Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modern Toilet/Sink Combo

by K9DB Posted 27th Jan 2020 at 12:39 AM - Updated 15th Feb 2020 at 5:06 PM by K9DB

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 2:55 AM
Sadly your toilet/sink combos lack one essential item.... a safety net to catch the soap in case my sims drop it into the toilet.

But seriously, I really love these combos.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 3:03 AM
Thank you very much for creating this fusion between these two elements, it will be perfect for the small house that I plan to build.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 7:20 PM
This is such a fantastic idea! Especially for the Tiny Homes, or even for a little 1x2 Toilet!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deathrolla
Sadly your toilet/sink combos lack one essential item.... a safety net to catch the soap in case my sims drop it into the toilet.

But seriously, I really love these combos.

LOL!! Ooo...good point..."for best results use a soap dispenser and make sure it is secured to your sink, we recommend a large amount of superglue" :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 8:20 AM
Thanks! This is really cool!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
Hi @arturchromicz and @VMScofield , I tried out the Tiny Living toilet, but it has such a small tank and the toilet seat cover is so far back that I can’t attach a sink to it. I’m going to try one more thing though, which is to attach a base game sink to the wall behind the toilet, but I can’t promise that I can make it work.
I’m trying to pair the TL sink with another toilet right now too. So those will be my next combos hopefully…wish me luck!

Oh ok, still a good mod though!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 6:24 PM
This is amazing!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#33 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 10:28 PM
I just luv what you did here. Awesome toilet combo mods. Thank you so much for coming up with this idea when actually EA/MAXIS should have come up with something like this in the first place. FYI, these kind of combos do really exist in ASIA’ Land and parts of Europe
Test Subject
#34 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 11:49 PM
What are some reasons this wouldn't show up in my game? I have Get to Work. I removed all other mods and cc to check. I repaired my game. There are no zipped folders and it is straight in my "mods" folder.
Instructor
#35 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 8:26 AM
@K9DB, I wished that you had not deleted the S 4 S Merged Package Manifest file from all your merged packages. Since I merge all my unmerged files by categories, it's not good to include already merged files, and since you deleted the S 4 S Merged Package Manifest file, it's not possible to unmerge your packages with Sims 4 Studio nor can you easily delete unwanted swatches. The file S 4 S Merged Package Manifest file is needed in order to unmerge a merged package. It would be nice if you could provide the toilet/combo and school project solar lamp packages in an unmerged version. My tip for your next merged files, don't delete the S 4 S Merged Package Manifest file since it's not recommended.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 12:46 PM Last edited by K9DB : 1st Feb 2020 at 1:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
@K9DB, I wished that you had not deleted the S 4 S Merged Package Manifest file from all your merged packages. Since I merge all my unmerged files by categories, it's not good to include already merged files, and since you deleted the S 4 S Merged Package Manifest file, it's not possible to unmerge your packages with Sims 4 Studio nor can you easily delete unwanted swatches. The file S 4 S Merged Package Manifest file is needed in order to unmerge a merged package. It would be nice if you could provide the toilet/combo and school project solar lamp packages in an unmerged version. My tip for your next merged files, don't delete the S 4 S Merged Package Manifest file since it's not recommended.

I deleted what now? But I didn’t delete anything? I saw the “unmerge” thing in S4S and thought, yay, now I don’t have to post them aaall individually....awww maaaaan
Something must have gone wrong...I do always use S4PE to merge, so maybe it automatically deletes it...or doesn’t create such a file? I had no idea that file even existed.

Thanks for letting me know!
I’ll have to look into it, sorry about that
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 4:07 PM
This is the kind of thing I wish they had included with Tiny Living! This combo is so awesome, thank you for doing it, K9DB. Would you consider some other types of combos? Like say, toilet/shower if that would be possible?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pearlbh
This is the kind of thing I wish they had included with Tiny Living! This combo is so awesome, thank you for doing it, K9DB. Would you consider some other types of combos? Like say, toilet/shower if that would be possible?

Thanks pearlbh! You can do it with the shower from Discover University
Instructor
#39 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 4:36 PM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 1st Feb 2020 at 4:48 PM.
I deleted what now? But I didn’t delete anything? I saw the “unmerge” thing in S4S and thought, yay, now I don’t have to post them aaall individually....awww maaaaan
Something must have gone wrong...I do always use S4PE to merge, so maybe it automatically deletes it...or doesn’t create such a file? I had no idea that file even existed.

Thanks for letting me know!
I’ll have to look into it, sorry about that

You fixed it with the school project, just do the same with the toilet combos. Thanks a lot for for the understanding and extra work. I really do very much appreciate it.
If packages are not merged with Studio, it is impossible to unmerge it with Studio because Studio needs the S 4 S Merged Package Manifest file which it creates whn merging packages. It only gets it when you merge the files with Studio. Hope that helps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 6:33 PM
I thought they would have brought back the all in one shower, toilet, hygiene repairing unit they had in Sims 3 for this tiny living expansion. Thank you for creating this excellent option!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CEERMOM2003
I thought they would have brought back the all in one shower, toilet, hygiene repairing unit they had in Sims 3 for this tiny living expansion. Thank you for creating this excellent option!

