Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 5:31 PM
this seems difficult
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#252 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 11:19 AM
Give it a try. It is quite simple, and it feels really good to make some content.

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Test Subject
#253 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 10:58 PM
I can't open Home Crafter. Everytime I click on it, nothing happens and two other files appear. What's wrong? I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but it does the same thing.
Test Subject
#254 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 12:37 AM
i tried downloading HomeCrafter but when i try to Load it nevers loads or even pops up .Any advice?
Field Researcher
#255 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 2:08 AM
Just leave it for a while. Having most eps and sps slows the load time. You could also move your entire downloads folder to your desktop temporarily, just before you start homecrafter. Then place it back where it belongs when your have closed homecrafter.

The Sim Supply!

Test Subject
#256 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
You have to download Homecrafter from the official site, it's not included in the game. HP has a link in the first post of this thread to download it.

I have downloaded Homecrafter but for some reason it will not open whatsoever. What should I do?
Field Researcher
#257 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 8:44 AM
Click the homecrafter icon, then leave it for a few minutes, as it may take a long time to load.

The Sim Supply!

Test Subject
#258 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 11:07 PM
Is there any way possible to do these kind of things without Photoshop or Gimp or... Others. Can't i just use paint?

Gimp? Photoshop? What the... What does that mean,, You know your a newbie when,,,
Field Researcher
#259 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 7:18 AM
Yes, but, only VERY basic stuff. And by basic I mean like one solid colour for the whole thing. You really should use a proper program.Gimp and Paint.net are very good, and they both cost nothing.

The Sim Supply!

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#260 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 5:57 PM
Okay, let's try this again, louder.

Please do not post in this thread regarding Homecrafter issues!

This thread is just for questions relating to doing this tutorial. If you have problems with Homecrafter, this is not the right place. Links have been posted previously in this thread regarding issues with Homecrafter. Follow them and do what they say.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#261 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 5:58 PM
winniedory - Please actually read the info in the tutorial. MS Paint -won't- do what is detailed in this tutorial. You are given several options, including plenty of free ones, to use, and the editing part of the tutorial is shown using a free editor as well as Photoshop.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#262 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 11:36 PM
Hi!
Thanks for the tut (didn't remember to thank when making my first walls and floors with a help of this tut).
Now I'm asking if it's possible to make only half reflective walls? I'm making kitchen walls where is a part of wallpaper covered with glass above the kitchen counter level and below the upper cabinet level. Other wise the wallpaper won't need the "glass cover" and could be normal. Is it possible to implement that?
Test Subject
#263 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:17 PM
i think it might be a bit to confusing for me i'll stick to bodyshop stuff b thanx anyway lol at least it helped me become less confuzzed lol
Test Subject
#264 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:46 AM Last edited by snowballvivi : 26th Jan 2009 at 8:57 AM.
Well, your tutorial is the one i'm start with, and it's absolutly great! Very easy to understand with a lot details! I have to say: Thank you very much!!

And I'm about to follow your tutorial step by step, so after I go over your tutorial, I went to sims2's website (which you listed above), then I reallized i have a problem...My homecrafter's really not working at all. ( That really sucks.)

So I quited.

But still, I love your tutorial!!! And it really helps! ( in some other way. Like the PS skills...) (>w<")

Thank you~ hope I could study some other of your tuts soon!
Test Subject
#265 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 3:04 PM
good! thanks!!
Top Secret Researcher
#266 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 5:07 AM
While HomeCrafter is open and I'm trying to make a new wall paint (I'm stuck on step 4 for that part), my paint looks all white and ugly! What do I do to fix this?
EDIT: When I try to make HomeCrafter use one of my wall textures, it's just all black... I even replaced the template with my own texture, but it turned black, too! Only a small portion of the baseboard and crown moulding appeared, along with the blackness.

ENTJ
Test Subject
#267 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 4:28 AM
Thank you !!! Fantastic tutorial! You have made it so much easier for me to figure this stuff out. It would have taken me forever on my own.
Thanks again!!
Test Subject
#268 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 7:05 PM
I'm stumped.......I've checked and double checked what I did and I have gone through all the steps outlined. I have had no problem creating the items, and then importing them to the game. My propblem is that after I go through all the steps, the files do not show up in my My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads folder. I do have items I downloaded from others and they work fine. Any suggestions on what the problem may be?
Field Researcher
#269 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by furymonkey
I'm stumped.......I've checked and double checked what I did and I have gone through all the steps outlined. I have had no problem creating the items, and then importing them to the game. My propblem is that after I go through all the steps, the files do not show up in my My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads folder. I do have items I downloaded from others and they work fine. Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

Are you sure? There insn't any floor_*generic-number-like-2659416-etc*.package?

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Field Researcher
#270 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Where are my creations located?

Would be interesting to put the link to the Sims 2 WTF (Wall, Terrain and Floor) Editor @ DJS Sims. Description: [...] batch rename all the Walls, Terrain Paints, and Floors in any given directory so that they will have the same filename as their internal name.

Pratical and more easy than remane one by one im SimPE.

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Test Subject
#271 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 5:40 AM
I figured it out finally....I didn't realize I need to cut and paste these files into the game as well. :-) I'm slowly learning though......
Test Subject
#272 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 5:04 AM
Okay and now I have another problem.. I follow the tutorial to a tee and everything looks great. When I try to import it gives the message "There is not enough disk space to export the selected textures." What exactly does this mean and how can I fix it so I can make my wallpaper? [Sorry I don't know if this is a homecrafter issue, or a newbie issue on my part. Thanks!]
Test Subject
#273 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 5:04 PM
Is it possible for a tutorial on how to make reflective floor and wall tiles?
I saw somewhere someone knows how to make them and I am all about learning cool new tricks to do with my photoshop, so is there any way you can email me and let me know if this is a possibility?
Thanks, James
Test Subject
#274 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 5:09 PM
Default Importing errors
i had this same issue when I tried to install the HCP the first time, apparently the program doesn't support certain aspects of newer games but have no fear they figured out how to do it.
Go to Game Help on this site and look up Home Crafter Plus help, follow that to the Tee and it will be okay, it fixed the issue for me in a jiffy. That is when I decided to do it the right way after 3 weeks and 100 wrong tries.
Good luck!!
Quote: Originally posted by sailorvivi
Okay and now I have another problem.. I follow the tutorial to a tee and everything looks great. When I try to import it gives the message "There is not enough disk space to export the selected textures." What exactly does this mean and how can I fix it so I can make my wallpaper? [Sorry I don't know if this is a homecrafter issue, or a newbie issue on my part. Thanks!]
Test Subject
#275 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 2:21 AM
hey thanks for the link to the inspiration gallery!! cool stuff there.

I really would like to know how to do reflective floor tiles but I can't find any info out there on how to create them, I am looking to make something with a wooden or marbled feel to it, it has to be better than that flat white and black checkerboard that came with the game.
Can someone help me please?
Page 11 of 16