Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE tutorial on recatergorizing food?
I've never used SimPE before but from what I've read it's the way to go? I'd like to recatergorize some of my downloaded meals - my sims never want Kung Pao chicken for breakfast! I have a couple that need renaming too. Is there a tutorial somewhere that can talk me through it very slowly and clearly, as if trying to explain to a brain-damaged gerbil? I really struggle with this sort of thing!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:43 PM
There's a tutorial on how to disable food (i.e. make the Kung Pao chicken not show up in the breakfast menu) here: https://modthesims.info/t/581640 . I found it easy to understand, it gives clear step-by-step instructions.
Enabling it for different mealtimes works the same way as disabling them. This thread mentions how exactly to do it: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=222202 , but the first link is a lot more detailed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:57 PM Last edited by Pickles89 : 27th Sep 2020 at 6:09 PM.
You're a star!! Thanks so much!

I don't suppose you know if it's possible to change the sound effects accompanying an individual dish prep is there? I have 'Yoghurt with fresh fruits' that's cloned from the cereal and it makes the 'dry cereal' sound which grates on me - I feel it should be something sloppier. Can it be switched with the sound from another dish?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 6:03 PM
Oh, also, I have a couple of custom foods where the serving plates don't empty, and I'd love to sort them. Is that possible?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 1:07 PM
Okay, definitely make a backup of the food before you try this, because I've never done this. The second link lists a bunch of other stuff you can do with your food, including how to change preparation type:

Quote:
Preparation
The line in init bhav is like:
Quote:
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My [semi] attribute 0x0004 ("Prep Type") := Const 0x2002:0x04 (Value: 0x0004))

Constants:
0 - no preparation (i.e. TV dinner)
1 - pour (used by cereal)
2 - chop
3 - UNUSED - in base game, at least
4 - mix (in bowl)
5 - patty form (make cutlets for hamburger)
6 - UNUSED
7 - sandwich (put pieces)
8 - season (used by pork chops and salmon)
9 - stuff (used by turkey)
A - chop/mix (use food processor)
B - chop/season (no idea how it looks - found in code)
C - chop/stuff (used by lobster)
The fun part is that you can safely (seems so) change PrepType value. Useful when you want to make a food and there's no prototypes with suitable combination of prep/cook sequence.

So you could change the yoghurt's preparation type, maybe chopping the fruit or mixing in a bowl (only one type seems to be allowed). I have no idea how you'd get rid of the sound effect while keeping the pour cereal animation though. I'm sure it's possible, but no idea how. Same for the plates.