Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Disable Autonomous Mourning

by Snaitf Posted 17th Oct 2014 at 6:18 AM

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:36 PM
Thank you for this. While I don't mind my sims autonomously mourning, there are some times where it really breaks my immersion. I had an adopted sim child that would bawl his eyes out every day, over his dead grandmother that he had never met XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 2:51 PM
This is sorely needed. I want to have a family cemetary on the plot, but had to put the urns in inventory, because of this problem. Wreaked havoc with my Legacy Challenge. So thanks for thinking of this.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 4:15 PM
This is definitely needed - I understood why her husband went out to cry, but why did her daughter-in-law she'd never met? And why does she do it ALL THE TIME?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 7:45 PM
I had to remove the urns of my main family's parents because one of my sims would constantly go over there and mourn, even though she never actually met the dead sim. She would be in the middle of cooking a meal and suddenly stop mid-way and go mourn the ashes of some stranger in an urn.

So... this should help a lot - thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 10:00 PM
Thank you so much for this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:34 AM
funny I have Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie as guests, and all they do is rushing running around the house only to mourn some stranger in an urn >_< so annoying!
This is great! But I don't get the conflict part, did you mean it's only conflict when using 2 mods but same function?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 7:00 AM
THANK U SO MUCH!!!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT!!!! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:14 AM
Thanks! This was very much needed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:55 PM
just want I always wanted!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:39 PM
You. Are. AWESOME!! THANK-YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:14 AM
This mod has saved so much frustration! The sims will go and mourn their relatives so often I had to fence in the graveyard. Hooray!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:47 AM
So annoying when my sim is cooking and she'll stop to go mourn.Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:38 PM
Thank you so much for this. I've had to put my urns in the family inventory because sims kept stopping what they were doing to mourn - which is sad because I've missed having the ghosts around.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 4:38 PM
Yes, this is much appreciated - this has been driving me crazy, too! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:17 AM
Thank you so much! A new member of my household (who never even met any of my dead Sims) keeps wandering out into the graveyard to mourn while she's supposed to be gardening.
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 11:29 AM
Will this stop the autonomous "laugh at" action for graves as well?
One of my characters "killed" their ex, and cant stop laughing at them. It was extremely funny at first, but now they cant even finish making a meal without stopping once or twice to laugh at their grave.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrMedicinal
Will this stop the autonomous "laugh at" action for graves as well?
One of my characters "killed" their ex, and cant stop laughing at them. It was extremely funny at first, but now they cant even finish making a meal without stopping once or twice to laugh at their grave.

You know, I'm not 100% sure. I think it will, as I believe that "laugh at" is a type of mourning. Let us know if it works for you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 5:16 PM
Thank You Sooooo Much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 6:58 PM
Thanks a ton for this. The endless stop-cooking-to-mourn thing was getting old.
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
You know, I'm not 100% sure. I think it will, as I believe that "laugh at" is a type of mourning. Let us know if it works for you.

Finally got time to test your mod, and it works like a charm for the "laugh at" action as well. Thank you so much for this!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 8:22 AM
Can you confirm if this mod works with the newest patch? I put it in my game and all of a sudden my sims were unable to eat anything.
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:40 AM
Is there any way of making it so that the sims only mourn if they have a relationship with the dead sim, or does the tombstone just broadcast a general "you will mourn me!" signal at everyone?
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th May 2015 at 9:49 PM
Thanks for making this!
Thank you for making this I got so mad. My sims would always mourn people they never knew at my grave yard and they would show up sad for work JUST because someone they never knew died. 2/3 of my people in the household never knew anyone in the graveyard, never spoken to them alive but 3/3 would run over to the graveyard while I wasn't watching ALL THE TIME.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 9:30 PM
Thanks a bunch. Hope it still works. I'm going to test it out, and let you guys know.
Page 1 of 2