Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 23rd Aug 2017 at 1:24 PM. Reason: Sorting it in the right category

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Unable to start game (Service initialization error)
About a month ago when I went to play the Sims 3 I got this error (Unable to start game (Service initialization error (0x0175d824). I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game. That did not work so I uninstalled the game and deleted the game completely off my computer including deleting everything related to the sims from the Registry files and C drive. I tried running the game in admin also. no luck. I only have the original game installed at the moment and I am on a windows 10 desktop that has more then enough power to handle the sims. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end at the moment.
Thanks
C.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:12 PM
If you google there is a lot of information about this. One of several things that comes up.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...iled/td-p/65394
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
If you google there is a lot of information about this. One of several things that comes up.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...iled/td-p/65394

Thanks, I already looked at and tried pretty much everything that I could find on Google but will try it again What we do to play the sims!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:00 AM
Good luck! Hope you have success.
Alchemist
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:02 PM
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...iled-0x0175d824 - this person mentions the base game working after they reinstalled Origin. OP, are you starting the game from the Launcher or the TSRW.exe shortcut? This person says they're trying to run the game from the Launcher.

Another person got rid of the error by making the game run in windowed mode. Dunno if it's...advisable to post the link here, so I'll c/p their post:
Quote:
OKAY EVERYONE I GOT THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM LOL! IT TURNS OUT MY LAPTOP DOES NOT LIKE THE GAME VERY MUCH AS I DO SO IT PREVENTS THE GAME FROM LOADING WHEN IT GOES FULL SCREEN -_____-

SOLUTION:
GO to option.ini file on MY DOCUMENTS ELECTRONIC ARTS SIMS 3 FOLDER
RIGHT CLICK AND EDIT WITH NOTEPAD
LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING:

RESOLUTION ( Set the first two numbers the same with your device resolution and set the third number to 0 i.e 1366 768 0 )

if that does not work enough scroll down more and look for:

FULLSCREEN and set to 0 Smile

THEN SAVE!!!!
ROFL. HAPPY SIMMING!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 1:23 PM
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 7:20 AM
[QUOTE=cya9]About a month ago when I went to play the Sims 3 I got this error (Unable to start game (Service initialization error (0x0175d824). I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game. That did not work so I uninstalled the game and deleted the game completely off my computer including deleting everything related to the sims from the Registry files and C drive. I tried running the game in admin also. no luck. I only have the original game installed at the moment and I am on a windows 10 desktop that has more then enough power to handle the sims. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end at the moment.
Thanks
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cya9
About a month ago when I went to play the Sims 3 I got this error (Unable to start game (Service initialization error (0x0175d824). I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game. That did not work so I uninstalled the game and deleted the game completely off my computer including deleting everything related to the sims from the Registry files and C drive. I tried running the game in admin also. no luck. I only have the original game installed at the moment and I am on a windows 10 desktop that has more then enough power to handle the sims. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end at the moment.
Thanks
C.

Just reinstall the game it works for me.