Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #3: Five Studio Lamps *UPD 08feb08*

by Numenor Posted 27th Dec 2004 at 8:25 PM - Updated 9th Oct 2008 at 1:31 PM by -Maylin-

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 3:30 AM
Do I need to download CEP inorder for this to show up in the game?

Thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 8:01 AM
You don't need the CEP in order for it to show up in the game; you need the CEP only if you are planning to make/download recolours for it.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 4:26 AM
Okay. thanks.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 29th May 2006 at 9:13 AM
I can't thank you enough for making this accessable. The 'rewards' camera always took very dark pictures, but with the addition of this lamp they turn out perfect!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 29th May 2006 at 11:12 PM
Hi,Numenor,are you aware of how much we love you?
Test Subject
#56 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vanessa135
Hi,Numenor,are you aware of how much we love you?

Yeah, he's quite the celebrity already. The side effect is that now he is too afraid to leave his house without a bodyguard.

Anyway, thanks for the object, it adds a nice touch to the family photo studio.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 12:25 AM
Thanks so much, I like have hidden objects
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:01 PM
Wow i've been looking for one of these to complete my sims studio attic!
The best :-)
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 10:16 PM
They just FORGOT putting it in the catalog??? That's too funny
Thank you for finding it, it's just what I'd have needed lately for a photograper's corner in a supermarket ^^
Great!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:11 PM
You are the best! I have to tell you that I have downloaded from many sites and on every single site your name comes up and I say WOW Numenor is apart of everything I see. I see people on paysites giving credit to you and so forth. It simply amazes me and I want to say that you are the best and without you our game would never be the same. Thank you dearly for all that you do to keep us hooked on this game. It is a break for me to play my game and you make it so awesome. Thank you for all you do!! Big hugs from Tweety64801. Oh yeah and thanks for the lamp too.

When you see someone without a smile Give them Yours! Want to impress your Father this Father's Day come check out my new site...http://holladaure.ecrater.com/
Forum Resident
#61 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 2:12 PM
thank you so much for you found this lighting!!it help sim's picture look nice a lot!!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 3:44 PM
hey Numenor,

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=131127
I know these files came out wayyy after your extracted objects did, but maybe you'd want to take a look at them anyway.. since some of the objects you've created seem to be the same as the ones in the collections. Or, even if they aren't the same, you might find some use for them! (:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 10:32 PM Last edited by Numenor : 8th Feb 2008 at 10:42 PM.
Default Update!
MAXIS LOST & FOUND #3: FIVE "STUDIO" LAMPS
UPDATED 08 FEB 2008: added four more lamps

ClickMe ClickMe

I always feel a little weird when editing very old threads like this one... -

As per request by Aramis, I've decided to extract all the other Studio lamps (they are five in total). Of course, I'm aware that other users have already extracted them, but of course mine are somewhat different...
Here are the other Studio Lamps posted at MTS2:
  • "2 Studio Lamps" by Targa: these are full clones and therefore are much bigger (in file size) than mine and contain duplicated resources; and of course they are only 2...
  • "Maxis based modern wall lights" by Ailias: this is a full clone for the Umbrella lamp only.
  • "Maxis Studio Lamps" by Psyckotic: this is a collection, not actual objects; Aramis reported it not to work with BV. However, the collections are perfectly compatible with my lamps: if you install my lamps, using Psyckotik's collection will pick from the catalog my improved lamps, not the standard ones.
  • "229 ingame Maxis objects in collection files" by Frillen: these are collections, too; they contain 229 objects, so if you are interested only in the Studio Lamps it might be hard to find them These collections, too, are compatible with my lamps.

Compared to the lamps above, my lamps have the following added features:
  • They are compatible with any game, including BV.
  • They are neither collections nor full clones: they're "partial clones", meaning that the package contains only the resources really needed, without duplicating anything already existing in game.
  • They are fully recolourable, with the added bonus that they are all enslaved together: just create one recolour and it will apply to all the lamps at once!

I've kept the very same package name as the old Umbrella lamp, in order to make it overwrite the older file; therefore, even if the package name mentions only the Umbrella lamp, don't worry: it contains all the five lamps

All the five lamps can be found in the Buy Mode catalog, in section Lighting -> Misc

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#64 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 2:18 PM
Thank you so much Numenor!
Now are sims can simply have a photostudio. :D

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#65 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:18 PM
YAY!! I had downloaded Psyckotic's awhile back and to my horror, I couldn't get to them after I installed Pets. I really needed these. Thank you dear sir. *hugs and runs away*

If it's Courtesyof24; it's courtesy of me!
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th May 2008 at 5:23 PM
Umbrella Studio Lamp is my favourite! But why my Sims2Pack Clean Installer thinks that it's a hack (in red colour) ? It's safe to include it in my lots for uploading? I don't get it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 10th May 2008 at 8:18 PM
The Clean Installer detects that the umbrella lamp is a replacement of the Maxis one, and it's true but don't worry: it's normal, it won't damage your game

Test Subject
#68 Old 11th May 2008 at 8:48 AM
thanks, ok
Forum Resident
#69 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:13 PM
i love you,have been looking for lamps everywhere
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 10:47 PM
I love!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 16th May 2010 at 3:36 AM
Awww Numenor!! You always make me smile.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 1:56 AM
Thank you very much numenor for sharing such a great item . You are very talented. keep up the good woerk .
Scholar
THANKS POST
#73 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 11:01 PM
!fantastico!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 11:46 PM
Too Cool!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#75 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 4:23 PM
I know you've long left, but thank you for the extra lamps. It has been quite a while since I came back to this download. Thank you for all you've done, actually.
Page 3 of 4