Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#10076 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
I'll ask again since Delphy is doing clean up And yay shiny new thread!

Am I the only one who makes former townies related to those with the same name?
Nope, I do it too.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#10077 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 4:17 AM Last edited by Kunder : 10th Nov 2017 at 3:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I wish it was a paintin I could stick on the wall so then I'd never see it cuz most times I play with walls down.
You can use move objects, and place the big planter on it. Looks like a plant sitting on a black stand.
Mad Poster
#10078 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:31 AM
I should start making NPCs/townies related to each other if they spawn with the same surname... (Not that I actually have a whole lot of npcs/townies, but you know...)
Inventor
#10079 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:03 AM
Don't make two Sims related that have the exact same full name. On my XP tower I have two Amy Pons (one's a nanny, the other a store clerk, I think).

Unless you want to keep both names and also add a middle name. Now you can differentiate the two. XD

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#10080 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:13 AM
But that can happen irl too! My dad has a cousin who has the same first name, last name, and middle initial as he has! They've gotten each other's mail a couple of times, had to field calls meant for the other, etc.

Now, in my sim's game, so far no one's allowed to have even the same first name. When I attached LGU to my Four Corners-Bitville, I renamed Sara Bellum to 'Sarah Bellum' to avoid confusion with Sara Rhome, specifically in the "chat with" option on the computer.
Inventor
#10081 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:28 AM
This is reminding me of Simpsons' Millouse. His parents are practically twins!

I also don't allow sims to have the same first name and I usually alter townies' duplicate surnames. It's not realistic given that you can bump into the someone who has the same name you have but you might forget which Witch is which.
Theorist
#10082 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
I wish it was a paintin I could stick on the wall so then I'd never see it cuz most times I play with walls down.

You can use move objects, and place the big planter on it. Looks like a plant setting on a black stand.

Where did you dig this up? ... lol I have no idea what it was that I was talkin' 'bout, but thanks
Forum Resident
#10083 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:02 AM
Where did you dig this up? ... lol I have no idea what it was that I was talkin' 'bout, but thanks

I believe that was part of our conversation on how ugly the Batbox looks on a lot.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Theorist
#10084 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:34 AM
Ahhh, thanks SIMelissa ....

lol ... that was one of those things said in passin that once said was promptly forgot about

I tried lookin back at my posts to see if I could find what they were referin to, but never found it.
Mad Poster
#10085 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
Nope, I do it too.

Interesting idea, I'll have to try it! "What do you mean, you're my KIDS!? I have no memory of being married, or having you."

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10086 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:54 PM
Is getting a drink of water from the sink meant to cool sims down at all? My sim was severely overheating while on her Island vacation, so I tried making her drink water from the sink, hoping that would help, but it didn't seem to do anything.
Field Researcher
#10087 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Is getting a drink of water from the sink meant to cool sims down at all? My sim was severely overheating while on her Island vacation, so I tried making her drink water from the sink, hoping that would help, but it didn't seem to do anything.

It does cool them down, but I usually have to get them to do it twice before their temperature goes down.
Mad Poster
#10088 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Mine are generally better after a single drink, but I tend to queue up the drink as soon as I see the temperature rising. (As a Texan, I take heat stroke Very Seriously!) I also have the hot/cold shower mod, which is a lifesaver and far and away the quickest way out of the danger zone I've got.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#10089 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:03 PM
Thanks, both of you! Someone also pointed me in the direction of the hot/cold shower mod, which of course will be very helpful!

New question: if a custom food has an effect that warms/cools sims when they eat it, will that effect be applied everywhere? So if they order that food from room service or at a restaurant, the food they receive will warm them up/cool them down? Or does it only apply when the food is prepared from a fridge?
Mad Poster
#10090 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:17 PM
Question for those who play neighbourhoods with self-contained economies (e.g. no rabbithole jobs): where does the money initially come from? The small amount that Sims are given upon being made in CAS often is spent on the house and furniture, with very little left to spread around the economy.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10091 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 12:33 AM
My sims all started out with loans so I made sure they had a bit extra and my mayor and banker got more, but starting out was hard. I only had 3 townies at the time and playables didn't have much cash. I did have a few rabbit hole jobs though. My doctor while running the clinic did go off to work a few days a week. I decided I needed some cash flow from outside. Real towns do have money coming from other places into the economy after all. I would say if there were to be no rabbit hole jobs at all that either a few more townies would help (I only had 3) or kaching the founders some more/perhaps do away with loans that generation. Some of my sims have mortgage shrubs on their lots since again most people do not buy houses outright in real life, they pay them off. So the house might take 5K and the business another 5K both to be payed off leaving them plenty for furnishings and purchases.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10092 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 2:51 PM
I thought you were talking about hiding the BatBox.
Mad Poster
#10093 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 7:53 PM
[QUOTE=Rosawyn]Thanks, both of you! Someone also pointed me in the direction of the hot/cold shower mod, which of course will be very helpful!
QUOTE]

===Gramma person goes off to find a cold shower...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10094 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 9:57 PM
Can someone confirm for me that it's safe to swap in and out default replacement ideal plantsims? Not mult- sets, but individual defaults.
Instructor
#10095 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 10:09 PM
I think it's the same thing as in the PT sets and items using NPCs, you can take out the controller, but not the sim files used by the mod because it causes corruption.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10096 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 10:31 PM
Defaults are fine to swap whenever you want to. They do not cause corruption the same way that multi sets do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10097 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
you can take out the controller, but not the sim files used by the mod

There is no controller; just a single package file.
Field Researcher
#10098 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:49 AM
I sent a group of teens on a camping trip to Three Lakes using Squinge's "Book Vacation Enabled for Teens" Mod. Only problem is that they are unable to check in to a tent.

Any ideas how I can get around this issue?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10099 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:50 AM
It has no option to get in and sleep?

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10100 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It has no option to get in and sleep?

No, it doesn't. Unfortunately nothing happens when I click on a tent.
Page 404 of 1347