanovs in Veronaville before too long.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 10:36 PM
Quote:
@Mischief Managed

Sorry to post yet again, but I'm thinking that, since Alexei seems to have had is hair in a short fringe at the end of his life, it would be best to share him with such a hair. Of the ones available to me on my own PC this base game hair is probably the best:
Again Alexei seems to have blinked his eyes just as I pressed the shutter; he seems to be making a habit of this! It should be possible to make a recolour of this hair with a bit more red. There are probably better CC hairs available. I know that Peggy had some male hairs available in a red-brown colour which I think is nearer. Unfortunately the only ones I have are far too long. All Peggy's free hairs are available on Simscave, but I've forgotten my logon to Simscave so I can't see them.

Anyway you're doing a great job. I'm looking forward to seeing the Romanovs in Veronaville before too long.

@AndrewGloria First of all Thank you, I was looking for that hair and I found it thanks to you and thank you for compliment

Second of all I cannot Identify color so I tried to make red brown I'll post 2 pictures first regular in game brown and then mine

Is this auburn?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#41 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 1:27 AM
I prefer the second one. It's what I would call auburn, and what I was aiming at for Alexei. My sister's hair was also called auburn. When she was a toddler it was quite red, but it turned browner as she grew up. By the time she was in her teens it was much the same as Alexei's in the second picture. Even today at 67 her hair still has a hint of red. I suspect Alexei's hair colour changed over time in much the same way as my sister's. (My own hair was blond as a toddler, fading to mousey light brown as a teen.) Alexei is looking really good!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 3:45 AM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 31st Jul 2021 at 4:45 AM.
Quote:
I prefer the second one. It's what I would call auburn, and what I was aiming at for Alexei. My sister's hair was also called auburn. When she was a toddler it was quite red, but it turned browner as she grew up. By the time she was in her teens it was much the same as Alexei's in the second picture. Even today at 67 her hair still has a hint of red. I suspect Alexei's hair colour changed over time in much the same way as my sister's. (My own hair was blond as a toddler, fading to mousey light brown as a teen.) Alexei is looking really good!

@AndrewGloria Oh ok good

also here are two more hair options for anastasia I myself prefer the first option 3rd color but figured get a second option but I believe she and olga had lighter/redish hair compared to Tatiana and Maria

UPDATE: I WAS able to find an actual auburn hair for Alexei

Also more hair styles for Maria though personally it's between the last 2
Screenshots
Scholar
#43 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 11:46 AM
I thought your sims are ready to share. But now I see they are still in developing.
I am not experienced in hair colors. I can't help with things I am not experienced. They are all brown haired for my taste. But I will help you with anything depending historical accuracy, if you'll ever need it.
Regards Vic ^_^

Mad Poster
#44 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 1:25 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 31st Jul 2021 at 1:36 PM. Reason: Finished a sentence!
@Mischief Managed

I agree with you about Anastasia; I'd go for first option third colour. For Maria I'd go for the last one. But these are very slight preferences. I generally prefer a little hair over the forehead as I think it makes people look younger, compared to a hairless brow. (When I had chicken pox as a child I scratched a pimple off on my forehead -- despite being told no to! -- and it's left me with a pock-mark there ever since. I've been trying to cover it with hair for over sixty years now!) In general I agree with Victor_tor; this family really is ready for upload now. I was afraid you wouldn't be able to find teenage dresses for Anastasia and Maria, but the ones they're wearing look perfectly good. As I understand it, you'll be sharing Nicholas, Alexandra, Olga and Tatiana as adults, and Maria, Anastasia and Alexei as teens?

I'd make one change still to Alexei -- I'd make his ears stick out a little more. Nopke made an Ear Sticking-Out custom slider. It's included in her set of 20 sliders (not to be confused with her set of 24 sliders). You probably have them already.

Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 3:14 PM
Quote:
I thought your sims are ready to share. But now I see they are still in developing.
I am not experienced in hair colors. I can't help with things I am not experienced. They are all brown haired for my taste. But I will help you with anything depending historical accuracy, if you'll ever need it.
Regards Vic ^_^

@Victor_tor Thank you and so did I untill I read the girls had different hair colors Also I am partially color blind can't identify color so. And thank you have been such a great help the biggest thing I need help with right now is fixing Nicholas.

Quote:
@Mischief Managed

I agree with you about Anastasia; I'd go for first option third colour. For Maria I'd go for the last one. But these are very slight preferences. I generally prefer a little hair over the forehead as I think it makes people look younger, compared to a hairless brow. (When I had chicken pox as a child I scratched a pimple off on my forehead -- despite being told no to! -- and it's left me with a pock-mark there ever since. I've been trying to cover it with hair for over sixty years now!) In general I agree with Victor_tor; this family really is ready for upload now. I was afraid you wouldn't be able to find teenage dresses for Anastasia and Maria, but the ones they're wearing look perfectly good. As I understand it, you'll be sharing Nicholas, Alexandra, Olga and Tatiana as adults, and Maria, Anastasia and Alexei as teens?

I'd make one change still to Alexei -- I'd make his ears stick out a little more. Nopke made an Ear Sticking-Out custom slider. It's included in her set of 20 sliders (not to be confused with her set of 24 sliders). You probably have them already.

@AndrewGloria Thank you for hairstyle was trying to do like the 1914 photos below. Funny you should mention but I believe the reason Anastasia had bangs was to cover a scar on her forehead though I don't know from what. and yes Maria Anastasia and Aelexi will be teens and the others adults, I tried to figure out their ages in game compared to when they died whoch were 22, 21 19, 17, and 13

Yes I do have those sliders and I can work on that today and if I can finish Nicholas today/tomorrow I can put them in game take pictures and prepare for upload as that really is all that's left. Again thank you for the help

Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 5:49 AM
Sneak Peak
@Victor_tor @AndrewGloria I attempted to recreate the 1914 photos though I realize now Anastasia had her arm around Olga not Maria and unfortunately I can not find sitting pose for Tatiana

Screenshots
Scholar
#47 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:01 PM
Those are stage dresses that were not worn in usual life. I mean girls were specially dressed for those photo. I'd rather say that their dresses here are formal. Girls in your photo were dressed more casually. Is this a photo for thread to upload?

Instructor
Original Poster
#48 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 1:28 PM
Quote:
Those are stage dresses that were not worn in usual life. I mean girls were specially dressed for those photo. I'd rather say that their dresses here are formal. Girls in your photo were dressed more casually. Is this a photo for thread to upload?

@Victor_tor Yes I know the girls and alexei were dressed more casual during regular life which is why I went with these dresses. Also when you upload sims are only able to include their everyday outfit I just figured this would be a good in game comparison. So in according to rules and the available CC these Romanovs will be wearing slightly more casual then perhaps they did in real life but then again they preferred a sense of simple then as well
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 5:36 AM
Updates
@Victor_tor @AndrewGloria I see some fixes I need to do but mostly minor unless I missed anything big? Also how do Alexei ears look now?

Scholar
#50 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 8:13 AM
@Mischief Managed as said already, I think your sims are ready for share. The only thing they need is pearl jewelry. I don't see anything else I could help you with.
Please don't mention me in this topic any more.
Regards Vic

Page 2 of 3