Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 176 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2021 at 2:29 AM Last edited by fukasetrash : 9th May 2021 at 9:30 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Issues with stray pets
Operating system: windows 10 home 64 bit
Processor: intel core i7-10700F
Graphics card: nvidia geforce gtx 1660 Ti
Ram: 14 gb

I am really annoyed. I can't play the sims 3 for a day without encountering some sort of bug... Basically this is what is happening: At first I noticed that stray pets were never spawning, so I used nraas debug to increase stray spawn rates. They started spawning, but cats literally vanish a few minutes after they appear and when I try to interact with dogs the interaction gets cancelled. I removed all my mods except for the ones I can't live without, I found a stray and managed to get it's relationship to bff, but there is no option to adopt it. It may have been adopted to someone else bc of story progression, but if that's the case, then the disappearing strays issue is probably still occuring. It only happens with stray cats and dogs, not horses or adopted animals. Please help
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2021 at 2:30 AM
I have also tried to use nraas debugger to spawn stray pets from the mailbox to test the issue but it doesn't work, so I can't really test it without waiting a long time for a stray to appear.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2021 at 5:17 AM
as far as I know, stray pets come randomly and rarely. I've seen a few of your issues before, but they're just completely random. Typically if I really want the stray, I just use the testingcheats and "add to household" function.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
as far as I know, stray pets come randomly and rarely. I've seen a few of your issues before, but they're just completely random. Typically if I really want the stray, I just use the testingcheats and "add to household" function.

Yeah, but that doesn't work for the lifetime wish where you have to adopt so many strays.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2021 at 7:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukasetrash
Yeah, but that doesn't work for the lifetime wish where you have to adopt so many strays.

hmmm yeah... that would be a problem. But unless you find a mod that is causing this, I think it is normal. Perhaps you can find a fix for it. I've seen both issues with cats/dogs showing up on a lot and then just leaving. It's normal. I've also seen issues where you get BFF with a stray but no adoption option shows up. The only thing you can do is let them leave and then using NRAAS MC to invite them on the lot again, see if that fixes it. That or save and restart the game.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th May 2021 at 5:43 PM
This isn't quite the solution you are looking for but I just checked and it counted for the Animal Rescuer LTW when I adopted a kitten from the shelter (using the computer/newspaper). I don't think I have any mods installed that changed how that LTW works so you might try that.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th May 2021 at 5:22 AM
And I don't think debug enabler is the right way to increase the number of strays, that would be register.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th May 2021 at 9:30 PM
To add onto my issue i removed all of my mods and took the sims 3 folder in my documents out to let the game make a new one and the issue is still happpening. The only thing i can think of at this point is to reinstall the game. I also tried repairing the game on the origin launcher and that didn't work either.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th May 2021 at 9:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukasetrash
To add onto my issue i removed all of my mods and took the sims 3 folder in my documents out to let the game make a new one and the issue is still happpening. The only thing i can think of at this point is to reinstall the game. I also tried repairing the game on the origin launcher and that didn't work either.

As I've already mentioned, what is happening is simply TS3 bad programming. So you can reinstall as many times as you want, it won't change anything. Unless someone created a mod to "fix" this issue, this is what it is.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.