Replies: 25692 (Who?), Viewed: 703541 times.
Page 1028 of 1028
Mad Poster
#25676 Old Yesterday at 1:00 AM
Base game bars don't spawn bartenders, so it may have been cloned from one of those.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#25677 Old Yesterday at 1:13 AM
Mad Poster
#25678 Old Yesterday at 4:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample

I have that mod and can confirm that it does NOT work with cloned bars - only the three Maxis ones that Lord Darcy mentions in the description. Is it hard to update the cloned bars? Is there a tutorial around somewhere that shows what to do in SimPE?
Field Researcher
#25679 Old Yesterday at 6:33 AM
Is there a limit to the number of uploads you can submit at a time?
Alchemist
#25680 Old Yesterday at 8:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief Managed
Is there a limit to the number of uploads you can submit at a time?

I don't think so, but if you overload the moderators, things will be slow.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#25681 Old Yesterday at 8:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
I have that mod and can confirm that it does NOT work with cloned bars - only the three Maxis ones that Lord Darcy mentions in the description. Is it hard to update the cloned bars? Is there a tutorial around somewhere that shows what to do in SimPE?

At least I have the Maxis ones fixed...Frustrating that creators don't always say WHAT their thing is cloned from. And also what EP their item uses: like great retro refrigerators that don't have the "leftover" function, but nothing in the description tells you that.

Namaste... or "go"
Alchemist
#25682 Old Yesterday at 10:48 AM
Default Fence with arch
I have a building where I cunningly combined arches with a fence, but the fence becomes invisible when I exit the lot and re-enter it. You can see that part of the lot in the attached picture.

Does anyone know a way to get around this? Otherwise there's no point having both...well, except so sims don't go too close to the edge.
Screenshots

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#25683 Old Yesterday at 12:25 PM
Quote:
Lord Darcy gives a link in that post to a MATY tutorial where she shows how to upgrade custom bars.
Mad Poster
#25684 Old Yesterday at 4:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelflaed
I have a building where I cunningly combined arches with a fence, but the fence becomes invisible when I exit the lot and re-enter it.

Beautiful build there, aelflaed!
I think the problem is because those arches are actual arches - meant to be set in walls and walked through (you placed them with cheats on, didn't you?)
If that is in fact the case, then you are confusing the game... You would need to use deco/CC arches like these, from HL. Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#25685 Old Yesterday at 5:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Lord Darcy gives a link in that post to a MATY tutorial where she shows how to upgrade custom bars.

Thanks, but that's way too complicated for me. I'll just live without it.
Mad Poster
#25686 Old Yesterday at 5:26 PM
Does anyone know if memories in a pixel's life are by year or event? Because I'm wonder if they can be figured out for when they occurred-like years.
I know there are certain 'markers' that you can pin down, but the others? Not so much.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#25687 Old Yesterday at 5:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
At least I have the Maxis ones fixed...Frustrating that creators don't always say WHAT their thing is cloned from. And also what EP their item uses: like great retro refrigerators that don't have the "leftover" function, but nothing in the description tells you that.
Because they were created before the EPs that added those functionalities?  They can't list features from future EPs that their item doesn't use.
Theorist
#25688 Old Yesterday at 6:14 PM
@FranH
Just to be sure do you "by age" when talking about "year"?
Top Secret Researcher
#25689 Old Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
Does anyone know if memories in a pixel's life are by year or event? Because I'm wonder if they can be figured out for when they occurred-like years.
I know there are certain 'markers' that you can pin down, but the others? Not so much.

There's nothing time-based about memories, aside from them being added always at the end.
Lab Assistant
#25690 Old Today at 1:08 AM
OMG y'all I am so excited! I decided my weekend project was going to be getting The Sims 2 to work on my new gaming PC that I built a few months ago and, it actually works! (knock wood it wasn't just some kind of fluke, lol)

This was the PC I built: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/edit/?userbuild=sW6RsY

All I ended up having to do to get the game to work, was install the 4G patch and run the Graphics Rule Maker with the "disable texture memory estimate adjustment" box checked. So much gratitude to all the people who worked on figuring out the issues and made videos and tutorials and tools to help.

Now I have to decide if I want to import some or all of my cc from the old install, or start fresh, etc. etc. -- and where to store it. Which brings me to the reason I placed this in stupid/random -- anyone got advice or suggestions on cc for a modern gaming PC in 2k?

The game actually looks surprisingly good unmodded for an old game in 2k, but I'm sure we can improve upon that! *rubs hands*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25691 Old Today at 2:03 AM
@SparkySays we need an account there to see your pc build, can you copy and paste it in here?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#25692 Old Today at 2:13 AM
Quote:
Thanks, but that's way too complicated for me. I'll just live without it.

@grammapat
I'm not sure which bars you're wanting, but couldn't you go at it the other way? Clone a bar that works the way you want and just swap the mesh/textures/whatever it is you want from a bar you want?

I've actually never noticed any bars not spawning bartenders. Is that still true in UC or maybe I just never tried those bars....
Mad Poster
#25693 Old Today at 2:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
Because they were created before the EPs that added those functionalities?  They can't list features from future EPs that their item doesn't use.

Well, yes of course. I don't know what EP added leftovers, or when it came out. So maybe I SHOULD be the one to add a comment to that fact.

Namaste... or "go"
Page 1028 of 1028