Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 5:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Pets, Showtime
Custom Content won't install in the Launcher?
I have the Sims 3 (no expansion packs), and I downloaded a bunch of Custom Content from NewSea's website and I downloaded NewSea's hair on The Sims Resource . All I downloaded was pretty much just hair. So anyway, I put all those [Sims3pack] files in the Downloads folder. But when I opened up the launcher, I went into the Downloads tab. I checked ALL of the custom content, and clicked on the 'Install' button. I waited a few seconds, but the button became clickable again, so I assumed the CC was installed. I went into the 'Installed Content' tab, and there was nothing there! My game is not updated, and I am not going to update it because the update made the Launcher stop working and I had to reinstall the game. So hopefully, that's not the problem. So anyway, anybody know why the stuff isn't installing into my game and possible ways to fix this? Thanks!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 6:52 AM
Please try everything in this article:
Game Help:GCCTSU3 Startwiki
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 2:00 AM
Why is the latest patch (1.33.2.0150) deleting the launcher?
I just downloaded the latest patch for my Sims 3 game, and when I try to open up the launcher, a pop-up box comes up saying "Sims3Launcher has stopped working". It stays there for a few seconds, and then it disappears and nothing happens afterwards. It doesn't work when I run it as an administrator, and when I click on that TS3.exe file that everybody recommends, nothing happens, no matter how many times I click it. I have no other expansion packs installed yet, and I have Windows 7. Anybody know how I can fix this?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 3:17 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Launcher and/or EADM Issues
    If you encounter issues while downloading Store/Exchange items or when trying to patch or Launcher won't even start, please try the suggestions on these FAQ articles:

Try the suggestions in those articles, and let us know how you get on.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 10:50 AM
And remember that the way to start the game without using the Launcher is to click on TS3W.exe, not TS3.exe.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 5:00 PM
Thanks, but I can't work around the Launcher. I have some Custom Content that I really want to install and I can't do it without the launcher!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 5:15 PM
How do I patch to 1.33 MANUALLY?
I'm having problems with my Launcher after I patched my base game (no EP's) to 1.33. I posted on the forum, and was linked to an article on this site recommending to patch MANUALLY, not via the Launcher. Yet it doesn't say how to do that. How do I patch the game manually?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 6:21 PM Last edited by TheWolfBanana : 10th Apr 2012 at 6:23 PM. Reason: Additional information
Launcher won't install downloads? I click on "Install" but nothing happens??
Hi guys, I just installed The Sims 3 base game, and I have no expansion packs. I downloaded lots of stuff from TheSimsResource , XM Sims , and NewSea's Sims and I moved them into the Downloads folder. I open the Launcher, go to the Downloads tab, I select everything, and I click Install. Then the Install button turns unclickable, and then it turns clickable again. I look in the Installed Content folder, but nothing is there! Why won't the launcher install the content??

By the way, I have version 1.0.631.00001 and I am NOT updating to the latest because it deletes my launcher, and I won't be able to install ANYTHING.

-EDIT 4.10.12-

By the way, the box in the Installed Content tab that says "Run without custom content" is unchecked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Please try everything in this article:
Game Help:GCCTSU3 Startwiki

That doesn't help.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 7:31 PM Last edited by whiterider : 10th Apr 2012 at 7:45 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3829789, 3829797
Installed sims3pack CC doesn't go into the InstalledContent folder, it goes into DCCache and DCBackup.
What happens if you try just installing a couple of files at a time?

Which specific steps in the FAQ did you try? What happened at each of them?

Upon paying more attention, I've merged your threads. Launcher and patching problems are generally closely related, so it's useful to have all the related info in one place; and there's definitely no point in having multiple threads open for the same problem with sims3pack CC.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Installed sims3pack CC doesn't go into the InstalledContent folder, it goes into DCCache and DCBackup.
What happens if you try just installing a couple of files at a time?

Which specific steps in the FAQ did you try? What happened at each of them?

Upon paying more attention, I've merged your threads. Launcher and patching problems are generally closely related, so it's useful to have all the related info in one place; and there's definitely no point in having multiple threads open for the same problem with sims3pack CC.

I didn't mean the Installed Content FOLDER, I meant the tab in the LAUNCHER. The same thing happens when I try to just install a few things at a time, nothing happens. Even if I try with one little item. I didn't try any of the steps in the FAQ because my problem wasn't in there.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 8:16 PM
"Sims3Packs content not showing up in game, no files are in /DCCache and so is missing from Launcher's Installed Content tab." - I thought that was the problem you're having with the CC?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
"Sims3Packs content not showing up in game, no files are in /DCCache and so is missing from Launcher's Installed Content tab." - I thought that was the problem you're having with the CC?

