Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 1:49 AM
Default Common Pleasantview & SSU partnerships?
Hiya! I'm sure there's tons of threads like this, in fact I've seen some but they often include posts of all premades in all neighborhoods and I'm interested specifically in Pleasantview and Sim State University as that's what I'm playing. I'm actually quite enjoying my first ever time playing the premades in 16 years thanks for asking!

I allowed ACR to randomize gender preference of anyone who didn't have one, and it made my Castor Nova gay, which really threw me for a loop seeing how many girls had crushes on him it got me thinking who I intend to pair everybody up with when the time comes. I let Heather Huffington woohoo with Martin Ruben despite them having negative chemistry in my game, but she fears getting engaged to him so I don't think they'll be a thing. I kind of like the idea of him and Jane Stacks anyways. Ty Bubbler fears being enemies with Sam Thomas so I was kind of like ohhh??? but she has 2 bolts for some dormie named Luke Sparks and none for Ty.

As for the main neighborhood of Pleasantview I've only played each family through the scripted events so far - so Don & Cassandra got married but I don't intend to keep them married. Dina and Mortimer married and I sort of like them together. And Daniel & Mary-Sue divorced but I once saw someone pair him with Nina Caliente and them being a surprisingly good couple despite both being romance sims. I'll also likely leave Dustin with Angela and Dirk with Lilith. And I do intend to pair Alexander and Lucy.

I also have Cyd Roseland in the neighborhood because I left the pets stealth hood so I'd have strays & adoptable pets. But he's the only non-Pleasantview/Sim State sim I have. I'd like to pair him with someone in the town as opposed to a townie, but I don't know who.

All that aside, why I'm posting is to ask who you typically pair together when you play Pleasantview & Sim State University? I haven't added any other subhoods and don't plan to.
Whether or not your parings will work for me depends on what their gender preference in my game is (seriously, Castor Nova gay? His name is literally Cassanova and he has a small army of women! ....Sort of realistic I guess )
I'm also not entirely against changing turn ons/offs since I know that they're all just randomized for the premades but if I don't have to I won't, I like having minimal influence.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 2:07 AM
In my frat, Ashley and Joshua are both gay and are crazy about each other. It's super cute and they are going to stay together even though Ashley is romance.

Jimmy Phoenix and Angela Pleasant had mad chemistry. She and Dustin were still together when she met Jimmy, but he didn't have a hope

Tiffany and Heather died in a house fire, and Brittany lives with fellow Tri Var sister Willa Burb (Lucy's baby sister), and is going to marry a Downtownie soon.

As for Cyd, he's married to Skipper Broke, the 3rd child (and first daughter) of Skip and Brandi.

My timing is weird because I haven't been playing all the dormies or bin Sims through, so while Jimmy and Angela are almost elders, Castor Nova is still in 2nd year university. He'll get his time to shine soon enough.
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Hiya! I'm sure there's tons of threads like this, in fact I've seen some but they often include posts of all premades in all neighborhoods and I'm interested specifically in Pleasantview and Sim State University as that's what I'm playing. I'm actually quite enjoying my first ever time playing the premades in 16 years thanks for asking!

I allowed ACR to randomize gender preference of anyone who didn't have one, and it made my Castor Nova gay, which really threw me for a loop seeing how many girls had crushes on him it got me thinking who I intend to pair everybody up with when the time comes. I let Heather Huffington woohoo with Martin Ruben despite them having negative chemistry in my game, but she fears getting engaged to him so I don't think they'll be a thing. I kind of like the idea of him and Jane Stacks anyways. Ty Bubbler fears being enemies with Sam Thomas so I was kind of like ohhh??? but she has 2 bolts for some dormie named Luke Sparks and none for Ty.

As for the main neighborhood of Pleasantview I've only played each family through the scripted events so far - so Don & Cassandra got married but I don't intend to keep them married. Dina and Mortimer married and I sort of like them together. And Daniel & Mary-Sue divorced but I once saw someone pair him with Nina Caliente and them being a surprisingly good couple despite both being romance sims. I'll also likely leave Dustin with Angela and Dirk with Lilith. And I do intend to pair Alexander and Lucy.

