Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#8301 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:25 AM
Help. After being away for 5 days then finding my internet was down. Was fixed today but now are 100+ pages behind. Please anything happened in the last 9 days.Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#8302 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:50 AM
i just hope the people disagreeing with me are right, then because if they aren't i will be even more disappointed
Inventor
#8303 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:54 AM
I think the disagrees stem from the general idea that Sims 4 is a Sims 3 rehash...because tons is missing from Sims 4 that was in Sims 3 (even if it was implemented poorly in 3). I think a lot of us assumed that Sims 4 would be a collection of the best features from all previous incarnations of the Sims and produced better with the brand new game engine, rather than this wishy washy effort we're seeing so far.
Instructor
#8304 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalBits
i just hope the people disagreeing with me are right, then because if they aren't i will be even more disappointed

They disagree because it's funny to them,watch: I want everyone to disagree with my post! Disagree,please!

EDIT 1: Not agree! Disagree! Or click both!

EDIT 2: See? 2 already...like wildfire.
Lab Assistant
#8305 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Edero
They disagree because it's funny to them,watch: I want everyone to disagree with my post! Disagree,please!

EDIT 1: Not agree! Disagree! Or click both!

EDIT 2: See? 2 already...like wildfire.

Must be addictive

But i still feel a little iffy on the traits thing. When i said rehash, i didn't mean the whole game - just how the sims work. i am fearing the sims won't actually have as much personality as they say and it'll just be little idle animations again, but hopefully i will be proved wrong
Alchemist
#8306 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:11 AM
EA sucks at naming worlds. " Willow Creek " and " Oasis Springs " why can't they get real, suburban names instead of this fairytale shit?!
Mad Poster
#8307 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:16 AM
Call me cynical if you want, but it seems they half-ass the names like they have half-assed everything else so far.
Mad Poster
#8308 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:18 AM
They could call one of their worlds "Zen Garden"...

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#8309 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
I'm also tempted to buy Dragon Age Inquisition, but it's EA too...

Aw yeah! Buy it!! It looks gorgeous and awesome!
And EA is just the publisher, Bioware is makin it.
And Bioware are awesome (Except for the ME3 ending... )
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8310 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
They could call one of their worlds "Zen Garden"...

Or "Inge Jones" or "Shimrod 101"

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#8311 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:31 AM Last edited by Edero : 15th Jul 2014 at 9:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Or "Inge Jones" or "Shimrod 101"

Or ''Edero's little muppets''.

Imagine a world like that in the sims...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8312 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsTias
As an aside, as far as I know Bioware is fully owned by EA.
Lab Assistant
#8313 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
As an aside, as far as I know Bioware is fully owned by EA.

They are, and I'm pretty sure they're to blame for what happened to Mass Effect. EA stepped in during ME1's development, and it was just downhill from there. ME3's ending was just the cherry on top of a rushed developmental sundae. (Don't get me wrong, those games are my absolute favorites, but they've got a lot of flaws.)

On topic: I haven't seen very many full size screenshots of the TS4 demo, but from what I have seen the textures are... less than stellar. I don't really mind the new style, but I'd mind it a hell of a lot less if it actually looked nice. I am not loving the skin textures at all. "Cartoony" is fine when it is done right. But the graphics seem all sorts of wrong.
Lab Assistant
#8314 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsTias

Bioware was awesome. Then they were bought by EA.

DAO was awesome, then EA came along and we got DA2.

I'll be thinking long and hard before I commit to buying DAI.
Field Researcher
#8315 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Wild Turkey
Bioware was awesome. Then they were bought by EA.

DAO was awesome, then EA came along and we got DA2.

I'll be thinking long and hard before I commit to buying DAI.

Well.. I'm just getting DAI so I have a RPG to play while waiting for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Field Researcher
#8316 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jendra9311
Although to have cars, bikes, AND a working tram/train system seems a bit excessive

Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Wow, you actually like not having more options?

Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Yeah, I don't see why having more options would be "excessive". But at a minimum that tram would have been awesome as a way to travel between neighborhoods if they had only utilized them that way.

I... May have been thinking of TS2. They said we had loading screens again. In TS2, almost all my characters have cars, but I just walk them everywhere anyway as it takes the same amount of time. Literally doesn't matter. I think in TS4 there are some lots where transportation would affect how long you take to get there - in which case cars will be out in an EP/SP like in TS2. I haven't quite figure out the sort of half-open world thing they've got going on yet. :P

I like having options over things that matter. If it makes no difference in the time it take my sim to get to a place, they can walk, drive, bike, fly, tram, subway, teleport... I don't care. :P

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Field Researcher
#8317 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:56 AM
I never fully used cars in the previous games, it wasn't necessary much. Although the subway+taxi combination in ts3 was highly annoying. My sim always drove with a taxi to the subway station and then into the city. Weird :D
That said, it would be more realistic, if the sims had cars in ts4. Maybe it isn't necessary because of the small world and/or loading screen, but it would be nice to have nevertheless. However, I don't want cars, if they are implemented like in sims 3. If cars, then with garage and animations of getting in and out. Maybe an option to wash the car, repair it or cruise around and show off. Maybe then I would care about cars.
Field Researcher
#8318 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:58 AM
I'm curious. How many of you guys genuinely would have been ok with them delaying the launch again? I know I wouldn't! They already delayed it once, annouced it and left us in the dark for months.... And with all the stuff you (ok, we) want added, I could easily see it being pushed back by a year if they did.

