Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#276 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:06 PM
Hi sorry, hey regarding the mod to visit other sims I think that this damaged one will know some similar mod to be able to visit other sims? Please
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:38 AM
Hi, I read somewhere about T&A having an invisible pool jump in object of some sort that requires FT and has its own animations. Was that ever made available on its own and does anyone have it?

Also sorry if this is not a good place to ask, but I was wondering if other stuff from BAS has been archived anywhere? (not just Chris's stuff, but would be nice to know where to get his adult stuff too)

Just a lurker lurking through... mostly.

Sometimes I'm more interested in Sims than others, so I tend to disappear and reappear at random.
Forum Resident
#278 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by humming-fli
Hi, I read somewhere about T&A having an invisible pool jump in object of some sort that requires FT and has its own animations. Was that ever made available on its own and does anyone have it?

Also sorry if this is not a good place to ask, but I was wondering if other stuff from BAS has been archived anywhere? (not just Chris's stuff, but would be nice to know where to get his adult stuff too)

I grabbed all of Vanity DeMise's and Pierre NC's stuff (as well as some other things) from there before they shut down if you're looking for those. I think GOS has most of Vanity's and maybe Snarf's as well. Anything in particular you're looking for?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
#279 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 5:54 AM
@HobbesED Thanks, I was more looking for a general dump of stuff to scrounge through to see if I wanted anything. I hadn't visited the site for years (long hiatus from TS2), but recalled I used to have a fair amount of things from there and I came across this thread while looking for it. I most probably still have my old CC on a HDD somewhere so I might be able to dig it up again, but that's probably only up to around 2014 so anything newer than that I definitely don't have. I can mostly recall Chris's stuff and Jokerswild's animations, I think BobbyTH was also a creator there? Also, I'm sure BAS had a family friendly site of some sort, or am I remembering wrong?

Sometimes I'm more interested in Sims than others, so I tend to disappear and reappear at random.
Forum Resident
#280 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by humming-fli
@HobbesED Thanks, I was more looking for a general dump of stuff to scrounge through to see if I wanted anything. I hadn't visited the site for years (long hiatus from TS2), but recalled I used to have a fair amount of things from there and I came across this thread while looking for it. I most probably still have my old CC on a HDD somewhere so I might be able to dig it up again, but that's probably only up to around 2014 so anything newer than that I definitely don't have. I can mostly recall Chris's stuff and Jokerswild's animations, I think BobbyTH was also a creator there? Also, I'm sure BAS had a family friendly site of some sort, or am I remembering wrong?

There was briefly a family-friendly sister site, but it didn't last long. I don't know why but the owner scrapped it after a short time and many of the downloads went back to the BAS main site. I have a few additional things I snagged before the end from MamaSimK, Tamey and KitKat2010. JulieJ was a major creator at BAS as well. She has her own Tumblr and Wordpress sites and has resurrected much of her BAS efforts as well as creating new things on those.

I don't know of any massive BAS dump of items and since I believe you had to have an account there even to see downloads the times I've looked at archives or the Wayback machine, I didn't find anything of consequence there either. But that doesn't mean that someone didn't do a massive dump of things. Towards the end there was A LOT of downloading going on since the owner stated in advance the date when he was pulling the plug on the site.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Instructor
#281 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 4:35 PM
Some of the items were uploaded to Sims 2 Packrat
SFS Link as I can't find the page at that tumblr at the moment.
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Julie J
Some of the items were uploaded to Sims 2 Packrat
SFS Link as I can't find the page at that tumblr at the moment.

Thanks a lot, that is helpful!

Also another thing I thought of that I don't see in this thread or in the archive there, but I think A&N and T&A had a subway system using a converted TS3 Subway entrance to travel. I see that the community buses were made available standalone but I was wondering if the subway system was too?

Field Researcher
#283 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 4:00 AM
Thank you for doing this! I was starting to think I was never going to find the Visit Other Sims Mod!

I remember he also had a retirement home mod, that added a birdbath object which when placed on an apartment lot, makes it for elders only and has visiting hours etc. Does anyone know where this could be found?

Also, I'd like to be able to drive and take a taxi to other sims houses as well as walk. However, the taxi and car versions of the visit sims mod have a lot of conflicts whereas the one to walk has none. I'd also rather only have the option to visit sim, not visit lot. Does anyone know how I can edit one or both of these packages so either the visit lot part of the mod is removed entirely (and therefore conflicts removed), or at least tweak it/them so that it only adds residentials to the menu rather than the hobby lots and magic world etc as well?
Field Researcher
#284 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 5:24 PM Last edited by jotaerre : 22nd Jun 2020 at 6:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Yes, it does. I edited and pasted all the URL's. It should work fine, now. If it doesn't, of course, PLEASE let me know.

thanks.

