Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

neighborhood view fix: see whole neighborhood v1.0

by snappledude21 Posted 10th Oct 2004 at 11:29 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 3:04 AM by porkypine

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 254 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 11
Test Subject
#176 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 10:59 AM
Ok well i've looked through all the comments and saw that one person asked the same question as me, but no one ever answered her. I put this in and did everything as it said and my entire neighbourhood is a light blue/sky colour. I need this hack as i have downloaded a really good neighbourhood that i have plans for and it was built on the basis of this hack. So i need it to be able to see the majority of my neighbourhood. Could someone please get back to me. I'd appreciate it if you did. Thanks.

Elmo
Test Subject
#177 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 6:21 PM
I added this to my game, but it does not seem to work! ^^; Can you give me a little help, please? Ethier way, this appears to be a very useful tool! Thank you for creating it!
Regards,
Nicole Wagner: The Deadly Gambit
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 9:36 AM
I've tried this camera hack twice and both times it kills the neighbourhood view so that all you see is a plain blue screen with no options. a shame, because i really needed this camera idea.

"Son, you've got a panty on yo haid..." Raisin' Arizona
Test Subject
#179 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:07 PM
for some reason. every time i go on to a neighborhood the screen just goes blue and i cant see my neighborhood. can some one please help
Test Subject
#180 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 6:49 PM
I downloaded this file. I copied the original file from te camera folder and pasted it to my desktop to save it. I deleted the original from the camera folder then pasted this file to that folder. My neighborhood maps are now sky blue. Did I do something wrong? Please help.
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 6:55 PM
for some reason, this camera hack doesnt seem to work.

Test Subject
#182 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 12:03 AM
I got it to work. This is great, now I can see the whole neighborhood.
#183 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 4:49 AM
So Joybear, what did you do to get it to work, as I am having the same problem as everyone else........blue everywhere???......Thanks??
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 6:56 PM
Works like a charm. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#185 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 12:45 AM
When I downloaded this a few days ago...it destroyed my game (same old "turns the whole neighbourhood blue"). Turns out it was due to my own dumbassness. I fixed my mistake and I love the new camera! If any of you who are having the same problem need help, please feel free to PM me... I can explain things fairly easy.
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 9:34 AM
i am also having that problem. how did you do it?

Test Subject
#187 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 5:18 AM
FINALLY! I APPLAUD YOU! I'm calm now. Thank you!
Test Subject
#188 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 2:04 AM
Ok, I still don't understand how to put this in my game. I downloaded it into my download folder, move it to the camera folder and then took the old file out and put in another folder so I could keep it. All I get is a blue screen. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for helping me.
Field Researcher
#189 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 4:11 PM
Ok, I figured it out - at least my mistake - the idiot that I am I forgot to rename the file to just neighborhoodcamera.txt cause when you download it, the full name is MTS something negh.camera.txt - that solved it - went to camera folder of course.
Test Subject
#190 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 12:57 AM
It's doesn't work!!! I can see more than before????
Test Subject
#191 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 2:41 AM Last edited by mightypinky : 25th Jan 2006 at 2:43 AM. Reason: miss something
Please please please!!! I need help!!!! How can it work!!! it's all blue, I saved my old camera, put and rename the new one in the good folder. But all is blue!!! I want this camera to have big neighborhood, so please somebody answer me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm french canadian, so I'm good in english but not that good so be really specific or french would be good. :salute:
Field Researcher
#192 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 11:13 AM
Okies - try this:

Download the file - you get the file named:
MTS2_snappledude21_NeighborhoodCamera.txt

Change the name of the file to:
NeighborhoodCamera.txt

Go to:
C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Name)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Cameras
and find the file with the same name. Back it up (save in some other location) and then put the new file there (it will overwrite/replace the old file but it doesn't matter because you saved it somewhere else just in case).

That should work.
Test Subject
#193 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 9:46 AM
It's working now!!!!!! Thank you all!!!!!
Test Subject
#194 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 12:24 AM
Neighborhood view fix
I tried over and over again to download the fix but I kept getting can't find server message. what's the scoop?
Field Researcher
#195 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 1:46 AM
Works fine for me ... maybe the MTS2 server was overloaded, happens sometimes, just try again.
Test Subject
#196 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 8:00 PM
well, I saw this question two times before, but here goes nothing again:
I downloaded it, the neighborhood now works great and it looks awesome, but I now have the problem in the CAS screen. When I want to make a family all I see is clear blue (like what other people have in their neighbourhood, which I had earlier on too, but I fixed that) and I want to see what I'm doing frankly...
Field Researcher
#197 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 9:30 PM
I now get the blue screen, so help me NOW!
Please! What do I do now, because I get the blue screen.
Test Subject
#198 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 10:10 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but here it goes. I just installed Open For Business, and apparently this mod was overwritten. Is it compatible with OfB?
Field Researcher
#199 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 3:07 PM
That is expected actually (that it got overwritten), so if it worked fine with NL (and it does for me) I think there is no reason to think it won't with OFB. Just repeat the procedure really, save the new file to be safe somewhere and paste this mod.
Test Subject
#200 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 5:08 PM
oh good thanks for the info (yay, can get my families back from the edge)
Page 8 of 11