Would you really, honestly, be ok with that?

Edit: "agree" = I'd be ok "disagree" I wouldn't.
If you don't feel like a detailed reply.

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8319 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:58 AM
I was thinking about it last night, and... man, I am really saddened that the open world is gone. I know the compartmentalized world is probably for performance or whatever but...

One of my favourite things with TS3 was sending sims exploring the world, collecting stuff. I could queue up a bunch of stuff and just watch my sim running all around the map, picking up bugs and rocks and whatnot, returning home stinky and needing to pee and about to pass out, but with a pocket full of goodies.

They say there's still lots of area to explore in the public spaces... but the world is tiny in comparison, and there are loading screens between neighborhoods and lots. So any attempt at gathering/exploring in TS4 is going to be absolutely filled with loading screens when going from one neighborhood to another. And if there's spawners on the park lots, then there's another loading screen to go from that neighborhood to the park, as you can walk off of a lot without a loading screen but not onto one.

They've pretty much killed gathering/collecting for TS4. I know it was somewhat overpowered (the prices should've been much lower) but... I'm really, really sad now. Cos that was so much fun in TS3. And they've already made it so making sims isn't great (I am not at all sold on new CAS and the whole led-by-presets thing), killed generational play by removing toddlers and making teens and elders indistinguishable from adults/young adults... Even killed off building and decorating by removing CAST and dumbing down the building tools.

What's left? Emotions? Multitasking? Cupcakes? Hats?

Jendra9311 - I'd have been completely fine with a delay. I'd much rather wait an extra year to get a good game with the basic features that I've come to expect from a sims game, plus some innovative new features to justify a whole new game... than to get the cut-down mess with nothing significantly new that they're pushing out unfinished.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#8320 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:09 AM
I would have been okay with a delay, too. They are releasing it way too early and are NOT building a strong foundation in my opinion. Even half a year delay would give them a lot of time to include toddlers and pools and maybe fix teenagers, too. Instead we are probably expected to pay for this with an expansion.

I don't know about the open world, if I will miss it or not. I have to wait and see how long the loading screens are and if the new neighborhoods are as vibrant and interesting as they say. If the trade-off is justified, so to speak.
Lab Assistant
#8321 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:14 AM
Why would anyone, other than EA and their shareholders, get upset by a delay? I mean, it could only improve the game. EA was still releasing content for TS3 when TS4 was announced, so it's not like there's nothing to keep you busy.

You know, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to ever buy TS4, but I keep checking the threads here. I guess I'm just waiting for something to change my mind. /sigh
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8322 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'd much rather wait an extra year to get a good game with the basic features that I've come to expect from a sims game, plus some innovative new features to justify a whole new game... than to get the cut-down mess with nothing significantly new that they're pushing out unfinished.

Only if that was because they had started over, and not just spent the extra year trying to salvage a single player game from some discarded online one. As it is, if they suddenly found themselves with an extra year, they might have time to add toddlers, and make some more cake machines - oh and some aeroplane VFX for the sky, but unless they went back and completely redesigned the game,, it's still going to be small hoods in a small semi-open world, without a color wheel.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#8323 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jendra9311
I'm curious. How many of you guys genuinely would have been ok with them delaying the launch again? I know I wouldn't! They already delayed it once, annouced it and left us in the dark for months.... And with all the stuff you (ok, we) want added, I could easily see it being pushed back by a year if they did.

Would you really, honestly, be ok with that?

Edit: "agree" = I'd be ok "disagree" I wouldn't.
If you don't feel like a detailed reply.

If they dedicated a small team of devs to finally fixing up the buggy mess that is Sims 3 with a few more patches, I'd be fine waiting up to a year for a new Sims game that lives up to expectations. Sadly though, I think this game is fundamentally flawed because of the online - offline conversion.
They wouldn't be able to improve the art style of the world (maybe they could improve textures, but the low poly objects, plastic rock landscapes and fugly hair is unlikely to get a complete overhaul), they won't implement CASt, all the missing gameplay features like proper life stages, cars, etc. would be rushed and shoe-horned in, the worlds would still be dismally small, and I doubt they'd be able to get a working story progression implemented in that time.

In theory I would wait if the game had shown promise, but at this point I'm only likely to pick it up later down the track once the price drops to a figure I think it's worthy of and they have added back some of the basic features we expected, like...toddlers and pools. So at this stage I don't really care when it comes out, I think it will be lacking either way.
Field Researcher
#8324 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:26 AM
A delay would improve the game, of course. But would the make more money, because of a delay? Apparantly, they don't think so. I don't know, if they are right. The game will sell no matter what. Lots of people will buy this game and not even know toddlers and pools are cut. They are seeing the sims brand and are buying it. EA only needs a somewhat good press and this you can buy, too. If the expansions and premium content will be successful, that is a whole other question.
Inventor
#8325 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luasims
You know, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to ever buy TS4, but I keep checking the threads here. I guess I'm just waiting for something to change my mind. /sigh

Same. I'm not buying it at this point unless it gets some positive but unbiased reviews from credible sources.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Locked thread
Page 333 of 920