Sorry for saying this, but it still point to a login page. :'(

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
Sorry for saying this, but it still point to a login page. :'(

The individual links under "URLS" will take you to the individual downloads, the profile link won't work.

Lab Assistant
#286 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 5:00 PM
@Chris Hatch
Got a question about the hospital mod. Can I use the Visitor Controller to ban vacation locals from visiting as patients?
Scholar
#287 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 3:13 PM
I don't know because I don't use Visitor Controller so I have no idea if or how it can handle the hospital lot zoning, however if you do use both make sure to use the updated Hospital file (CJH_Hospitals(Pets+).zip) from the Globe (TheGlobe-Intructions.zip) as that is the only version that may be compatible with Visitor Controller.
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 5:02 PM
Yeah, I got that one.
So I made a backup and just tried it. Didn't work, they still appeared. Is there a way to do it? My vacation locals are just too exotic looking for my ordinary town hospital.
Test Subject
#289 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 6:48 AM
@Chris Hatch would you still look into the curtains? I have no problem with them being defaults. Would actually prefer that. Anything though.. I kind of have a thing with open curtains at night so my decorating is kind of limited sometimes. I use simlogicals stuff but would love some other options! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 4:19 PM
@Chris Hatch I have a problem with ghosts and I think it's caused by Tombstone Upgrade (I use light version). Whenever one of cowplant ghosts tries to tease cowplant, I get this error. It doesn't matter if I use Cyjon's Less Cowplant Obsession or not, this error occures anyway.
Scholar
#291 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 1:21 PM
I've tried fixing the problem but the error requires a specific set of circumstances that I'm not likely to be able to reproduce any time soon so the fix is un-tested.
Tombstones.zip (91.5 kB)
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 2:08 PM
Thank you, it works correctly now.
Forum Resident
#293 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 4:10 PM
@ChrisHatch

Is your subway mod still available somewhere? I can't seem to find your content on Mambacity anymore - I'm hoping you're still uploading somewhere though!

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
@ChrisHatch

Is your subway mod still available somewhere? I can't seem to find your content on Mambacity anymore - I'm hoping you're still uploading somewhere though!

Thank you!

The file he shared up there has links to a lot of his mods. This one:
TheGlobe-Intructions.zip
I don't know if there's a more updated version somewhere else, but the subway is here.
Note: it's a .mht file, I could only open it correctly with Internet Explorer, otherwise it was missing the images.
Test Subject
#295 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 6:29 PM
So for install instructions (copied from the original site) for A&N, go here https://clarkcorrina.wixsite.com/si...-by-chris-hatch. Also this site hosts T&A if anyone is interested as well. Super SUPER useful.
Field Researcher
#296 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 7:38 PM Last edited by BellaDovah : 17th Oct 2020 at 11:39 PM.
Can anyone tell me how to use / where to find the Turn Ons/Offs adjuster to add more than 2 Turn Ons and 1 Turn Off? Thanks

Edit: I mean IN-GAME (I know where to find the download link)
Scholar
#297 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabby2805
Can anyone tell me how to use / where to find the Turn Ons/Offs adjuster to add more than 2 Turn Ons and 1 Turn Off? Thanks

Go to the first page of this post and the link is right there.
Field Researcher
#298 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 11:31 PM Last edited by BellaDovah : 18th Oct 2020 at 12:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Go to the first page of this post and the link is right there.

I don't mean the download link lol, I got that, should have made that clearer. I mean in game, how do you actually use the mod and add more turn ons & offs to a sim in game?

Edit: I finally found it. I had looked through my catalogue so many times and not seen it I was starting to wonder if it was even an item at all. I then eventually thought of opening it up with SimPE and that made it clear. It's an item called 'The Matt Sphere' Under Decorations > Sculptures for $88.
Mad Poster
#299 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 6:30 PM
Is there any reason I shouldn't just leave neighborhoodagecorrect in my downloads folder? In case I get the urge to attach another premade hood as a business district or something mid play? It's gonna make a popup on each house, but that's not nearly as big a deal to me as having to exit, put it in, then reload.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#300 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 5:01 AM
Anyone know anything about compatibility between apthack and CJH-UniApartments? A couple months ago I wrote a note saying "Delete Claim Suite BHAVs to make compatible with apthack" and I did that to my CJH file. But now I can't fine where I found that advice, why I did that, and what exactly it does.
Page 12 of 13