Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 11:34 AM
Default Purchasing Sims 4 games from Amazon?
I only have the sims 4 base game and I know I had to have an unused code because it made me use origin to download but I'm wondering, if I purchase used games from amazon, does origin make me type in the code online to download or can I download the game directly to my hard drive so I can use the used code? I purchased all sims 3 games from amazon and didn't have to use origin to install. Anyways, just looking for a friendly answer
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 1:36 PM
I do not think that it is possible to bypass Origin anymore. As long as you are connected to the internet, the game will try to contact them, and if contact is made, Origin will require the code and then force an update.
I believe there are those who update their game by disconnecting from the internet, thus bypassing Origin, but I do not know how that is possible.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 2:27 PM
I first acquired Sims 4 when they gave it away for free last year with the Origin client. I enjoyed the base game for a while, but I never put my own money into purchases until it appeared on Steam. Steam is okay. If not an ideal platform, it is a thousand times more gamer-friendly then the faceless, mindless evil algorithms of amazon, facebook, or google.