Replies: 4360 (Who?), Viewed: 143974 times.
Page 175 of 175
Mad Poster
#4351 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 6:15 PM
I didn't get sleep all night. It was like those cartoons where sleep eludes the protagonist. No matter how I tried, sleep wouldn't come.

It wasn't until between 8:30AM~11:30AM I was able to get sleep. I eventually woke up just in time to bring groceries in.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#4352 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 9:38 AM
I'm okay. Yesterday I had a wonderful day on a little mountain near my home, the cable cars and the tram were being tested, ready for things to open back up again properly. We had a hot dog (a real "what meat is this?" sausage, not just a normal pork sausage that I hate!) and a hot chocolate and Ivy played on the playground. They set a date for my ultrasound, its 2 days before my birthday so now I'm trying to arrange to see my family on my birthday so I can tell them the news :D

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4353 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:07 AM
I'm allergic to something on my bed. I have no idea what it is, but I'm over my asthma being triggered by it.  This has been going on for months;  I'd rather just sleep on the floor.

I had a dream where my house was on a hill. Across the street was a cliff that didn't have a guardrail.  As I was checking the mail, a person that was driving by waved to me, then proceeded to drive off the cliff.    My house doesn't sit on a hill, I did not recognize the person that drove off the cliff and the last thing I remember from that dream is calling 911.

The person I buy most of my plants from chopped up her Philodendron Pink Princess so she could sell it.  It has taken a couple of years to get enough cuttings to propagate to meet the demand for this plant, but I don't understand the hype surrounding this plant.  Sure, the leaves have pink variegation, but the variegation is not stable, so in order to keep the pink, this plant needs be to continually chopped up and propagated because if a person doesn't do this, the plant loses all the pink variegation and the pink princess turns into the brown princess.

Then there is the growing pattern of this plant. It is leggy and gangly.  Most non-vine Philodendrons have shape, the Pink Princess doesn't.  It just grows in whatever awkward way it wants, then because they have to be chopped and hacked, they just get uglier with time.

I'm not throwing shade at the person that sells me plants; she has a business and there is demand for this plant.  Some of the plants I've purchased from her came from her personal collection and I love them such as my Philodendron Brasil, so there is no issue with that. I just don't understand why people want a Philodendron Pink Princess. Maybe some day when they are no longer trendy and it is figured out how to keep the variegation stable, I'll buy one when it is $20.00 for a full plant, but for the time being, I'll pass.  I don't have to jump through all the hoops with my Pink Syngonium.  The pink variegation is stable and if I don't like the vines that it creates, I can cut them off, propagate them and have more pink plants.
Mad Poster
#4354 Old 1st May 2021 at 12:47 AM
Burnt out. Playing "Entry of the Gladiators" (aka the Circus Clown Music) in my brain on a loop.

I can only hope that the new month is more satisfying than they're making out to be. I have a surgery for fillings because I still have those British teeth and I can confirm that my father and 5 of his 7 siblings needed orthodontia of various types.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4355 Old 1st May 2021 at 12:05 PM
I don't use the phrase 'crackhead' very often, but it has been a crackhead party lately. I'm over it.

I mentioned that there was a 'debate' between my doctor and I over a tetanus shot recently. He told me they were going to charge me $250.00 because "they're not covered" Yeah no. I looked it up yesterday while looking up something else. Tetanus shots are covered, there isn't even a co-pay for one.

The crackhead crap doesn't end with me.  The Boy has been having problems with his prescriptions. Instead of just jumping in and dealing with it for him, I've been guiding him through the process as this is something he needs to learn how to do.  Almost a month and half later, the situation wasn't improving, nothing was being fixed and everybody was running him around in circles. I stepped in.

Long story short, the crackheads from the doctors office were writing his prescriptions wrong.  One was being written to be filled every 18 days instead of for a 90-day supply. It is for a rescue inhaler. There is no reason for them only allowing this type of med to go out the door every 18 days.  The other prescription which is also a asthma med, they wrote the script so that he would have to purchase 12 inhalers all at once.  Most of these inhalers would expire by the time he got through them all.

The insurance company cleared these scripts for 90-day refills when they were sent in.  The crackheads at the insurance company seemed to lack the ability to explain the 'problem' to The Boy.  CVS was also part of the crackhead party as they should have questioned WTF was going on in the first place.  My insurance company is partnered with CVS.  

My doctors office, the insurance company and CVS all have things called telephones, fax machines, ect...   They do not lack the ability to communicate with each other. They are not required to send messages via carrier pigeon or use smoke signals. There is no excuse for any of this bullshit that has gone on for almost 2 months.

