Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATE (06/10/06) Default Replacements of SimCribbling’s New Skintones

by PattyMcPat2666 Posted 12th Nov 2005 at 5:42 PM - Updated 11th Jun 2006 at 12:29 AM by PattyMcPat2666

240 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 225 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Test Subject
#76 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 9:52 PM
Thanks so much- no rush.. good luck on your finals!!!!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 1:16 AM
Yeah I always wanted this. Thanks for addressing this, but please take your time though.

-Vlad

SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS
SEASON III - JULY 2009
SBN 2 HD Eyewitness News, premieres in July 2009, take part in the premiere and visit www.sbn2.com for more information.
Test Subject
#78 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 7:07 PM
wonderfull! are really realistic and looks really sexy lol ^^ *giving a thnx*
Test Subject
#79 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 4:08 AM
I'm still trying to find a way around my problem. Only the Tan skintones seem to be showing up.. =I

Any advice?

I've been through my Skintones folder, double-checking to be sure that I don't have any other custom defaults.. nothing. =I
Test Subject
#80 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 4:45 AM
I’m having problems too…
Quote: Originally posted by SeaZephyr
Ok, am I the only one having problems downloading these properly? No one else has said anything about it.

The downloads don’t finish completely… And I find myself with a corrupted file on my computer… Is there a problem, do I need an Windows update on my PC or something, it really bothers me, and I see that another person had the same problem…

Please, anyone, help!!! :mad:
Test Subject
#81 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 7:01 AM
first time using replacement defaults, but i couldn't resist these :yippee:
so I'm off to test them out now!

thanks!!
Test Subject
#82 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 8:07 AM
i am having some problems with these skins. I have two sims in College right now and two of the fellow dorm mates have turned completely black, every so often they'll fade back to themselves but they would be naked (this turns into their every day outfit). This hasn't happened before I installed these default skin tones.
Time to work your magic
Test Subject
#83 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 7:36 AM
There is a strange problem with these skin tones, they look fantastic, but the original maxis hair meshes don’t seem to fit with SimCribbling’s skins. If there’s a way to fix this, please let me know, because I love these skins, but I’m a perfectionist and can’t live with a flaw like that.
#84 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 1:02 PM
How do I get the default skintones back?
Test Subject
#85 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 1:48 PM
One problem. I had put a replacement default medium skintone few weeks before I put your default medium skintone. And yours isn't working. I know it's just a matter of deleting the old file, but I can't remember it's name... :/
But hey, I just want to tell you GREAT WORK, you're genius-I've never seen better skins! :D
Test Subject
#86 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 4:28 PM
It's me again. Although I have deleted the old file, your medium default skintone does not work anyway.
Maybe... maybee... beee... I have no idea what to do now. Maybe I should cry.
Test Subject
#87 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 11:39 PM
I tried to use the newly added Dark Tan as my default tan, and it doesn't work. It replaces the Maxis dark skintone. I think you should test the dark tan as default tan again because there seems to be a problem. Also, I can't use the dark tan as my default tan and the dark as my default dark because the dark tan doesn't override the Maxis tan like it should.
Test Subject
#88 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by laurealasse
I tried to use the newly added Dark Tan as my default tan, and it doesn't work. It replaces the Maxis dark skintone. I think you should test the dark tan as default tan again because there seems to be a problem. Also, I can't use the dark tan as my default tan and the dark as my default dark because the dark tan doesn't override the Maxis tan like it should.

u cant use the dark tan as ur default tan. it says so in the download link that the dark tan will be used as the default dark. maybe u got a little confused with the way it was named
example:
Default Dark (Dark Tan).zip
This is a dark tan file (in parenthesis) that will be used as default dark.
Test Subject
#89 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 7:15 AM
the medium default dont work for me too, for some reason it won't finish downloading. but i think the problem's with my comp, does this happen to other people too?
Test Subject
#90 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 7:22 AM Last edited by TreasureHunter : 27th Dec 2005 at 7:42 AM.
Could you please make a file like this: Default Medium (Tan).zip. This is because the light colors are close together but there are big differences between the darker ones. You are so great! Thank you for sharing :D

I WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!! OR DIE TRYING!!!
Test Subject
#91 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 12:23 AM
Thanks so much. They all look pretty in my game.
Test Subject
#92 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 0peachy0
the medium default dont work for me too, for some reason it won't finish downloading. but i think the problem's with my comp, does this happen to other people too?

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. I corrected this problem by downloading the file on to a different location like a diskette or USB flash disk instead of downloading it on to the desktop. I hope this will help.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 1:35 AM
Well it turns out these skintones work great on my new computer while it didn't for my laptop. I think maybe it had something to do with the video card I had in there.
Test Subject
#94 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:45 AM
I love these skin tones but have run into a problem. Infants born from two existing Sims have the body skin on their face (looks like a baby's head to one side) and a 3rd eye in their forehead. So far, it goes away once the kid toddlerfies. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks again! My Sims look oh so much more natural.
Test Subject
#95 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 7:33 AM
I haven't uploaded these to my computer or used them in the game yet, but they look incredible. I have a quick question. Which file is the tan default you replaced with dark tan as requested? You have two files named Default Dark (Dark Tan).zip but none named Default Tan (Dark Tan).zip. Does that make sense?
Test Subject
#96 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 9:48 AM
oh, very nice, i looked exactly for something like this - thanks!

and if you go
i wanna go with you
and if you die
i wanna die with you
take your hand and walk away...

http://lizZa.rockz.de
Test Subject
#97 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 8:19 PM
Default hmmm
I'm not seeing Dark tan as the default tan, just as the default dark... twice??
Thanks for doing these, though!
Test Subject
#98 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 3:54 PM
I love these skins they are wonderful as defaults. Many thanks!

Be mesmerised by my dancing kitty!
Test Subject
#99 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 1:06 PM
It's so beautiful

Mooi!!
Test Subject
#100 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 4:49 AM
awsome.
Page 4 of 10