Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3801 Old 25th May 2021 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
When you mentioned 'crawled', I remember Sims in 2 using sectional booths literally jumped out with teleportation in that game very weirdly

They scoot across the seat mostly, but if their exit route is blocked they will pop out. A clever way that the developers managed to include detail, but have a break clause for if things went wrong, I think.
Advertisement
Scholar
#3802 Old 25th May 2021 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I'd rather my sims popped out of beds and booths without animation than that they couldn't reach parts of them at all.

The Animation just runs too slow, makes it look so out of place with the rest of the animations.
Field Researcher
#3803 Old 25th May 2021 at 1:12 PM
I really dislike the style of the bedroom furniture and the closets. "Game changers" are saying these are hip now but are they really? Rounded shapes and huge handles? Who does that in 2021? May be just my taste but they're so not versatile.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3804 Old 25th May 2021 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
The only thing I know about this upcoming pack, is Sofas, sofas, and more sofas.

You forgot the chairs. Bt I'm sure the next patch to fix the sofas will include some more chairs.
Field Researcher
#3805 Old 25th May 2021 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
You forgot the chairs. Bt I'm sure the next patch to fix the sofas will include some more chairs.

We know about musical chair bug but let us sell you sectional sofas! They're so cool if you pay 20$.
We know about the mirror reflection bug but here are some new mirros you can buy from our new stuff packs.
We know babies are creepy objects but if you buy Knitting Stuff we'll give you two additional colors for them!

etc.
Instructor
#3806 Old 25th May 2021 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
It isn't just EA doing this. There was a story about Google recently changing words in Google Docs to make peoples writing 'more inclusive'.  I don't use Google for anything so whatever, but I'm not going to call my mailman a mail carrier just to make people happy.  My mailman is a straight dude that is married with children.  The only time we talk is if there is a problem, so even if he was offended by the term 'mailman' he doesn't know that I call him that.  If my mailman was a woman, I'd call her the mail lady. I digress.

If anybody wants a alternative to Google Docs for things like spreadsheets, there is LibreOffice.  It is completely free and works well. I've been using it for budget-related things for over a year as I refuse to shell out cash for Microsoft Office.  https://www.libreoffice.org/

In Scotland we tend to call mailmen/women just Postie. It solve all the problems.

BTW the tent farm also has several other swatches I believe and one is a space rocket. Both of these were shown on the trailer.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3807 Old 25th May 2021 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicboy
I really dislike the style of the bedroom furniture and the closets. "Game changers" are saying these are hip now but are they really? Rounded shapes and huge handles? Who does that in 2021? May be just my taste but they're so not versatile.

I didn't like much of the furniture when I first saw it either. However, I see their inclusions more as accent pieces than furniture intended to be used entirely as a set. As a set, that curved stuff is god awful, but bits and pieces will make for a fun children's room if used tastefully.

In a sense, it was long overdue, because the game lacked a pack with elements like these.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3808 Old 25th May 2021 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicboy

Yeah I haven't seen too many things in real life to suggest this style is "hip" or whatever. This style kinda has a 70s vibe to it. Like, the whole time I watched that trailer I kept thinking this was stuff I'd find in the Brady Bunch's house. I don't know if the 70s are back in the style like the 80s and 90s have been (and as a 90s child, I've seen that as both a blessing and a curse). But either way, I'm not a fan.

I'm hoping the sectional sofas and the likes/dislikes/whatever are part of an update and not the pack itself. Because I really don't want most of the stuff that this big ass stuff pack is selling.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3809 Old 25th May 2021 at 4:51 PM
They definitely should have choses something more contemporary. Maybe sprinkle in some Mid-Century, but contemporary designs would be best. Ideally, they should have just made a pack of objects that weren't bound to a specific design style. Hell, maybe even several - things that go together, things that don't.

Design Staples.
Oddities.
Center Pieces.
Focal Points.

This also could have been the perfect time reintroduce rocking chairs, backless showers, and closets (from Get Together), or combined objects from Tiny Living.

Mad Poster
#3810 Old 25th May 2021 at 7:14 PM
Livestream can be found here:

So far it's been revealed that likes and dislikes are coming in a free update, as are the new hair colors. Update is set for May 27th.

Likes and dislikes come in three categories (four if you buy the pack). You can choose a sim's favorite/least favorite colors, music genres, and activities. The fourth slot is for home decor. And with that, my reasons for needing this pack are almost gone. Just gotta see what the deal is for sectionals.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3811 Old 25th May 2021 at 8:22 PM
I take back what I said about them putting islands on the correct side. One is correct, and the other isn't.

And I love how the trailers have fake vehicles.

Also, the reveal is an amazing addition, but the routing bugged out.

Field Researcher
#3812 Old 25th May 2021 at 8:33 PM
I admit they put a lot of effort into little details such as the modular system and the reveal before / after video. That was a nice touch. What bugged me really was how broken the game is at core and instead of doing what you say the sims to do they just chat or go outside the lot to perform a simple action.

And kudos to them for choosing Simguru Jill to present this. She's so lively and excitng!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3813 Old 25th May 2021 at 8:49 PM
Since this is a build pack... I35 Objects.

