Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Debug Console Command Enabler (Updated July 6th, 2009)

by Rick Posted 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:47 AM - Updated 16th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM by Srikandi

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 260 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:57 PM
Default way cooooool
I hope I got my folder built right case there is an annoying neighbor gonna have an accident hey hey !
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:06 AM
My game crashes when on start up when I installed this.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#28 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mahzorimpan
My game crashes when on start up when I installed this.
What version of the game do you have? What region?
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:47 AM
i must be special ed because it's still not working for me! i have a mac but it's just not doing it
Test Subject
#30 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
enablellamas - Usage: enableLlamas [on|off]

Erm, what exactly does the "enableLlamas" do? Will it spawn llamas?
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pikangie
Erm, what exactly does the "enableLlamas" do? Will it spawn llamas?
It actually does nothing. I gather it's an inside joke command.
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:20 AM
Do one of them commands stop the aging process of sims?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:48 PM
I think stopping aging can be done in options rather than debug/cheat console.

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:47 PM
Default Thank you so very vey much
This includes normal commands too, but sure:

Game commands:

testingCheatsEnabled - Usage: testingCheatsEnabled [true|false]. Enables/disables testing cheats.
SaveSimAsLooseFile - Sets the save sim mode. Usage: SaveSimAsLooseFile [true|false] or [1|0] (default is false)
ExportAsEAContent - Exports content as EA content. Usage: ExportAsEAContent [true|false] or [1|0] (default is false)
ExportAsPaidContent - Exports content as Paid content. Usage: ExportAsPaidContent [true|false] or [1|0] (default is true)
ShowInteractions - Shows the names of the interactions above all the Sims' heads
Select - Select a particular sim
ShowMoreSocials - Shows 'More...' socials if some do not fit on the top menu
quit - Exits the game
RefreshDnP - Re-loads static Dreams and Promises data
DnPOutputPrimitives - outputs all DnP primitives so that they can be pasted into the dreamNames enum
AssertOnRetestingDnPNodes - Sets the game to assert if the DnP System removes a node when it retests the visible ones
ToggleStringId - Shows the string key after localized text
TriggerShareTutorial - Triggers the sharing tutorialette
RefreshOpportunities - Re-loads static opportunities data
SetHouseholdName - Sets the localization key for the active household's name
SetHouseholdDescription - Sets the localization key for the active household's description
ResetLifetimeHappiness - Resets the lifetime happiness of all the sims in the active household
dialogs - Usage: dialogs [on|off]. Enables/disables dialogs, for soak testing.
spawnerwarnings - Usage: spawnerwarnings [on|off]. Enables/disables 'spawned object proximity warning' dialogs.
DisposeInvalidSimDesc - Deletes all Sim Descriptions that are missing required outfits. Use with caution.
jokePlease - Prints a random joke to the console

World commands:

kaching - Adds $1000 to active household funds
motherlode - Adds $50000 to active household funds
enablellamas - Usage: enableLlamas [on|off]
hideHeadlineEffects - Usage: hideHeadlineEffects [on|off]. Shows or hides talk/thought balloons above Sim heads
resetDnP - resets the dreams and promises manager of the currently selected sim, using -all will reset all sims in current house's DnP managers
resetSim - Usage: resetSim <firstname> <lastname>. Returns Sim to a safe, neutral state at their home location
familyFunds - Usage: familyFunds <household_name> <amount>. Sets family funds of named household
speed - Usage: speed <0-4>. Sets game speed. 0 = paused, 4 = ultra speed through current action
ageuptonpc - Usage: ageUpToNPC. Toggles option for toddler who is aging up to be a non-player-controlled Sim in the household
maptags - Usage: mapTags [on|off]. Toggles map tags on and off. This is most noticeable in Map View
cleanhouseholds - Cleans up non-instantiated Sims in all households (except for the Service household)
piemenu - pie menu utilities
lifetimehappiness - Adds 50000 spendable lifetime happiness points to the selected sim.
lookat - only [on/off] - only run lookats for the actor currently selected. scores [on/off] - display lookat scores
killplantableobjects - Deletes all ingredients and plantable non-ingredients in the world.
refreshmotives - Refreshes motives if they have got corrupted
refreshhouseholdthumbnails - [s,m,l,xl,all] Refreshes all of the world's household thumbnails
refreshlotthumbnails - [s,m,l,xl,all] [roof] Refreshes all of the world's lot thumbnails
refreshsimthumbnails - [s,m,l,xl,all] Refreshes all of the world's sim thumbnails
sacsdump - dump managed sacs data
playobjectsound - Plays the given audio clip as a positional sound on the active Sim
stopobjectsounds - Kills all object sounds started by playobjectsound
esrbchecks - [all|clothing|children] [on|off] turns periodic ESRB violation checks on or off. Assumes all if type omitted. Toggles if on/off omitted.
loginteractions - Logs all interactions on all Sims to the InteractionQueue channel.
findsimwithoutfit - [instanceId] Finds Sim with given outfit
showbroadcast - Toggles debug draw of all gameplay broadcasters. Usage: showbroadcast
showwalkdist - Toggles debug draw of walk style ranges. Usage: showwalkdist
zoom - Camera zooms to the specified object id.
storyprogression - Sets the story progression mode. Usage: storyprogression <Disabled|Enabled|Accelerated>
meta - Toggles debug display of meta/local (for autonomy debugging). Usage: meta
debuglots - Toggles debug display of lots (for meta-autonomy debugging). Usage: debuglots
worldbuilderimport - Imports character data from a spreadsheet that is passed in as the first parameter
worldbuilderoutput - Will output the information about the current world needed for the worldbuilder spreadsheet
SaveUniform - Saves out parts of the current outfit
LoadUniform - Overlay current sim with named uniform
DeleteAllObjects - Deletes objs of given type. Use: DeleteAllObjects [FullTypeName,Assembly] Ex:DeleteAllObjects Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Toys.Football,Sims3GameplayObjects
exterminate - Kills <count> random Sims.
spawn - Creates <count> random Sims.
debugSocial - true/false turns social debugging on and off
killobject - Deletes a game object. Usage: killobject <object id>
routedebuglog - Toggles the route debug log on/off. You can also turn it off or on explictly by passing parameter "on" or "off". Usage: routedebuglog ["on" or "off"]
DisplayLotPackageFileName - on/off - switches lot tooltips on and off
money - Sets family funds of the selected Sim. Usage: 'money' gives $1000000, 'money <number>' gives $number.
purgegenealogy - Purges distant genealogy relations
logobjects - Logs all objects on the current or specified lot. Usage: logobjects [lot]
stressreset - Stresses resetting an object. Usage: stressreset [objectId]
resetservicenpctraits - Iterates through the current service NPC sims and resets their traits. Usage: resetservicenpctraits
babyboom - Adds a baby and a toddler to every household in the world.

