Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:04 PM
Default TIL or I was Today years old when...
A common thing on social media is the phenomenon of mentioning something you learned about.

It's usually prefaced with TIL (Today I Learned) when speaking of present day or I was Today years old when..., when speaking of something that came to light from the past.

TIL I can't exceed the limit of $369 buying natural food coloring powder from one of the top suppliers. I am learning to be a gyoza (potstickers) chef. I was going make lots of colorful gyoza.

Oh, fiddley foo, this won't do! (Yes I had a weird night last night.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st May 2021 at 1:13 AM
TIL That I've turned into one of those people who tells the same stories over and over.

I realised tonight that the story I mentioned was one I told to the same friends, last week - they were all too polite to mention it, but their eyes did glaze over a bit! lol!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2021 at 5:46 PM
I was today years old when I learn my dyslexia and dysgraphia are making it harder to discern the "D" in Walt Disney's signature.

I thought John Hancock was making a statement signing American documents, Walt Disney makes waves!

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2021 at 2:42 AM
"I was Today years old when"

Today I learned that this wording hurts my brain.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2021 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
"I was Today years old when"

Today I learned that this wording hurts my brain.

I didn't make it up nor would I want to.

Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 3:46 AM
I found out how easily corruptible TS2 is. Like, seriously! I gotta tiptoe in this game