Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 9:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default cc.merged
Hey guys, i'm trying to clear some space in my drive, so I was wondering, since I have (and don't plan to have again) store content, is it okay to delete my ccmerged.package in the DCBackup?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 11:50 PM
If you delete the ccmerged file from DCBackup, then NONE of your TS3 store premium items will work. These are items that add functionality to the game, such as basketball courts, pizza ovens, baby dragons, etc. as opposed to restylized furniture and CAS parts.

I understand that you don't right now intend to have any store content at all, but really how large can that file be? I own a pretty good portion of the store and mine is only 18 KB, which is next to nothing in terms of size. Store content doesn't usually impede game performance, by the way. At least not the extent that it should be distressing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
NOOO never delete that file!

I know what it's for, but I don't use store content, is it still a no?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
If you delete the ccmerged file from DCBackup, then NONE of your TS3 store premium items will work. These are items that add functionality to the game, such as basketball courts, pizza ovens, baby dragons, etc. as opposed to restylized furniture and CAS parts.

I understand that you don't right now intend to have any store content at all, but really how large can that file be? I own a pretty good portion of the store and mine is only 18 KB, which is next to nothing in terms of size. Store content doesn't usually impede game performance, by the way. At least not the extent that it should be distressing.

I wanted to delete it mostly because I don't have much space and my computer is old, I wanted to take off some of the steam
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 2:04 PM
So you want to delete a file that is 8k in size...

you trolling?

No dude, I'm for real haha i'm deleting a lot of small sized files because together they take a lot of space
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 3:07 PM
You would have to delete over 5,500 files of this size in order to maybe save 100 MB. Or over 550 of them to maybe save 10 MB. One file of that size is negligible no matter how tight you are on disk space. Just how tight are things in that regard?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You would have to delete over 5,500 files of this size in order to maybe save 100 MB. Or over 550 of them to maybe save 10 MB. One file of that size is negligible no matter how tight you are on disk space. Just how tight are things in that regard?

Well I really thank your reply because I was going to delete it and I didn't. I had maybe 5gb free space in the SSD, but I realized I had a lot of duplicates of cc so I deleted those and now I'm around 45.5gb free disk space
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 9:05 PM
Yeah, that might explain your pie menu lag.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 11:26 PM
you deleted 40GB of duplicate CCs?

I had duplicates in my computer but not my game. I was playing with around 1.5gb of downloads (only house lots) but I deleted the files in my desktop and the SSD got 45.5gb of free space afterwards. The duplicates were not in the game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yeah, that might explain your pie menu lag.

But they weren't in my game, they were duplicates on the computer's desktop, not assigned to the game. I had only 1,5gb in downloads and no packages or mods at the moment in game
Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 8:42 PM
If you don't have any Store content, you can delete it, but I see no reason to because it's very small. If you do delete it, it will get recreated in case you reinstall Store content. Alternatively, there are complete ccmerged files available online that you can use if your own gets corrupted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
If you don't have any Store content, you can delete it, but I see no reason to because it's very small. If you do delete it, it will get recreated in case you reinstall Store content. Alternatively, there are complete ccmerged files available online that you can use if your own gets corrupted.

Thank you!