Thank you so very much I was getting so pissed off the shazamm didnt work but with you batch the lifetimehappiness works great along with all the other it is so cool. It make the game that much funner. Now I can cheat and play with out cheat. Ater all if you are going to cheat might as well all the was hehehe
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:12 PM
What does esrbchecks do? Is this a console equivalent to the censor patch so we dont' need to change shader files or something?
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jimbob0i0
What does esrbchecks do? Is this a console equivalent to the censor patch so we dont' need to change shader files or something?
No, it's more of a setting that determins if certain things can occur in gameplay, for example, it seems to do something with being naked outside of your home lot, teleporting of babies / toddlers home when their caregiver (parents, babysitter, etc) are not present, and others.
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:47 PM
It actually does nothing. I gather it's an inside joke command.

I see, thanks!

...I actually even had a dream that I was in The Sims 3(which I haven't gotten to try yet), and enabled the cheat... Llamas were all over... D:
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:34 AM
Default Did you find out where to put the folder?
Quote: Originally posted by alex14445
Hello for the sims 3 mac where do you put the folder

Looing to add MODS to MAC SIMS 3 but cannot find MOD folder? Does anyone know? Did you find out where to put it? Thx, JG
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:25 AM Last edited by EndlessSims : 20th Jun 2009 at 7:43 PM. Reason: Found One Not Working!
My game crashes before the launcher comes up. I put it in the right places c:/programs/EA/sims3/ right? or is there more into installing this? Thanks! I am new at this . Okay I boobed I got it to work, I now can use lifetimehappiness and works beautifully! Thank you have a beer on me lol
What dose this do? enablellamas - Usage: enableLlamas [on|off]
And I enabled the Llamas now what? lol

Well I found that hideHeadlinEffects off is not working at all! Anyone know why? Thank you!
Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:18 PM Last edited by scifinut68 : 6th Jun 2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Found something else and need another answer... I guess I'm just confused.
Quote: Originally posted by muaythaianime
why can't I get it to work?I put package file in Mods and .cfg in Sims 3 as inQuote:
Originally Posted by ruscount
I have place the package file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 but when I type in any of the commands I get the unknown command message. Did I place it in the right place or should I place it somewhere else?

In your case, the package file goes in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, and you need the Resource.cfg in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. structed in

SO, IF THE "MODS\PACKAGES" FOLDERS ARE NOT THERE, YOU HAVE TO ADD THEM, RIGHT? MY FOLDERS ARE UNHIDDEN PER CONTROL PANEL, SO DO I HAVE IT RIGHT?

THANKS.

...Also, I found an original game "Resource.cfg" file under "Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Wins32"... I have Vista Ultimate if that matters.

Thanks, again.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#41 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:19 PM
Yes, if the directory does not already exist, create them (though usually extraction of the zip to the root Sims 3 directory will create them for you...).
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM
Okay... Thanks. I extracted the files. Let's see if this works!!! Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:23 PM
You the Man! Thank you so much..I find no problems and all is working well...
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:42 PM
Thank you so much! I can't believe the makers disabled them... sneaky. This is going to make it sooo much easier

I'm a housebuilder, sim-maker, and story-teller. Just not an uploader.
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:11 PM
This looks great! It looks like it's similar to the old boolprop cheat and the magic mail box (Oh how I miss that)
I'm a bit confused though. Do you need this to utilize the cheat code system?
Test Subject
#46 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:55 PM
hello i placed package inside this directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. but it still says unknown command when i try to use the cheats. Did I do something wrong? I'm getting frustrated

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#47 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxhappyxgunxx
This looks great! It looks like it's similar to the old boolprop cheat and the magic mail box (Oh how I miss that)
I'm a bit confused though. Do you need this to utilize the cheat code system?
No, what this mod does is enabled the *debug* commands. There are still some non-debug cheat commands in the game.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#48 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annalese Revere
hello i placed package inside this directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. but it still says unknown command when i try to use the cheats. Did I do something wrong? I'm getting frustrated
You have a proper Resource.cfg in the root Sims 3 directory, right?
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:53 PM Last edited by Annalese Revere : 6th Jun 2009 at 10:04 PM.
You have a proper Resource.cfg in the root Sims 3 directory, right?

what does that mean i dont understand. i need to put the downloaded file inside the sims root directory? or what? im confused where does the resouce file go?

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annalese Revere
what does that mean i dont understand. i need to put the downloaded file inside the sims root directory? or what? im confused where does the resouce file go?

Nevermind i feel like a dummy! i think i figured it out now thanks for this mod it rocks!

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Page 2 of 11