Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 4:52 PM
Default Will you be playing the Sims 2 in 2070?
I know I will. I will play it as long as my computer/any other computer I have bought, can handle it.
Yeah I know, it will probably be harder and harder to play the game, since many people have problems with the Sims 2 and Windows 10.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 5:10 PM
I'll be 109 by then, so I expect even if I have a computer that runs it the nursing home staff will try to control how much time I spend on it. Busybodies!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 5:33 PM
I'd like to think EA will come out with a sequel that will top TS2 by then, which is probably over-optimistic.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 5:49 PM
If I still know what a computer is, and still have one that can run TS2, then maybe. I think it's more likely I'll be using a computer at that age than knitting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If I still know what a computer is, and still have one that can run TS2, then maybe. I think it's more likely I'll be using a computer than knitting...

Why only ''maybe''?
If I am allowed to ask.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 6:43 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 21st Jul 2020 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typo - probably caused by senility
I'd love to, but I think it highly unlikely. . .I'd be a hundred and nineteen then.

I'm afraid the Grim Reaper will have called me home long, long before then.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 6:49 PM
Personally I'd like to think some game will come out that will top the sims 2, just like the older 90s/20s games for the most part have a newer game that tops them. If not that then hopefully ea will sell the sims 2 to a company so they can remake it totally. And who knows by then my vision might be so bad I can't see the texts anymore or my hands won't work the same. But yea I will play the game if I'm still able to0, it's still fun to play, and no remakes or anything.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 7:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Jul 2020 at 9:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Why only ''maybe''?
If I am allowed to ask.

Because I'll be eighty-something. I don't know if I'm still interested in Sims at that age. We're talking 50 years into the future, and I'm not psychic, nor do I have a time machine (one could come in handy, though - could probably need one for sorting out compatibility issues if I still want to play TS2, because I bet those will be a pain in 50 years' time)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 8:28 PM
No. No way. How many of us are still playing Pong now? It isn't even 50 years old (created in 1972) and a few years later was really the first video game that the masses could enjoy, albeit with a separate box and controllers which attached to the TV set through the UHF input.

So in my opinion, 50 years from now Sims2 won't be around except as an obscure entry on whatever replaces Wikipedia. As rapidly as computers and digital technology changes, games will be more of the Star Trek Next Generation's holodeck type and be fully immersive.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#10 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 8:33 PM
I doubt computers can still run it by then so my best bet would be "no". Surely technology will advance quite a bit in 50 years and the likeness that it'll support already old game by then is very slim. ....But pretending that miraculously it still worked and Corona or something worse hasn't wiped us all out, I don't see why I wouldn't play it, my fun with it is mostly creating custom content and that likely will last for years to come so if my hands and eyes still work that old and the game works I might just well be still making CC as an old grandma. But honestly and logically thinking most likely that won't be the case, not because I wouldn't want to keep playing but because technology.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 9:08 PM
I don' think so, on first place because its almost sure I will not be here and if I'm here I'll be 106, possibly without energy or courage to run it.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 10:21 PM
I'll be 72 and my grandkids will have their own neighborhoods in my game. Or one to share if I have a lot of them. That is if I can ever get the thing running again in the present.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 11:02 PM
I'll be ninety, and I likely will if I have a machine that will run it, and I haven't gotten something that hits the same needs that this game does.

We've been getting hit with Apple scam calls lately. If it were a person and not a recording I would totally take them for a ride, because we actually have a working Apple IIe . . . that I learned to type on, sitting around here somewhere. I mean, it's not plugged in, but it worked the last time it worked.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 11:18 PM
I would be 104, I highly doubt I will be here. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 11:25 PM
If there will be cure from aging, and all people will live over 100 years then most likely I will play it. I have tendency to collect old working computers, I have working Pentium 166MMX with The Sims on it. Only base game and low settings but working.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 12:40 AM
I'll be long gone from this world before 2070 comes. Very long gone.........
Alchemist
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 3:09 AM
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 3:37 AM
Highly unlikely. I'm 65 now and that is beyond the scope of human longevity-115. Besides by then it'll be a very miserable world to live in...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 3:41 AM
No. I'll be dead by then.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 4:15 AM
Longevity is not a feature of my family, so no, I will not be. Besides which, technically I doubt it would be possible . Some sort of immersive Sims 16 or Paralives 4 would be around for people who wouldn't understand anything simpler.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
If there's a heaven, I'll be playing it.

I wish my Sims could be with me in heaven. Some of them are much better people than I am.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 6:41 AM
at 74 it'll be more likely that I'll be playing than others who have responded.
I imagine it'll be a more VR integrated version then, backcompatable to even the most ancient art form, games certainly included.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 7:10 AM
I'd most likely still be playing it if there was a way of playing it though it would've moved though a number of sysyems over that time and some branches of my family on both sides have been known to live longer lives.I've been not aging quite normally so I'll likley still look like a kid or teen even then.I'll also likely live on my own rural acreage and still be raising some of my youngest kids and might even still be having babies.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 7:54 AM
When Windows is 128-bit or whatever... I might not still have a PC that'll be able to run The Sims 2.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#25 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Simonut : 22nd Jul 2020 at 10:22 PM.
Well if it's God will for me to be around that long then if I still have an computer and a sound mind, I'll still play the Sims if I can still move my finger on the mouse.
That why I am here in my rocking chair knitting it's a way to exercise my fingers and keep my mind sound.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 1 of 2