Can't talk about crackheads without mentioning Amazon.

They once again were caught leaving packages outside of the post office. I called them about this a couple of weeks ago. I was told that they wouldn't do this anymore.  If I had a nickle for every time they've told me this, I'd be up to around fifty cents at this point.

When I decided to change the plant light set up in my office, Amazon assured me that everything would be delivered all at once, cool.  It would be on more thing to knock off the proverbial To-Do list. Yeah no. They delivered part of it, the other was supposed to be delivered the same day, but that hasn't even been shipped yet.

I tried ordering a toaster. I finally found a company that makes them that doesn't cause house fires, melt or is broken out of the box.  I ordered one, paid for it, then checked when to see when that was supposed to arrive.  Amazon decided that they were going to sell me a used toaster at full price.  I know this because after the the description for said toaster, it said "RENEW".  NOPE!  They already sold me a used humidifier for full price, they're not doing this again, so I cancelled the order.  We can continue to deal with the broken toaster they sent up a couple of months ago.  The lever won't stay down, so it has to be held if anybody wants toast. Yet another problem with toasters made in China.  Apparently there is no US companies interested in making toasters within our own borders.

I've come to the conclusion that these people think I'm a blooming fucking idiot as there is no reason for this nonsense otherwise.  They pull their pull crap, get bent when I call them out and yet it always ends up being a rinse, wash and repeat, repeat, repeat...situation.

My pets and plants don't pull this shit with me.  If there is ever any doubt about why I can go from posts talking about crackheads to being chill while talking about about my pets or plants, the previous sentence sums it up. Also, I may not be able to claim that I rarely say "crackhead" much longer either, as it so fitting this stuff.  People spend all of their time thumping their chests about going to college, having degrees, blah,blah,blah and yet assholes can't figure out a 90-day prescription or not to leave packages in front of a closed business.  So frickin' smart....
Mad Poster
#4356 Old 2nd May 2021 at 12:02 AM
Received beauty products like makeup and hair, soda syrup and a coin purse which, although cute, my parents derided it as an "old man purse".

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4357 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:42 AM
Where oh where, oh where do lost packages go,

Where oh where, oh where could they be....

Amazon lost the lighting kit stuff I mentioned in my last post.  Amazon is the one that was supposed to deliver it, so I'm throwing them under the bus for it. I realize that doing so doesn't matter because they give zero fugs, but I'm doing it it anyway. 

Now I get to wait for my refund to show up, then order the same stuff all over again.  I know Way Fair sells some lighting stuff, I'll see what I can find on there.
Mad Poster
#4358 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:18 PM
Made a withdrawal to pay the RUB and then a deposit to buffer my bank account at the bank.

Personally, I kept track of purchases and deposits\withdrawals

Scholar
#4359 Old 4th May 2021 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 5th May 2021 at 12:40 AM.
Feeling irritated today.

Me at work (very busy and trying to get stuff done for a deadline)
Colleague: "Hi Dizzy-noodles, can you e-mail so and so, and ask them...."
Colleague 2: "Hi Dizzy-noodles, can you e-mail so and so, and ask them...."
Colleague 3: "Hi Dizzy-noodles, can you e-mail so and so, and ask them...."

Me, in my head: "....Are your keyboards broken or something...?!"

grrr!

Edited to add:
Also I get more obsessive if I'm stressed, so tonight:
Brain: "Hey remember all those months you've spent finding, making and tweaking your default replacement and CC hairs?"
Me: "Yeah, phew, lots of hard work!"
Brain: "Why don't you find every pookleted version ever made of each one of those hairs, and download them all, so you can compare them and make sure you have the absolute best version there is - for every.single.hair."
Me: "But I have pookleted versions of each one in my favourite colours, I'm happy with them."
Brain: "Are you really though?"
Me: ".........."
Brain: "............"
Me: "............well........ok.......just 5 minutes can't hurt......."
Mad Poster
#4360 Old 5th May 2021 at 8:35 PM
Cleaned out my purse and used clear vinyl bags for sorting items. Found my missing house key. Currently sorting items in my bathroom by application.

Mad Poster
#4361 Old Today at 7:59 PM
Had 11 vials of blood extracted from me.
Revived myself with convenience store food.
(Weird item in Wawa: Moon Cheese. "I don't know, lad, it's like no cheese I've ever tasted" W&G reference)
Went grocery shopping.
Went home and relaxed after the ordeal (to get me able to produce blood on the inside of my elbow, it required tying it off, applying a head heater for newborn babies and then poking and drawing.

Page 175 of 175