Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.1

by GunMod Posted 5th Nov 2005 at 3:32 AM - Updated 16th May 2009 at 10:18 AM by Numenor : Updated info and links

715 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 708 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 29
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 8:19 PM
The first post says DO NOT use this hack with SmartLights 2. Does that mean they're absolutely incompatible, or is it just a suggestion based on issues with Smart Lights and the pool lights? I've been using Smart Lights for some time with no problems, and I just downloaded this mod yesterday and used it with Smart Lights and it seemed to be working fine...
Forum Resident
#127 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 8:36 PM
I believe it's just a warning because of the pool light issue. If you chose to not use poollights then the mods seem to work together fine.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Forum Resident
#128 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 8:57 PM
onces again a amazing job!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof-V
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#129 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Max3D
@GunMod:
did u note that the photomachine didn't work with the 2.1 ?
i mean the pubblic cabinet for the 4 in 1 photo.
the photos come black, i think that's 'cause the light... did u think it's solvable ?

<scribbles in notepad>

Thanks Max3D. I'll look into it.

..now where did I put that beaker of nitrous acid..

- GunMod
Freelance Game/Software Designer
GunMod's Forums

Tip to Never Get Lost: Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#130 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:13 PM
@iona
Quote:
Hi, This works beautifully and I love it.
But inside the house, I think it's too dark in daylight.
Is there any cheat code or something to make it brighter?

This is being address in 2.2 However please be aware in a room with no lights and no windows it will be dark. This is intentional.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#131 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:16 PM
@Daan1302

Actually 2.2 is looking pretty good now. I have spent the last 2 days on just the outside daylight.
Yes I am an anal nerd

I think I have finally got the problems nailed down. <knocks on simulated non-carbon based plastic wood>

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#132 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Braveheart
GunMod...In my experience, in order to enter the lots with pool lights you need to remove the smartlights2 mod. If it is still installed as you have instructed above, the lots won't load. IMO, people need to make sure smartlights2 is not installed in order to go into the lots and remove the pool lights. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok, the thing I saw was when I removed smart lights and tried to enter a lot with pool lights I could not do so. The game would forever load the lot.
After restoring smart lights I was again able to enter a lot.. so I'm not sure either way.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Lab Assistant
#133 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by choupette
Merci pour ton aide Hydromel !!! CA MARCHE !!!

De rien
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GunMod
Are you sure you dont have some other mod that is affecting the auto lights?
Have you right clicked on a light with a sim in a lot and selected Auto Lights then ALL?
I have not seen an issue with auto lights working in 2.1
Please verify. When you say there not working please explain.

Hello I am no other mod that affecting auto lights and yes I have right clicked on a light and stuff
Also, I don't know if it's normal but when my sim go in a room without windows, the light don't work (at day)
When I click on autolight all lights, the lights works all at night and not only when a sim is in the room.
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Max3D
what the hell are you saying ?
this isn't a french forum :P

I just try to help
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hydromel
I just try to help

Wouldn't it be more effective to use the private message system, rather than flooding the thread with french that most people can't understand? (after all the official language on this site is english) Just a thought...

To send someone a private message, all you need to do is click on their name and the option to send a message comes up.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordrichter
Without smart light 2, the lighting behavior returms to the Maxis default, or what I remember the Maxis default to be since I have been using smart lights since they were invented.

This is what I am seeing. No lights on in the house from 7am to 7pm unless explicitly told to be on. Interior rooms without windows are dark. All lights on in the house starting at 7pm unless there is a sim sleeping in the room. Outside lights turn off at 2am. Between 6am and 7am, no lighting change except for a purple light outside. Between 6pm and 7pm everything is red/orange, no inside lights.

The lot was built with smart lights 2 installed, no pool lights but a wide variety of Maxis and custom lighting. It is a relatively new lot, only about 8 hours of actual game play on this lot, about half of it before installing the lighting mod.

I have tweaked the lighting in the lot to eliminate lights that are too dim and to more evenly light rooms that are under the influence of your mod, so I have turned on Auto Lights-All Lights several times.

Smart-lights2.package has been removed for use with your mod, but I am seriously considering turning it back on. I have no other mods that I know of that change lighting. I only have about 60 global behavior changing mod packages installed at this time. All are NL or NL approved by the creator. I have NL installed.

It's exactly what I have
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PatchesSim2
Wouldn't it be more effective to use the private message system, rather than flooding the thread with french that most people can't understand? (after all the official language on this site is english) Just a thought...

To send someone a private message, all you need to do is click on their name and the option to send a message comes up.

Thank you but I did because I have seen chinese and deutch on this forum so I thought that I could do it.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 10:24 PM
Ok, the thing I saw was when I removed smart lights and tried to enter a lot with pool lights I could not do so. The game would forever load the lot.
After restoring smart lights I was again able to enter a lot.. so I'm not sure either way.

Strange, I need to try that.
Scholar
#140 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 10:52 PM
surely a room with no windows or lights would be dark, day or night, in real life, so this mod is just emulating that, which is what i have downloaded it for. i would have thought the more windows the lighter it will be, less and it will be darker. not much light would seep through a closed door.
i have no problem seeing inside the rooms in daylight in the lots i have, but i tend to have plenty of windows in them, as that is what i like. maybe thats why i can't understand why some people are reporting the light being too dark.

as to pool lights. i have found you don't really need any, the pool gives off its own. i can't remember if they did that anyway though

i earlier reported my lots loaded ok (this was true with small lots), but with the Smartlight mod and this one installed i tried it out with one of the few large lots i have with a pool. it wouldn't load. took out the Smartlights, left in the pool lights and it loaded fine again. so this is not the same as you are seeing, GunMod, if i read you correctly
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#141 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hydromel
Hello I am no other mod that affecting auto lights and yes I have right clicked on a light and stuff
Also, I don't know if it's normal but when my sim go in a room without windows, the light don't work (at day)
When I click on autolight all lights, the lights works all at night and not only when a sim is in the room.
Thank you

Lights are not supposed to , by maxis default, come on automatically during the day.
I was trying to correct this but it seems that doesn't work as intended and it may not be possible.

