Replies: 3832 (Who?), Viewed: 225723 times.
Page 154 of 154
Mad Poster
#3826 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 1:07 AM
Gambling... in... TS4?  EA + gambling? No way!

I wonder if this version will be played with in game money like TS3 or if EA will finally take the leap and add gambling with real money this time?  They already allow toddlers and children to gamble in FIFA, so there shouldn't be that much of a leap to add gambling to a game rated for teens.  If anybody complains, EA can whip out their "It's not gambling, they're surprise mechanics" story on them; because everybody believed that story.  Yeah, no....

Simgurugraham on the future of the sims 4
EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations. - Graham Nardone
Footage Not Representitive of Actual GamePlay
Scholar
#3827 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 4:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
GAMBLING ? Are you guys INSANE ? We're making a kid friendly game here, we can't have that kind of STUFF in our GAME

All they have to do is call it "surprise mechanics" and everything will be okay.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Scholar
DELETED POST
27th Oct 2020 at 9:12 AM
This message has been deleted by Chax.
Mad Poster
#3828 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 2:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Gambling... in... TS4?  EA + gambling? No way!

I wonder if this version will be played with in game money like TS3 or if EA will finally take the leap and add gambling with real money this time?  They already allow toddlers and children to gamble in FIFA, so there shouldn't be that much of a leap to add gambling to a game rated for teens.  If anybody complains, EA can whip out their "It's not gambling, they're surprise mechanics" story on them; because everybody believed that story.  Yeah, no....

I feel like they did, players will really notice and a REALLY good chunk would leave the game.... well stoo buying it if its filled with not-kinder eggs. I mean we will have to see, but I feel that's part of the reason they're not implemented. I willing to bet EA DID propose said stuff that made MAXIS almost crap their parents and said loud NO and convince the higheruos that it be really really really really really bad idea. I mean it's literally a noose on the neck or gun to the head for the franchise if they try to pull that off.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#3829 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 9:56 PM
Sims 1&2 also had gambling. Grant can say it’s not good game play and whatever other bullshit excuses he cares to come up with but he can’t forget the history as much as he would like too I’m sure!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3830 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:11 PM
“That’s not good gameplay.”

...as TS4 is dragging itself into its 7th year, and still missing basic features, like a CRIB. Remember CRIBS?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3831 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:58 PM
I have a hunch, which you can say verify in cases where Gurus actually admit, that why we haven't got objects that have been in TS1-TS2-&-TS3 (which oddly feel should persist be implemented but aren't for whatever) is because how complex and detail they are as 3D objects. Developers of objects are afraid to create these detail objects, because [b]they are difficult, for their discipline to create. We don't have proper pet beds for that reason alone and possibly why elevators aren't animated if not for the lack of funding and being skilled in animating them. Heck maybe Maxis does sure hire incompotent and really bad klutz developers who are really don't exhibit the skill to create three dimensional good looking textured i objects. I don't believe they're that out of touch to know that ppl are longing for (insert standard object that is frequent in life missing innthe game but otherwise been in past game) which is like should be a should/must have in B&B. Perhaps had to wait till they got a developer applicable/capable for creating bathroom because why else would Grant throw steam and rockus for fans being inconsiderated, at while knowing he can't just tell us straightful the shame fact they don't have somebody up for the task to make said objects. If this is not it, which I would certaintky feeling to wager being as first bet, than its a priority thing of higher ups in maxis/ea that disallows them to releaae highly demanded objects which is really unrational and wicked of them to do

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3832 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 5:12 AM
I don't think we need everything, just more stuff to make more types of stuff. Like, in Snowy Escape, we have a new bar and lounge but nothing to add to them to give them any kind of character, so it behaves exactly the same. Honestly, an area where Sims can be served sushi and have the ability to watch a hibachi show, while also being serviced drinks would have been a great alternative to a bar object to use in these locations.

The Kokatu table (or a plain table without the cloth) is much the same. This would be great for restaurants or outings.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#3833 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 8:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I have a hunch, which you can say verify in cases where Gurus actually admit, that why we haven't got objects that have been in TS1-TS2-&-TS3 (which oddly feel should persist be implemented but aren't for whatever) is because how complex and detail they are as 3D objects. Developers of objects are afraid to create these detail objects, because [b]they are difficult, for their discipline to create. We don't have proper pet beds for that reason alone and possibly why elevators aren't animated if not for the lack of funding and being skilled in animating them. Heck maybe Maxis does sure hire incompotent and really bad klutz developers who are really don't exhibit the skill to create three dimensional good looking textured i objects. I don't believe they're that out of touch to know that ppl are longing for (insert standard object that is frequent in life missing innthe game but otherwise been in past game) which is like should be a should/must have in B&B. Perhaps had to wait till they got a developer applicable/capable for creating bathroom because why else would Grant throw steam and rockus for fans being inconsiderated, at while knowing he can't just tell us straightful the shame fact they don't have somebody up for the task to make said objects. If this is not it, which I would certaintky feeling to wager being as first bet, than its a priority thing of higher ups in maxis/ea that disallows them to releaae highly demanded objects which is really unrational and wicked of them to do

Is is exactly what I thought must be happening all along. It isn't unheard of for companies as large as EA to cut off their talented and skilled employees and leave their mediocre ones on the pay roll. Skilled employees expect a good pay check but a mediocre one is just glade to have a job. As long as the product sells it doesn't matter the quality.
So i have thought all this time and it really would not suprise me in the slightest that their is in fact simply no one on TS4 team with the skills to meet the same standards of the previous games.
Page 154 of 154