5 Single Beds
2 Double Beds
4 Loft Beds
2 Sectionals
2 Chaise Lounges
3 Arm Chairs
3 Dining Chairs
1 Bar Stool
1 Sofa
2 Ottomans

2 Counters
2 Islands
2 Cabinets
2 Dining Tables (2x1)
3 End Tables
2 Side Table
4 Coffee Tables
4 Television Stands
4 Desks + 1 "Drafting Table"
15 Shelves + 2 Closet Shelves

2 Pedestal Sinks
2 Bath Tubs

1 Toddler Tent

2 Plants
2 Paintings
2 Mirrors
3 Curtains
20 Sculptures/Clutter
3 Rugs
2 Wall Décor

1 Table Lamp
1 Floor Lamp
4 Ceiling Lamps
1 Wall Lamp

1 Laptop

2 Built In Ovens
2 Countertop Cookers
2 Counter Ovens

4 Bookcases
4 Hanged Clothes
2 Wardrobes

1 Wallpaper
2 Doors
1 Staircase

Top Secret Researcher
#3814 Old 25th May 2021 at 9:01 PM
Likes and dislikes returning? OK, that I like.
Lab Assistant
#3815 Old 25th May 2021 at 9:09 PM
Not bad, I wait for a discount and always.

Taiwan Soul!
Mad Poster
#3816 Old 25th May 2021 at 10:11 PM
Well they got me to ease up on skipping this pack altogether. The modular shelves and couches are what got me. But I'm still not paying full price for this. There is no new gameplay in this game pack. The closest we got to new gameplay was them spending half the stream showing off something that's gonna come in a free update. So like I've been saying, this is a stuff pack. And I'll pay the stuff pack price for it, however long it may take for it to go down to that price.

Scholar
#3817 Old 25th May 2021 at 11:09 PM
The likes/dislikes definitely get a big thumbs up from me - I love that they leave it up to the players to add or remove them and choose however many you want, along with giving an option of discovering them in gameplay and you STILL get a choice if you want to add them. I really appreciate the details of how the gig works and the after/before stuff and the reveal, but ofcourse it's typical that the game's core just ruins everything at any moment - one of the devs was really disappointed that it happened on stream, you could hear it - and I definitely understand their frustration, working so hard and then having the foundation of the game just screw you over. I would be too. I always thought they needed to fix certain core game functionalities - especially if they want to keep adding more on top. The modular items looks fantastic and I definitely think I will use ALL the items, which is a first for a pack for me. I even love the colours they used and how mix/match it is. I think this level of detail is what a game pack should be, although you could argue they could have used the same gig system for an architect career - but I personally wouldn't be interested in that tbh, because I'm not sure it would be equal to the decorator one in depth. But who knows.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3818 Old 25th May 2021 at 11:49 PM
The won't fix the core of the game due to the game design philosophy. I remember when we asked for functional elevators and got a swift, "but you have stairs."

Instructor
#3819 Old 26th May 2021 at 1:56 AM
Yikes is all I can say about the issues with routing during the reveal. I was really rooting for it to work, but again it comes down to the core of the game... That's what frustrated me during the Livestream. It was like the game was fighting her when she was trying to show things off. How Malcolm just walked into the house and how he wouldn't leave. And that was only this new pack and the base game. Imagine the chaos with other packs added.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3820 Old 26th May 2021 at 4:44 AM
I hope they update previous packs with new furniture tags. I see “Tudor” is missing from the list. For a list of missing styles...

I also noticed there was a new furniture tag called “Storybook.” While I get they haven’t been updating furniture/architecture tags since... god knows when, we’ve never had “Storybook” before and it certainly isn’t in the base game or this new EP.

Leak Alert.

To those curious or unsure of what this is, Storybook is a very frilly and decorated style. It’s like dollhouse furniture brought to life. Think the same collection of items from The Sims 2: Open For Business or the Sims 3 Store.

Forum Resident
#3821 Old 26th May 2021 at 5:18 AM
Holy shit, modular items :lovestruc

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Scholar
#3822 Old 26th May 2021 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I hope they update previous packs with new furniture tags. I see “Tudor” is missing from the list. For a list of missing styles...

Only the Get Together EP has Tudor objects, and if that was a preference and you didn't have GT, what can you do?
Field Researcher
#3823 Old 26th May 2021 at 9:04 AM
It also showed how broken emotions and buffs are. Jill had to cheat and remove them so she can show off that the sim was not happy with that music channel. These issues make the game shallow and not fun to play. I hope they tackle and try to overhaul the whole buff and emotion systems because they're so annoying and ruin everything.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3824 Old 26th May 2021 at 9:41 AM
You can tell Jill doesn't play the game very much, she had to keep asking one of the others how to do things. The one glimmer of light in the whole livestream was the guy who spoke as if he took his job seriously (Jill do stop giggling) and explained how they'd made sure the swatches were consistent between items. This is a Sims first! Long may it continue.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3825 Old 26th May 2021 at 12:30 PM
Watching her struggle to place a counter and cabinet in a corner...

Page 153 of 185