Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8401 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:09 AM
Let's be honest, will it actually help?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#8402 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
i don't get why EA would give free codes for sims 2 base game and eps.. it's like they are screaming "DON'T BUY SIMS 4, IT'S CRAP, HERE.. HAVE THIS HELL OF A GAME FOR FREE FOR ALL THE YEARS WE'VE BEEN MILKING YOU".. kinda. it's funny i guess, but weird... very suspicious.

I wonder if they're doing it in an attempt to regain gamer trust/loyalty. "Here, have a DD copy of Sims 2, which only cost us pennies to put together for you. Our past attempts at getting you to forgive our dumb decisions regarding Sims 4 didn't work. So maybe in your happiness over being able to play your favorite game you'll forget/forgive us and still buy Sims 4."

I appreciate them doing this, but I'm staying in wait & see mode for Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
#8403 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:10 AM
I don't plan on buying TS4, but, hey, if EA wants to give me a free collection...

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Let's be honest, will it actually help?

At this point, I think only a four year delay could fix that poor game.
Inventor
#8404 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:11 AM
Interesting. Sadly, I have the disc version of Double Deluxe. I wouldn't be surprised though if they come out with a disc version of it kinda like the Sims complete Collection.
Scholar
#8405 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
Interesting. Sadly, I have the disc version of Double Deluxe. I wouldn't be surprised though if they come out with a disc version of it kinda like the Sims complete Collection.

Check out the thread for the UC, it looks to me like a lot of people are getting EA reps to retroactively register their hard-copy versions on Origin.
Inventor
#8406 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:15 AM
And just how would I do that?
Lab Assistant
#8407 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:15 AM
David, I have the disc version of Double Deluxe as well, and an EA advisor helped me get it onto Origin. Here's gywnne's thread about it.
Theorist
#8408 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:26 AM
I think they did it to get TS2 players to register on Origin, and they hope that everyone will use this version so they're not trying to provide support to an infinite number of versions of the game that are out there (ie some patched, some not, some old disks, some digital downloads, etc.).

About that TS4...'fraid I got nothin' to say that I've not already said. WHERE IS THAT GAMEPLAY VIDEO, EA?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#8409 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:42 AM
Do you guys think the gameplay video is going to be the one that was shown privately at E3 (the one we didn't get to see but only hear about), or will it be something "new" they're putting together now? I heard the descriptions of that video from E3, and it sounded just awful.
Lab Assistant
#8410 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
About that TS4...'fraid I got nothin' to say that I've not already said. WHERE IS THAT GAMEPLAY VIDEO, EA?

I, too, am ready to see that. I really hope it's not just a rehash of the closed-doors demo from E3. Something new, fresh, and not so...staged...would be fab.

*fingers crossed*
Lab Assistant
#8411 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:57 AM
Did anyone see the new blog ?

Quote:
First of all, I want to say thank you to the players who have been helping us test the early trial experience of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo over the past week. We have received lots of really useful information which is helping us to polish our game, and we have seen how much fun you have been having creating your Sims.

We have also seen how many of you want to join in and help us with the ongoing testing. I am pleased to tell you that we are now inviting anyone who is interested, to sign up for the chance to be invited into the early trial experience.

All you have to do is provide your email (the one linked to your Origin account) in The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo box on the home page. Spots in the early trial experience are limited and not everyone will be invited in. If you are selected to participate, you will receive an email invitation with full instructions at some point in the next two weeks.

Please see our FAQ for more information on The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo.

We look forward to getting your feedback.

- Rachel
Mad Poster
#8412 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:58 AM
Whoa! WTH is this?! (edited to remove link, ninja'd)

I thought they would release the download on Origin and make it easy for everyone to get it, now it's a crap shoot, a game of luck to be chosen? I don't get it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#8413 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:03 AM
"Early trial experience"? What in the actual fuck?
Lab Assistant
#8414 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:03 AM
I'm a lurker by nature but this latest bit about the Demo just pushed me out. Is EA trying to see how many shitty things they can do?
Scholar
#8415 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:03 AM
I'd like to tell them very explicit and in detail where they can stick that demo.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Inventor
#8416 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:05 AM
Hey guys going back to the Sims 2 thing, do you think the complete collection will have more options? I currently have all EP's, and the latest patches/updates, but I want to know if the Collection might add new things. If not there's no cause for me trying to get my hands on it.
Lab Assistant
#8417 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:06 AM
It just keeps getting sillier. I hope that they're at least inviting more than a handful of people. Tons of people are itching to try the demo.

Quote:
If you are selected to participate, you will receive an email invitation with full instructions at some point in the next two weeks.

Two weeks?

Edit: David, no one knows yet. The email people got says it'll have "a lot more" content, but that's all we know.
Mad Poster
#8418 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:09 AM
Some are saying to extend the testing process, but I am sure there are still lots of accts to e-mail with the demo. I know they didn't run out.

I see this as awful, can you imagine the "why u no pick me" posts?

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#8419 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:10 AM Last edited by KlutzWobbles : 16th Jul 2014 at 2:23 AM.
I guess I don't seem to be interpreting this the same way as some of you. I'm getting that they're allowing a volunteer process for a chance to get in on the "testing" phase prior to the official release of the demo. As opposed to recanting on their promise that the demo will eventually be open to everyone.

And given that they'll respond to the requests within the next 2 weeks to allow the selected folks to get started with the testing, I guess the Aug 12 release date seems about right.
Test Subject
#8420 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:12 AM Last edited by sukibeth : 16th Jul 2014 at 2:38 AM.
No surprise, I think it's already been crashed. I tried to register and all I'm getting is a swirling button of doom.

edit:
Had my bf sign me up through his computer at home and it went through... still wouldn't trust EA's servers as far as I can throw them.
Scholar
#8421 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:12 AM
Here's the text from the box where you sign up to maybe be considered to test:

Quote:
Enter your email address below to register for your chance to join an early trial experience of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo. Spots are limited so not everyone will get in. If you are selected to participate, you will receive an email invitation at some point in the next two weeks.
By registering, you are also signing up for our official Newsletter, giving you news about The Sims 4 and EA products.
Test Subject
#8422 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:15 AM
I remember they said the same "not everyone will be selected" stuff for the SimCity 2013 beta testing but it seemed like just about everyone ended up being invited.
Mad Poster
#8423 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cabelle1863
I remember they said the same "not everyone will be selected" stuff for the SimCity 2013 beta testing but it seemed like just about everyone ended up being invited.

I wished EA had started off this way but according to an above post, they got the swirling circle of doom, no follow through. OMG, EA's servers are not in the best representation right now. Needs more testing.

Lab Assistant
#8424 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:23 AM
Not sure how much good it'll do, but I gave them my email for shits and giggles.
Lab Assistant
#8425 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:23 AM
i just logged in to my origin and i have the demo, keep checking you guys btw i checked 2 days ago and i didnt have it then so maybe everyone is slowly getting it.
Locked thread
Page 337 of 920