With Smart Lights 2 the lights WOULD come on during the day in a dark room when a sim walked into the room. This was the reason I wanted people to use the Smart Lights with this mod. I told people to stop using it when people
started reporting problems with it. I never saw a problem so I wanted to be safe and told everyone not to use them.

Without Smart Lights 2 the lights will not automatically come on when a sim enters a room during the DAY.

As in real life, if you have a room that has no windows, then I suggest you leave a light on in that room even during the day.

The problem is this: Maxis never intended for dark rooms to be "dark"
So not having lights on in a room with no windows was no big deal.

This is a realism mod (its what I do) and that realism has a price.
That price is that a dark room is going to be dark if not lit properly.
The price is also that some stuff might be a little more work to do than before, like having to decide what lights should stay on, what lights should auto functions, etc.

I can either sacirifice the realism for easier gameplay or I can go with the realism and that means if you want to use this you will have to learn to adjust a few minor things because frankly I won't even do this mod if I can't go the realism route.

I'm not trying to be rude and I hope it doesn't come out sounding that way. I just don't coddle or bullsh*t, I just state the plain facts and I hope that doesn't offend you.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Lab Assistant
#142 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 12:20 AM
I understand, thank a lot
Test Subject
#143 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 2:14 AM
I'm not trying to be rude and I hope it doesn't come out sounding that way. I just don't coddle or bullsh*t, I just state the plain facts and I hope that doesn't offend you.

*salutes* More people in the world need this attitude. All this politically correct nonsense can... ah, I'll save my angry ranting for another day. :banghead:

The mod is utterly and completely fantastic, though. We're all pulling for you as you wrangle the dreaded and feared Maxis code!
Test Subject
#144 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 2:19 AM
Totally Awesome Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :3dcool: :yippee:
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chocolate Pi
*salutes* More people in the world need this attitude. All this politically correct nonsense can... ah, I'll save my angry ranting for another day. :banghead:

I did something wrong you think ?
Test Subject
#146 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 10:26 AM
Hi Gunmod, will 2.2 fix a minor problem with a new window that came with nitelife? It's a small double panel window, (a wooden casement type with glass panels). It does'nt allow daylight to pass through. I noticed this during creation of a house, the room still remained dark after putting this window.
Scholar
#147 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 11:23 AM Last edited by anelca : 8th Nov 2005 at 12:53 PM. Reason: added link
GunMod
keep doing what youre doing. as i stated before it is the realism that i am looking for and admiring in this mod and the reason i have downloaded and tried to test to the best of my abilities. i just can't report most of the same problems other people are having, it is working for me exactly as you say it does

ronaldlc
if you are talking about the OpenMe two-tile wide window, this is a known issue with this window, not this mod. there is a fixed version under the build downloads in this site
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101157

fwwiw:
i have gone through each and every window i have, in build mode in both daylight and night time, custom and maxis. of the maxis windows only the above mentioned window doesn't work. one of the custom ones doesn't either, but it's a window that has a flaw in it anyway. i'll see if theres a fixed version.
i am going to run through the lights in a minute.
if windows or lights don't work i would suspect it is a flaw in the object not the mod. it might be worth considering just using an alternative object

edit:
there should be no problem with any of the lights either, on a basic level. they all work, but i haven't tested them in all settings i can think of, just a room with no windows and a table and statue in. what i was attempting was just to clarify that this mod does not affect windows or lights, just that if there is a problem it is probably to do with the object itself
Test Subject
#148 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anelca
GunMod
keep doing what youre doing. as i stated before it is the realism that i am looking for and admiring in this mod and the reason i have downloaded and tried to test to the best of my abilities. i just can't report most of the same problems other people are having, it is working for me exactly as you say it does

ronaldlc
if you are talking about the OpenMe two-tile wide window, this is a known issue with this window, not this mod. there is a fixed version under the build downloads n this site

Anelca, thanks. I agree with you. I'm all for realism, even up to the smallest of details. I enjoy a little bit of fantasy everynow and then. Anyway, thanks again.
Test Subject
#149 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 9:51 PM
Hi GunMod,
i have used this mod since I saw it here on MTS2, which was somewhere about version 1.
Ever since I installed this mod I have a strange problem with the neighborhood view. It is all red and flashing. Just as the old corrupted items when modding for Sims2 just started, only they flashed blue and not red
And to prevent questions, no I don't use any other hacks that modify the light or anything, except for smartlights2. And I also have no problems with the pool lights, they fixed it.
Maybe it has to do something with my card, although I doubt it. It a Geforce 6600 GT, which should have enough power for Sims2, even with this mod.

And to make me wonder even more, it is only in the neighborhood view, not in the lot itself, although right now the outside light is a little too dark, but I read it is being fixed in the upcoming version.
Maybe you can dig into the flashing problem a little more, since it is quite anoying, and it is kinda difficult placing new lots since you can't see where the roads are.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#150 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 11:33 PM
Ghost, that happens if this mod gets placed in an ep's directory instead of the base game's.
Page 6 of 29