Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fully Functioning Working Basements

by snappledude21 Posted 30th Jun 2005 at 5:23 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2005 at 3:21 AM by snappledude21 : works again

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 1:33 AM
With this hack, doors and windows can go on basement walls. No other hack does that.

There is NO way to get around the sloping issue. PERIOD. If you want a room underground and the ground up to the house, there will be a slope, or a wall inside the basement.

You can do it however you want, totally exposed basement if you want, on water. I have a house that is completely built on water, basement totally visible, but with a room on that bottom floor (basement). Just follow the instructions. The only difference between my "basement" and a real basement is that light doesn't come in windows.....unless you do the basement above the level of the sidewalk (note it can still be under GROUND level and be above SIDEWALK level). If it is, and you made a walkout basement, and put windows on the back, light would still come in there, and you could still bury the front of the house, making a realistic basement. Once NIGHTLIFE comes out, i'm guessing i'll be able to do a garage door on my basement with this hack, just FYI.....
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 9:32 AM
um, ur wrong. Doors and windows can go on basement walls, just delete the foundation where u want the wall to be and replace with wall.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 12th Aug 2005 at 7:07 PM
Snappledude:
First thank you for sharing.. this is so neat!
But I`ve got a question.. If I build a house with this and share it.. what happends in another persons game?
Test Subject
#29 Old 20th Aug 2005 at 6:52 PM
Hi! :howdy:
Sorry if this has been answered before....
I don't know if it's just me but.... there's only the wall(4$) foundation in my foundation menu.... did I do something wrong?I really want it in game :fallen:
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Aug 2005 at 7:37 PM
Oh and could someone post their backups? I was stupid enough to not make some.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chao2609
um, ur wrong. Doors and windows can go on basement walls, just delete the foundation where u want the wall to be and replace with wall.

Well,.....yes thats true (have been building houses with basements like that forever)
.....but you do have to replace the original basement walls with a standard wall.....so, in a sense you are not really putting doors and windows on a basement wall then anymore.

Its fun to be a Sadist.
*The Pain & Pleasure Principle*

Save the world and drown a politican today!

El diablo sabe mas por viejo que por diablo!
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 9:43 PM
GUUUYS! I need help :'( i've never felt so stupid.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 11:32 PM
Great job why do you feel stupid just do what the instructions say very easy.
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 3:01 AM
REEARGH! *pulls hair out* just someone post their backups.... please
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 4:00 PM Last edited by Lupusdragon : 28th Aug 2005 at 9:45 PM. Reason: Never mind
I am having some trouble as well. I was able to put a door in a deck wall, but not a foundation wall. If the deck wall were recolourable, that would not be a problem. However, when I surround the "hacked deck" with the "hacked foundation" the deck walls disappear, so when I remove the "hacked foundation" the "hacked deck" disappears entirely - no "magical" change. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I tried it differently than I had been and it worked this time. The new foundation has to be built in sections around the deck/orginal foundation piece, rather than just dragging a full box-foundation from corner to corner to cover the deck/foundation. I can see now why it is so difficult to explain what, exactly is supposed to be done. Now that it works, I must say I love this hack. Thank you.
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 11:32 PM Last edited by k os girl : 29th Aug 2005 at 2:13 AM.
Ok, since no one is POSTING their backups(:banghead:ugh wish someone could).... anyone know where i could find them?

AND(you probly think im a whiney baby trying to wreck snappledude12's reputation, im not. Im wrecking MY reputation. :err: )
My pool tool isn't working
I dunno if it has to do with the hack though
EDIT: i now have 2 decks but still no pool, also... i can't put a door/window in foundation
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 12:23 PM
Fantastic! Thanks for mentioning me in your post. That was my last upload to this site...I lost interest in the Sims 2 and Uni but now that Nightlife is coming out the spark is reignited! I am playing the game now and am back into SimPE and BodyShop...Thanks! I was actually going to try this myself back when I made the 'objects on walls' one but I just couldn't get it to work as you have so successfully done. Brilliant!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 7:01 PM
Snappledude,

Nice hack...

Just wanna tell you an alternative way.

Use moveobjects cheat (moveobjects on/off) to place windows and doors on the foundation walls and after a reload of the lot, they'll appear. Best of all, they're functional as if they're on default walls... .

You can read about this tutorial for more info about how to use foundation wall.
TS2 Foundation Wall behaviour Basic Build tutorial
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=87464
#39 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 4:38 AM
Discombobulated
This is a great hack, but it's complicated!!! :gonemad: :jaw: I don't mean to badmouth your product :yas: but there must be some way you can make this easier.
Test Subject
#40 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 10:18 AM
I prefer doing it the old way no offence, this way sounds a little too complicated, good job though.
Banned
#41 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 1:01 AM
How does this work with University and Nightlife?
Field Researcher
#42 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 1:37 PM
it doesnt.... id just use moveobjects on... its far simplier and wont mess up your game!

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
Test Subject
#43 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 3:44 PM
After some time of cursing and going in circles, I finally got it right. The important part to understand is that

1. we place a latice deck
2. we surround the deck by foundation
3. we delete the foundation
4. the latice deck has got 'wallpaper' of brick and starts reacting like a standard wall.

we do NOT make a normal basement (with cutting down walls etc).

One hint: use floor tiles to level ground. All possible ground will be levelled to the level of the starting tile for free and with precision.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by quasim
After some time of cursing and going in circles, I finally got it right. The important part to understand is that

1. we place a latice deck
2. we surround the deck by foundation
3. we delete the foundation
4. the latice deck has got 'wallpaper' of brick and starts reacting like a standard wall.

we do NOT make a normal basement (with cutting down walls etc).

One hint: use floor tiles to level ground. All possible ground will be levelled to the level of the starting tile for free and with precision.

Sounds a great alternative way, gonna try it.

One tip for the hint: if the lot is built under build mode rather than the play mode, terrain tool works cost nothing to the lot price.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 3:55 PM
This object is a neat idea, but I'm having a problem with it. I follwed the directions very carefully, but it won't let me put windows in the exposed basement walls, and only numenor's window wall doors. What am I doing wrong?

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Test Subject
#46 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 2:14 AM
Default o0
your icon is hot :censored:

[SIZE=3][COLOR=PaleGreen]BaNii* <3[/COLOR][/SIZE] moi
Inventor
#47 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 7:34 PM
Aww kool thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#48 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 12:08 PM
When I removed the texts you have written from walls and decks files to remove from my game, the extra deck thumbnails won't move and my game will crash everytime I try to make an even "normal" foundation. I repasted your texts to get rid of the situation but it didn't help. Do you have any idea how to remedy the problem?

Thanks
Field Researcher
#49 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 12:27 AM Last edited by MizzesSimmer : 24th Dec 2005 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Tried it out
Hi! :wave:

I've always wanted something like this.

I was wondering, if I built a house with this and others downloaded it, will it still be functional (like the doors) for those who don't have this hack?

Sorry, im sloooowww for these things, lol.

Edit* I just tried it out and it works great, took me a minute to figure out how the heck to do it and with what, but once it all clicked, it was great!
Thankyou!!! :bow2: :buddies: :lovestruc
Test Subject
#50 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 8:49 AM
truly amazing

Were not tools of the government or anyone else fighting was the only thing, the only thing I was good at.
Page 2 of 3