I also have Cyd Roseland in the neighborhood because I left the pets stealth hood so I'd have strays & adoptable pets. But he's the only non-Pleasantview/Sim State sim I have. I'd like to pair him with someone in the town as opposed to a townie, but I don't know who.

All that aside, why I'm posting is to ask who you typically pair together when you play Pleasantview & Sim State University? I haven't added any other subhoods and don't plan to.
Whether or not your parings will work for me depends on what their gender preference in my game is (seriously, Castor Nova gay? His name is literally Cassanova and he has a small army of women! ....Sort of realistic I guess )
I'm also not entirely against changing turn ons/offs since I know that they're all just randomized for the premades but if I don't have to I won't, I like having minimal influence.

I actually never thought of Castor Nova as bein related to Cassanova. To me it's more to do with science and the stars.
Quote: Originally posted by from Wikipedia
- A nova (plural novae or novas) is a transient astronomical event that causes the sudden appearance of a bright, apparently "new" star, that slowly fades over several weeks or many months
- 1) Castor (star), a star in the Gemini constellation. 2) Castor, one of the Dioscuri/Gemini twins Castor and Pollux in Greco-Roman mythology

I hadn't even looked it up till now, but upon lookin him up in the Sims Fandom Wiki it gives this info
Quote:
He's the cool guy of the fraternity and is often seen playing drums in the campus lounge. His name is a parody of the well known Italian author and adventurer Giacomo Casanova, this also matches the fact that almost all female students at Sim State have crushes on him.

I've not played w/ the SSU playables much to know who to match them with. When it comes to PV I've done many a things... I've had Cyd and Brandi get to gether. Had Brandi and Benjamin Long together. Had Darren Dreamer and Christy Stratton and another time it was Darren and Marylena Hamilton. Sometimes Don would win over Cassandra, but they never stayed together as she would invariably always end up catchin him cheating. I do like clearing (total memory wipe) or just breakin up the Pleasant twins and their boyfriends. Mostly as I feel it was forced and not true feelings so if they do find their way back together then that's ok, but most times they've hooked up w/ a townie.
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 4:28 AM
Agree about Castor--I never see him as a cassanova, especially since he's oblivious to all the girls who are in love with him. I see him as more interested in science & learning than girls.

Anyway, SSU pairings are a bit more fluid for me; not really the same each time around, if I get to graduating them at all. That said, I do like putting Dustin and Heather together. (I always break up the Pleasant twins and their boyfriends. I like the drama. I usually have them swap boyfriends for a while, too. ) Tiffany is great with either Joshua or Kevin, doesn't really matter who. It usually depends on who goes after who first since I have ACR. But Joshua and Kevin also make good partners for the Pleasant twins as well. Ashley has good chemistry with lots of sim girls, but being Romance he hardly ever wants to commit to anyone. I also let Heather hook up with Martin; otherwise I usually don't play the Bright household at all. I always feel like Martin would sleep with one of the most popular girls on campus if she was into him, but tbh, he is a bit of a jerk. He's never really all that interested in Heather. That relationship is definitely one sided, . Oh and Beau & Lucy are a good pair, too. I usually pair the two of them up if I don't make Beau marry a townie. I've paired him up with Meadow Thayer and Marsha Bruenig before and all are good matches. Actually, Meadow is great with any of the Broke boys.

For PV adults, Don is great with anyone, despite being Romance--though he does make a good Knowledge sim, too. If I don't make Cassandra leave him at the altar, I usually pair him with Dina. I really like the one playthrough I had with them together and he had the cutest alien kid, too. Nina and Gilbert Jacquet were a great pair in that hood, too--I'd keep that in mind if you add Bluewater. And speaking of Bluewater, Dirk and Melody have great chemistry, as do John and Florence, if you don't mind them breaking up with their SOs. Anyway, with Mortimer, I let him date the Calientes but he doesn't marry anyone again unless he knocks them up. I usually pair Brandi with a townie and leave Darren single if he doesn't end up with Cassandra, but I've heard Darren and Brandi make a good pair. I usually let Mary-Sue catch Daniel cheating and have Daniel leave her for Kaylynn.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 12:26 PM
Not really played Sim State properly, but in Crystal Lake Heather Huffington married a born in game sim, had three children and died. Castor Nova, Ashley Pitts, Kevin Beare, and Joshua Rubin died in a house fire. Jane Stacks and Allegra Gorey (?) became lesbian, because of the stupid cow mascot, and are in love with each other; still in college, not played them since. Martin Rubin died in a fire... Brittany Upsnott (?) and Tiffany Samson (?) are still living in the sorority, static, not played them really, either.