Ooooh! I totally forgot about that object! Wow, yes, that would have been so handy. You can add this one to the Discover University shower...although it looks a little weird...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leonaestep2000
What are some reasons this wouldn't show up in my game? I have Get to Work. I removed all other mods and cc to check. I repaired my game. There are no zipped folders and it is straight in my "mods" folder.

Did you get it to work? Try re-downloading and maybe deleting your mods folder and have the game create a new one?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 12:24 AM
Cool
Instructor
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 11:16 AM
@K9DB - You did it! GREAT! I'd did sent you the GTW toilet file with all swatches incl. the rig/slot resources since you had trouble with it, but I guess you don't need it anymore
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 6:20 AM
Did you get it to work? Try re-downloading and maybe deleting your mods folder and have the game create a new one?

I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work. Not sure what the issue is.
Instructor
#46 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leonaestep2000

Did you try to download the new sepatated files yet? if not download the 3 new files, delete the old merged one. Make sure to unzip the files and put the unzipped .package files into you mods folder and try again. It works for others, so it should work for you too if you have GTW and the latest game patch.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#47 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 9:10 PM
Just tried this out, thanks once again!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#48 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Did you try to download the new sepatated files yet? if not download the 3 new files, delete the old merged one. Make sure to unzip the files and put the unzipped .package files into you mods folder and try again. It works for others, so it should work for you too if you have GTW and the latest game patch.

Thanks LuvMySimz , yup! Try that. Make sure you've unzipped it to
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 9:03 PM
I just came back to this after posting in the shower/toddler tub one, since I realized I haven't properly thanked you in a post for this yet.
This might appear a bit outlandish, but really, this is SUCH a huge game changer for me. This made things so, SO much easier. This goes beyond tiny-living, it's specially useful for stores and etc you might have, but honestly, I basically use it in most lots I have.

One of my gripes with EA is "why do they have to make things so obtrusively big?? (Why??)". I mean, since the very beginning. Look at that huge observatory thing. What's wrong with a small, perhaps even portable telescope? One that say, you could have in a balcony or your kid's room? No. everything they have to do has to be big. That's why I'm always on the hunt for smaller things, always. (said telescope, the now dead notebook, Esmeraldas' smaller cupcake machine etc)
If you're like me, and end up with almost every sim learning all skills avaiable, then space is ALWAYS a problem. You end with so much stuff from all the different hobbies avaiable. Thus I found the tiny living idea incredible but...
It always seems like EA is leaving out important, needed things.

And this combo was one of them. This is such a HUGE asset. Now 2 grid complete bathrooms are possible. This is such an improvement. Ever tried playing in a house with 8+ sims? It always seems to me that when someone needs to use the bathroom, then suddenly everyone needs it at the same time (really).
Thanks a lot. I'm not exaggerating. this is in almost of my lots now. From tiny homes, to ships, to community lots and business, from employees area/owner's living quarters to even customer's stalls... cause I mean what even was that stall from uni? I can make a smaller and complete bathroom now!
Test Subject
#50 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 9:28 PM
Ooooh! I totally forgot about that object! Wow, yes, that would have been so handy. You can add this one to the Discover University shower...although it looks a little weird...

Just to add, that's how I manage the 2 tiles bathroom. (sadly) you need 2 tiles anyways. You can't just put the combo closed in a 1 tile room as sims's won't be able to use it (like say, one of those chemical toilets).
So you'll have to make it 2 tiles. I was using MOO so I don't know if you can do without it, but... With it you can put the door, then the uni shower on the side wall of the first tile, and the toiled/sink combo on the 2nd. It's fully usable/functional. Didn't get any route errors. (And was such a huge help in the lot I was modifying to use. Freed the space to a much needed couch I forgot).

Quote: Originally posted by CEERMOM2003

But yes, I have been missing this one SO much. Specially one that can just be put outdoors, is one tile and that's it. I was hoping the one from the Careers (Get to Work?) expansion would be like this. Even ressurrected it for a tiny home farm (so they wouldn't have to run all the way back home from gardening but...) I'm not sure how it works. I think when my sim autonomously used it she used it as a toilet... But then when I tried to direct her to use it I think there was only shower/higiene options. So I don't know.
I even considered getting the mod that lets you relieve the bladder in the shower (letting ppl know it here in case they don't know it and it's of use for someone). But I only wanted it for that specific ultra technological shower... So I got a bit of "eehhh" feeling and dropped the idea. Seemed a bit like that youtuber who was considering foregoing the bathroom for the micro house and putting that get together toilet/shrub outside It felt like too much

But I miss it. I think these ultra higiene facilities have been around since Sims 1? or was it 2? Though it might have been a mod? back in sims 1? (did they exist??), I don't remember.
But really, it comes with the science career. It so could have been a do it all thing. Like a "take care of me", Jetson super bathroom facility. Specially since the flavour/text seems to say it's to decontaminate or something. And I have been using in in science (hello chemicals), astronaut (hello aliens), and even conservationists (hello decompressions and perhaps bacterya) lots.
Page 2 of 3