Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 11:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can I edit Sims in vacation worlds without traveling there?
I like to edit the lots in my vacation worlds (the World Adventures destinations as well as university).

I would like to do the same to the Sims that live in those worlds - edit their clothing, make sure their Outerwear is a good match for the world.

I've been able to do it by sending a Sim on vacation or to university and then editing Sims using cheats, but I'd like to know if there is any way of doing it without sending a Sim there first.

I'm happy to use mods or cheats that would make this possible.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 1:06 PM
Dangit. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Thank you for the explanation!
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Mar 2022 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NellyStardust
I like to edit the lots in my vacation worlds (the World Adventures destinations as well as university).

I would like to do the same to the Sims that live in those worlds - edit their clothing, make sure their Outerwear is a good match for the world.

I've been able to do it by sending a Sim on vacation or to university and then editing Sims using cheats, but I'd like to know if there is any way of doing it without sending a Sim there first.

I'm happy to use mods or cheats that would make this possible.

have you tried inviting them over to visit before editing them?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2022 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOVIEblake
have you tried inviting them over to visit before editing them?

Sims visiting from foreign worlds are mini-sim representations of the full-fledged sims still back home. More to the point, they do not bring their wardrobes with them. It is not possible to bring a sim in that state into CAS or any of its subsets (like Plan Outfit) nor use MasterController clothing and CAS part related commands on them while they are mini-sims.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 17th Mar 2022 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Sims visiting from foreign worlds are mini-sim representations of the full-fledged sims still back home. More to the point, they do not bring their wardrobes with them. It is not possible to bring a sim in that state into CAS or any of its subsets (like Plan Outfit) nor use MasterController clothing and CAS part related commands on them while they are mini-sims.

Tourists? I do not think they can be edited, but visitors, yes... But, I don't think that is what the OP wants, as you must visit the world and befriend a Sim to be able to invite them to visit.
I think (dangerous on many levels) that a work around is to have the Sim visit the world, save and return home, or go to the next world... rinse and repeat. Then, I am pretty sure all Sims living in those world will show in Master Controller when clicking city hall, Sim, Advanced, Edit in CAS, and from that list is "Homeworld".

Whether you premake a world and Sims in it remotely, or (as I usually do) travel, save as, then edit things and/ or Sims as I come on them in that world, it would be time consuming.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2022 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Tourists? I do not think they can be edited, but visitors, yes.

In my experience, for whatever that's worth, there has never been any functional difference between tourists from foreign worlds and visitors from foreign worlds.