Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soloe_nlt
I followed every step of this but after finishing my garage, the driveway still "Flyes" over the downway.

After getting a little bit frustratet cause i didnt find a solution for that, i allmost give in. But i finaly found out, that by selling the driveways and then click on UNDO, the driveway will be shown corect. So if annyone else got that problem, maby that will be a solution.

The may be explained by a temporary graphical glitch, in which that the graphica is not graphically corrected while the change is already made.
This can also happen to diagonal walls with boolprop constrainfloorelevation false, just the same fix. May also try to "save" the lot or reload it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 5:57 PM
Thanks, downloading now, I hope I can figure it out =P
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 2:51 PM
It was soo helpful! Thank you so much!
It works fine!
@ soloe_nlt: You have the same result just by changing the colour. I always use the "normal" driveway and after I finished the building, I switch to the transparent one, I downloaded here at mts2.
Instructor
#29 Old 5th May 2006 at 2:08 AM
Thank you Hexameter!

I saw a basement garage house for the first time today on TSR and there was a credit to you for the tutorial so I came looking for it and am glad I found it!
Test Subject
#30 Old 18th May 2006 at 11:34 AM Last edited by Dalairen : 18th May 2006 at 12:47 PM.
This tute ends up my work with big luxury house for big family in my story and with a little house for Chester Geeke.ThanX a lot)

I'm really the one of those crasy dudes who read forums FAQs before any move around.)))
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 5:55 AM
Thanks alot for the help, I dont think I could have ever figured that out!
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 9:36 AM
Thanks a thousand times,

Very, very usefull tutorial !!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 2:47 PM
Thanks. I had attempted to build one once before with no success, but this really cleared up some of the blurry details.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:23 AM
Hey thanks this is so great! and i will theak this to in my game!!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:24 AM
thanks i didn't know enny more how to work whit ".. flooreluvation .." And I'm not blond!!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hexameter
Answering a request (PM) I want offer a tutorial with pictures how to make basement garages by yourself.
It is in Wordformat because I guess it should be the easiest way someone could edit it for the personal use.
As I don't like to do always the same steps starting to build a house and do the puzzle to find the right hight of the basement I made the attached samples for my own use. Maybe others would use them too as starting point for new buildings. Much fun and success.

hexameter

The filenames describe their content.

Hey im new to Q-Xpress where will this download tutorial go if i use it on Q-Xpress help plz
Test Subject
#37 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:28 AM
Oh my god! this tutorial just saved my life!

Thank you soooo much!!!
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 8:11 PM
My saviour I could kiss you
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jmaster3265
Hey im new to Q-Xpress where will this download tutorial go if i use it on Q-Xpress help plz

As this is a tutorial in Word-format you should download it without Q-Xpress. Extract the Zip-file to a separate folder on your hard disc. Then you can open it with word or a word file viewer to read. If you use Q-Xpress I think it will go to downloads, but I don't know exactly. So have a look there and move it elsewhere because it's no game object and not needed for the game, of course.
I hope this will help you.
hexameter
Mad Poster
#40 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 11:34 PM
With QExpress they go in a folder named download IN THE QXPRESS PROGRAM FOLDER

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by patul
With QExpress they go in a folder named download IN THE QXPRESS PROGRAM FOLDER

Thank you for the information, patul! I never used QExpress, so this is very helpful for me, too.
hexameter
Forum Resident
#42 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 8:38 PM
Cheers Hexameter!, this is very useful - I'm currently spending a bit more at home with the Sims & experimenting with different building techniques!... Thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share with us - brilliant!.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#43 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 11:03 AM
Hello
I'd tryed to make this and i did everything what the staps sayd but it didn't work so what did i do wrong?

Greetings From the Netherlands
Mad Poster
#44 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 1:40 PM Last edited by patul : 21st Dec 2006 at 1:46 PM.
read this post : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=164641
Where is exactly you problem ?
Are you using the radiance or a special light program ?

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 9:02 PM
well patul

i don't know for sure what you mean about the radiance or special light program(don't understand everything). and my problem is that in the picture you see that the driveway walking down but i don't get that i don't really know how to explain or how to put a picture in this message. maybe if some can explain that i will show a picture so you can see the problem
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 9:43 PM
if i make it
in the end the driveway fly's
is not walking down with the floor
Test Subject
#47 Old 5th May 2007 at 2:43 PM
Danke. This has helped me a lot with my under ground car park that goes with a house.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 10:57 PM
I'm hoping somebody can help me! I've tried this so many times already, but I get hung up on step 5: Put the parking place in the empty garage. The extension piece will not lie flat - it automatically brings the basement floor up to be even with the driveway. I can't get it to stay as a basement. What am I doing wrong? Help!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 7:43 AM
lol, good I didn't start building before I read this! Thank you, I hope it works ("I hope I can do it right") (:
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvalphvle
I'm hoping somebody can help me! I've tried this so many times already, but I get hung up on step 5: Put the parking place in the empty garage. The extension piece will not lie flat - it automatically brings the basement floor up to be even with the driveway. I can't get it to stay as a basement. What am I doing wrong? Help!!

Try and have a look at post #25 and #26! ...Hope this will help you!
Page 2 of 3