Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 9:46 AM Last edited by Lodakai : 27th Jul 2021 at 3:10 PM.
Default Strangerville Strangers in Cottageworld.
Ok... I'm at my whit's end. I've gone and extracted all the cottageworld XML files and reviewed all the situationjobs
They all have the Keep_Strangeville_Npcs_In_Strangerville reference filter... even the foxes are flagged with that!
So why the heck are the Roswells traipsing around my cottageworld city center, shmoozing with the crumplebottoms!

I must say though.. this is probably the best pack they've ever done IMHO.
BUT... the walkbys.... my god the walkbys. THIS IS supposed to be a rural quiet area! Stop swimming, picknicking, mind erasing, and marching along my front lawn!
GO BACK TO THE CITY you dang cityfolk! We don't like strangers here! Rassafrassingrah!

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 10:43 PM
Not sure I understand. Roswells are not NPCs, they are a pre-made family.
You can play with them and they will show up in other worlds just like Goths, Landgraabs, or any family you create yourself.

Pretty sure this filter means NPCs like military personnel or conspiracy theorists that should stay put in Strangerville only.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
Not sure I understand. Roswells are not NPCs, they are a pre-made family.
You can play with them and they will show up in other worlds just like Goths, Landgraabs, or any family you create yourself.

Pretty sure this filter means NPCs like military personnel or conspiracy theorists that should stay put in Strangerville only.

Well that explains it. They're in cahoots with the government to urbanize my lovely farmland. Dagnabbit, where's my freezegun?

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 3:39 PM
I got one of the crazed Sims delivering my bag of food in Windenberg too. She was walking ok until the dog barked at her!
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I got one of the crazed Sims delivering my bag of food in Windenberg too. She was walking ok until the dog barked at her!

Dog hates the crazies.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 8:13 PM
Isn't there a recent mod out there that keeps NPCs in their own neighborhood? Or am I forgetting?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 11:28 PM