In my current Pleasantview:
▪Don is married to Cassandra. They had three daughters; a single birth and a set of twins.
▪Dina married Mortimer and is now widowed. She had a daughter with him.
▪Nina married Daniel after he became widowed. He and Mary-Sue had a smooth marriage before her passing. Mary-Sue and Daniel had an extra son. Nina and Daniel had an illegitimate son together, while he was still married.
▪Lucy and Beau got together, before she died in a fire with her father just before she entered college.
▪As mentioned, Jennifer is widowed and is yet to remarry. She had a son with John before he died.
▪Brandi and Darren got married. They had a son and a daughter.
▪Dustin and Angela got married. Angela is pregnant.
▪Dirk and Lilith got married. They had a son and are wanting another baby.
▪Oldies remained married before they died. Herb had a thing going on with Nina that Coral didn't know about, though. They adopted two children; a child female and a toddler male.
▪Alexander married Stella Terrano. They have a son.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 6:43 PM
CrystalFlame, why so many fire deaths?

I'm seeing that you guys do pair with townies quite often. I had planned to leave all townies alone for as long as possible since I have noregen so once my townie pool is empty that'll be that & idk how I'd feel about making new CAS sims to mix with the premades. Although, inevitably, somebody's gonna get with Goopy 'cause even I never having played premades before know he's something special.

I'm noticing there's a lot of romance sims, who don't necessarily need a partner actually. Although I like to imagine there's two sides to it - and maybe some of them actually do secretly really want a soulmate and not just to sleep around. I didn't read any sim bios (probably should) but in my head Ashley Pitts is like this. He's my current favorite sim for a number of reasons, mostly that my defaults made him quite attractive and he has a thing for painting in his underwear in the frat house's backyard.

Beau and Lucy is something I've thought about, since he's also a child now and Alexander is closer to being a teen. But I just feel like her and Alexander should be a thing but I'll have to wait and see.

As with Castor Nova, I do really like that he is a knowledge sim and is oblivious to all the women crushing on him. I think the fact that ACR made him gay for me compliments this quite well actually. He could be a good person to leave single to just do knowledge things, since I'm pretty sure the number of gay men in the town is 8 or less he may have a hard time finding anyone. Alien abduction, perhaps?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
CrystalFlame, why so many fire deaths?

Oh, don't worry! It's not something I do on purpose... the Frat House was on purpose, though. I wanted a haunted frat house, but didn't do anything with it. The rest were accidents.

Allegra couldn't cook to save her life, set the kitchen on fire, and poor Martin paid the price. Technically, he died of starvation; he was set on fire, he was extinguished in time, but he was in limbo of terrible needs. Hygiene, energy, hunger, fun, and social were low. I couldn't get him to the fridge in time...

John was also an awful cook. Burned himself and his daughter while Jennifer was at work. I was upset, but I welcome plot twists.

I'm glad to see you having fun with the premades, though. Make sure to keep a fire alarm; I never learn apparently.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 8:30 PM Last edited by sturlington : 25th Sep 2020 at 9:19 PM.
I have played Pleasantview a couple of times, and each time Darren and Kaylynn had very good chemistry. Like pining for each other, forbidden-love type chemistry. Darren was already married to Cassandra each time, but that could be interesting to play.

I got John Burb and Brandi Broke together once, and I think they make a great couple, particularly as grandparents. I am not a fan of Jennifer Burb (edited to fix). She and John always get divorced.

Dina and Don had a very happy marriage after she was widowed from Mortimer. They both became best friends with Cassandra.

