Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 8:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How Do I Install Mods?
Hey, I was wondering how to install mods on TS3, I have all EPS, but not all SPS, how do I install mods?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:04 PM
Is there any tutorial on this website?
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:13 PM
Not sure what happened in here...but this >http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:15 PM
I mean mods like NRAAS
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:18 PM
It's the same thing. It's literally the same thing. You set up a folder and put a text file in it, and you're good to go. It's as simple as that. It's not rocket science.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:20 PM
Ok! Imma try it!
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:22 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 26th Aug 2017 at 9:42 PM.
Now I know what happened lol.

Ok here goes. "Mods" is a blanket term used to describe player created content. This includes "CC", custom content. However, players tend to differentiate between the two, "mods" being the ones that alter gameplay, like the nraas, the ones you want to install and "cc" content that affects the appearances of sims like clothing, accessories, etc. Technically they are the same in that, if you use packages instead of sims3packs they get installed and loaded into the game the same way. Typically mods go into the "overrides" folder and packages (like clothes) into the "packages" folder which if you read the wiki, will be explained
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:25 PM
Sorry but not sorry but still a teeny tiny bit sorry for being rude.
Glad you figured it out quickly though.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:25 PM
It does not work...I have the mods in the packages folder, the Resources cfg file...what do I do?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Now I know what happened lol.

Ok here goes. "Mods" is a blanket term used to describe player created content. This includes "CC", custom content. However, players tend to differentiate between the two, "mods" being the ones that alter gameplay, like the nraas, the ones you want to install and "cc" content that affects the appearances of sims like clothing, accessories, etc. Technically they are the same in that, if you use packages instead of sims3packs they get installed and loaded into the game the same way. Typically mods go into the "overrides" folder and packages (like clothes) into the "packages" folder which if you read the wiki, will be explained
Ok, I did that, but it still does not work!
Scholar
#11 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGamer675
Do I make it?

You create the overrides folder. tbh it can be called whatever you like but "overrides" is best for organization. What the game really cares about is the resource.cfg its kind of like a target. As long as its in the folder that where the game is going to look for mods

this is in the wiki but basically:
"Mods" folder is INSIDE "Sims 3" folder.
Package & overrides folders are INSIDE "Mods folder" folder

inside your package and overrides folder you can organize your content to, I suggest, 1 folder in.

So for example
Sims 3 > Mods (RESOURCE.cfg should be in here)> Packages (& Overrides) > Hair (this is the "1 folder in") > (a bunch of hairs you downloaded)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:56 PM
You create the overrides folder. tbh it can be called whatever you like but "overrides" is best for organization. What the game really cares about is the resource.cfg its kind of like a target. As long as its in the folder that where the game is going to look for mods

this is in the wiki but basically:
"Mods" folder is INSIDE "Sims 3" folder.
Package & overrides folders are INSIDE "Mods folder" folder

inside your package and overrides folder you can organize your content to, I suggest, 1 folder in.

So for example
Sims 3 > Mods (RESOURCE.cfg should be in here)> Packages (& Overrides) > Hair (this is the "1 folder in") > (a bunch of hairs you downloaded)
It doesn't work, not the packages file, NRAAS. I made the overrides folder, but the NRAAS command just wont pop up. I put the NRAAS file in overrides too.
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:01 PM
It doesn't work, not the packages file, NRAAS. I made the overrides folder, but the NRAAS command just wont pop up. I put the NRAAS file in overrides too.

Ok, first are the folders "unzipped" as in are the mods you downloaded taken out of the compression/archive folder
or did you just download the mod and immediately move the download to your mods folder?

next explain to me how you are attempting to access the nraas prompt in game

then explain to me how you have your folders set up and where exactly the nraas mods are placed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:04 PM
Ok, first explain to me how you are attempting to access the nraas prompt in game

then explain to me how you have your folders set up and where exactly the nraas mods are placed
Overrides at the top, Packages in the middle, and Resource.cfg at the bottom. I only have the base NRAAS mode, Master Controller. And answer 2 on your first question. NRAAS is in overrides folder, alone.
Scholar
#15 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:07 PM
Overrides at the top, Packages in the middle, and Resource.cfg at the bottom. I only have the base NRAAS mode, Master Controller. And answer 2 on your first question. NRAAS is in overrides folder, alone.

I revised my question
Are the folders "unzipped" as in are the mods you downloaded taken out of the compression/archive folder
or did you just download the mod and immediately move the download to your mods folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:09 PM
I revised my question
Are the folders "unzipped" as in are the mods you downloaded taken out of the compression/archive folder
Unzipped and put it into the overrides folder.
Scholar
#17 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:13 PM
Ok well it sounds like everything should be working as far as placement. I'm not an expert on game updates or computer specs. My only question now is how exactly are you trying to get to the nraas prompt in game. It should be accessible from a computer or the town hall
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:20 PM
Ok well it sounds like everything should be working as far as placement. I'm not an expert on game updates or computer specs. My only question now is how exactly are you trying to get to the nraas prompt in game. It should be accessible from a computer or the town hall
It is not there.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:26 PM
Did you delete the cache files after installing NRAAS? In your The Sims 3 folder you should delete the cache files named CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache and socialCache, whenever you change something in your mods folder.
Scholar
#20 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:27 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 26th Aug 2017 at 10:37 PM.
It is not there.

NVM
Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:34 PM
The base module has full functionality. I know, because I use my NRaas mods WITHOUT any expansion modules. Clicking on a Sim, an object, a computer or City Hall should reveal the NRaas pie menu.

insert signature here
Scholar
#22 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
The base module has full functionality. I know, because I use my NRaas mods WITHOUT any expansion modules. Clicking on a Sim, an object, a computer or City Hall should reveal the NRaas pie menu.

Aww welp nvm.

Well OP, I suggest reading the wiki here and the FAQ for whatever Nraas mod you download. There's likely a hiccup somewhere you may not be accounting for.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#23 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:22 PM
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 12:16 AM
At the risk of this thread turning into a dogpile...

1 - Get rid of your current Mods folder entirely.
2 - Download the Framework from here to some other location like your Desktop. Unzip it and place the resulting Mods folder into your TS3 game folder in Documents. It should look just like the illustrations provided, except for some differences around the edges due to different operating systems (Win 7 is shown, but that doesn't matter).
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
3 - Delete the scriptCache.package file in your game folder as described prior.

4 - The provided download comes with Resource.cfg and everything already in the right places. It also includes two small sample mods for testing, NoIntroMovie and NoBuildSparkles, already in Packages. Startup and see if the EA Intro Movie is indeed suppressed and see that you get a popup indicating that the two script mods have been found. If so, then everything is working.

5 - Quit that game, download NRaas MasterController again, unzip it, and place it in Packages.
6 - Delete the scriptCache.package file again, startup, and look for the mod in-game.

Nothing should go into Overrides unless a mod developer has specifically said to put something in there. If it still isn't working, then perhaps provide us with the screenshots of the game folder, Mods, and Packages in detail view so we can see what you have where.
Page 1 of 3