It is. I try to install Custom Content, it's not installing or showing in the Installed Content tab in the Launcher. There are some files in /DCCache titles "dcdb0.dbc", "dcdb1.dbc", and "missingdeps.idx". Here's a video I uploaded on Youtube showing and describing the problem. You might want to turn up the volume, my mic quality isn't that good.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 10:41 PM
Well, that's one of the problems listed at the top of the GCCTSU FAQ, in the "Follw this FAQ if you have one of the following problems:" section.

In the Arena
retired moderator
#15 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 4:33 PM
Are you still trying to install content on to an unpatched 1.0.631 game? That would never work.
Or is the game already patched? To what version, 1.33? And did you follow the SuperPatcher wiki page below to reach 1.33?

The whole Patching Wiki page is about how to update manually, which instructions are you having trouble following? And which link were you provided with?
Is it one of these? Or something else?
  1. Game Help:Issues with 1.3x Superpatcherwiki
  2. Q&A for "Issues with 1.3x Superpatcher" wiki FAQ
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 11:35 PM
whiterider, I've just followed all the steps it recommended. But unfortunately, the Launcher still doesn't install my custom content.

ellacharm3d, yes, my game in unpatched. I'm sure it would work though, because the first time I ever played the game, when I first started using custom content, it worked. But then I stopped playing for a few years because I lost interest (then I gained it back). The game is very old, though. It's probably like 2 or 3 years old. The link that was provided to me for my troubles was this: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...p:GCCTSU3_Start.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
    If you encounter issues while downloading Store/Exchange items or when trying to patch or Launcher won't even start, please try the suggestions on these FAQ articles:

Try the suggestions in those articles, and let us know how you get on.

This doesn't help. I've updated EADM, and for my problem, it only recommends bypassing that launcher. I don't want to bypass it (even though it's possible) because I have custom content that I want to install. Any other suggestions?
Instructor
#18 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 2:00 AM
As ellacharm3d asked, what version are you on?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 11:11 AM
Ah - well, the majority of CC requires a higher patch, including Store stuff (which almost all requires, I think it is, at least 1.15). You could probably use sims3pack CC wthout patching if you download only stuff from 2009.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 5:59 PM Last edited by TheWolfBanana : 12th Apr 2012 at 6:13 PM. Reason: Additional information
Oh okay. Well I just updated my game to patch 1.17.60.009001 via Setup (installing Late Night), and it finally works! Thanks for telling me about the high patches! Although, now that I'm installing Pets also, it updated my game further and now the Launcher stopped working. So I'm still wondering how I can fix that! :\
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 3:17 PM
I've just started to get this problem when installing cc via the launcher, the installing box where the green line fills up ( sorry for rubbish description) just hangs there until I use task manager to stp it. It will only work if I restart the computer, I'm fully patched, mods up to date and I'm looking for any answers anywhere - sorry to hijack your thread but it seemed the nearest problem to mine (it is possibly my game telling me I have to much cc!)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 4:06 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply

TheWolfBanana, please try our Launcher and Origins articles.

sabrieljo- please create your own thread after you have worked through the Game Problem guide:
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheWolfBanana
I have the Sims 3 (no expansion packs), and I downloaded a bunch of Custom Content from NewSea's website and I downloaded NewSea's hair on The Sims Resource . All I downloaded was pretty much just hair. So anyway, I put all those [Sims3pack] files in the Downloads folder. But when I opened up the launcher, I went into the Downloads tab. I checked ALL of the custom content, and clicked on the 'Install' button. I waited a few seconds, but the button became clickable again, so I assumed the CC was installed. I went into the 'Installed Content' tab, and there was nothing there! My game is not updated, and I am not going to update it because the update made the Launcher stop working and I had to reinstall the game. So hopefully, that's not the problem. So anyway, anybody know why the stuff isn't installing into my game and possible ways to fix this? Thanks!

I also had this problem. I know that has been years from you problem, but for person with the same problem I did this:
Since a error report was being generated I read it and at the end it named a mod that I have installed [from Nraas]. Though I use CC Magic, I only draged out the mods folder [Since CCMagic has their cache there] and the installer functioned again. Just put again your mods folder after you're done. That's all.