I kind of abandoned my last save, but when I did Beau Broke was pairing up with Allegra Gorey, Alexander had broken up with Lucy and was with Melody Tinker, and Castor Nova was with Jane Stacks. I thought Castor and Jane were an interesting couple because he is the absentminded type who needs someone to take care of practical things for him and she's got a motherly air, but maybe she might feel taken for granted after a while. Angela/Dustin and Lilith/Dirk stayed together, but Dirk was having an affair with Angela.
Alchemist
#9 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 9:02 PM
I've mostly gone with the usual pairings. Dirk stayed with Lilith and Dustin with Angela. Cassandra married Don, then after Don screwed things up, Cassandra went to Darren, and Don went to Kaylynn. Nina had some time with Don, then she moved on to Daniel. The most unusual pairing I did was Brandi/Dina (not unusual as in weird, but just that I've never seen anyone else do it).
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The most unusual pairing I did was Brandi/Dina (not unusual as in weird, but just that I've never seen anyone else do it).

Nice! I like it.

I really love the randomizer for gay/bi/straight sims because it does make elements very different in people's games.

Mary-Sue was gay in my game - it explained SO MUCH of why she and Daniel were just not a good match at all. She was very happy once she met her new wife (a Downtownie (Ivy Butler according to Sim Fandom; Gretchen Asimov in my game).

Alexander is also gay, so pairing him with Lucy wasn't an option. Of course, she's a complete disaster in my game. She's been married twice. Her husband (a dormie) divorced her because she was too unreliable. Her wife (downtownie Celeste Midlock - called Beth Lowe) forgave her after she disappeared for 2 years when the dog died (she had another relationship with Phil Jitmakusol (tech AL townie) and gave birth to a daughter that Beth doesn't know about!!!). Meanwhile Alex is happily married to Jerry (Zack Sartor).

Brandi married townie Joe Carr. They were happy too. Neither Brandi nor Mary-Sue ever learned that Joe & Gretchen were having an affair the whole time.

Also, in my Pleasantview, Mortimer is an insane person. He murdered Bella when she wanted to leave him. He also murdered Don for abandoning Cassandra at the alter, and two teen townie boys who were friends with Alexander - presumably because he did not like that Alex is gay. This led to a lot of drama and poor Dina, who thought marrying rich would end all her troubles, ended up with never ending struggles. She survived Mortimer, and so far she's survived having 2 children also be insane like him (Viviane accidentally starved to death, but Lance is still out there gearing up to cause mayhem).

Cassandra and Darren were a very sad pairing. Darren was never successful in art; he completely lacked actual ambition. Cassandra was overwhelmed trying to be the primary (read ONLY) bread winner, and somehow still being more responsible for raising their 6 children. (The accidentally late-in-life triplets were really no help).

I've increased my gay odds to 15% and my bi odds to 15%, so 30 % of my population is into the same gender, and 85% is into the opposite gender. I've also been known to randomly make a sim playable and change their sexual preference to gay/bi so that my sims have enough options to find someone that suits them. Unless I want them to be unhappy.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 3:33 AM
I've put Heather with Kevin quite often. I've had Ashley and Brittany, as the two 'Greek Leaders', try to make a relationship work. Brittany overlooked a ton, let's just say, before she finally got done with Ashley and went for someone more committed. Because I normally play with an uberhood, a lot of my usual SSU relationships won't work out.
Jane is significantly older than the other SSU sims, so you might see if she and Cyd take a liking to each other. If you try to keep relative ages intact, she'll be a good deal older than any of the university knowledge or family sims she might favor.

I generally use the Greeks to network everyone together, going so far as to teleport all the non-Greek sims of the appropriate sex into a fraternity or sorority party at least once a semester to see if they'd like to pledge, and then it becomes easy to invite household on sims. Also, playing so many universities, I like to limit total houses, so they can live on campus in dorms or Greeks, and generally that's it. Married student housing is a possibility in some universities in my game, but not all of them.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 6:41 PM
Do not recommend Angela Pleasant and Kevin Beare. Their faces did not go together and the kids were hideous.