Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 4:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Wall items routing issue
I have a house that I moved a new family into. The house is an EA pre-existing house that I added a second story to. I don't know if other Sims lived there previously; I used NRAAS' "Annihilate all" and purged the town of everyone before I started adding my new Sims. The problem is routing to interact with wall objects. I can't get anyone to use mirrors or the dart board. They can be standing right next to it (so no problem physically being able to get to it), but when I add an interaction (gussy up for mirror, play darts for dart board, etc), the Sim will run all the way to the edge of the lot on the street, then stamp their feet, get the "unroutable" bubble, stamp their feet again, then the queued interaction goes away. I have tried with multiple Sims, and with multiple mirrors (only one dart board on the lot). I have pretty much every NRAAS module installed, and I've never encountered this issue with other lots. What could be the possible issue, and a possible solution? TIA!

goderguy
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 5:27 AM
Is part of the roofing going down into that area? To check hit the up button until you can't anymore and see if any chunk of roofing is going into that area. If so that might be the problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LemonyLin
Is part of the roofing going down into that area? To check hit the up button until you can't anymore and see if any chunk of roofing is going into that area. If so that might be the problem.

Thanks for the tip. The dart board is outside, and the house has flat roofs, so that’s not the issue in my case. I love building, so I think I’ll demolish the lot and start from scratch. Thanks!

goderguy
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 8:27 PM
I've had that happen sometime ago, except it was doing it only on the walls parallel to the street for some reason. It was a flat roof building, so no roof in the way and no leftover stuck junk like social jigs, etc - and it was a building copied from another world where it worked fine. Still no idea what caused it, I think it just glitched. Resetting the lot about a billion times and demolishing and replacing from the library didn't fix it so in the end I just gave up and moved whatever I needed to the perpendicular walls. Are all walls in every direction borked for you?
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 9:20 PM
Somehow I posted in the wrong thread. Oops

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
I've had that happen sometime ago, except it was doing it only on the walls parallel to the street for some reason. It was a flat roof building, so no roof in the way and no leftover stuck junk like social jigs, etc - and it was a building copied from another world where it worked fine. Still no idea what caused it, I think it just glitched. Resetting the lot about a billion times and demolishing and replacing from the library didn't fix it so in the end I just gave up and moved whatever I needed to the perpendicular walls. Are all walls in every direction borked for you?

I already demolished the house and I’m building from scratch, but yes the walls with the mirrors and the dart board were parallel to the street. The lot was pre-existing in Lucky Palms, which I do know has known routing issues, but this is the first time I’ve encountered it. My new build is almost complete; I will see what happens when I move the family back in. Thanks!

goderguy
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 10:16 AM
The plot thickens - my glitched lot was also in LP. I wonder if it has something to do with that I believe it was an empty lot originally, the big one next to the cul-de-sac after all the Spanish Colonial houses. It's weird tho, cause I haven't had any major routing troubles with LP overall. Now I'm curious if it'll work after you rebuild it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
The plot thickens - my glitched lot was also in LP. I wonder if it has something to do with that I believe it was an empty lot originally, the big one next to the cul-de-sac after all the Spanish Colonial houses. It's weird tho, cause I haven't had any major routing troubles with LP overall. Now I'm curious if it'll work after you rebuild it.

It was one of the Spanish colonial houses across from the grocery store. Well, I rebuilt it, and same issue - mirrors and bookcases parallel to the street had routing issues. I rearranged everything and put all mirrors and bookcases on the perpendicular walls, and everything works great. I could have saved the time of rebuilding if I’d known that, but what an odd glitch.

goderguy
Instructor
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 10:24 PM
Definitely very weird - and in the same section of town... *cue X-files theme song* My last actively played lot was right next to it (bulldozed one of the houses) and didn't seem affected but now I'm trying to remember if it had anything placed actually on these walls that I've used. Might have to go back and check to make sure. Sorry you had to rebuild for nothing. Amazing tho that after 10 years or so things still manage to break in new and exciting ways
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 10:35 PM
What is the lot address? I can look in CAW and see if the routing is broken on that lot.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 11:01 PM
93 Sonora Way I believe.

goderguy
Scholar
#12 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 1:11 PM
Hmm, I looked...is this the right house? The address is 73 which is the closest I could find near the grocery.
I didn't find any broken routing on the lot of under it in the world.
I wonder what the cause was.
Screenshots

Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Hmm, I looked...is this the right house? The address is 73 which is the closest I could find near the grocery.
I didn't find any broken routing on the lot of under it in the world.
I wonder what the cause was.

Yes, that is the house. Almost didn't recognize it after I added the second story and did some remodeling of the first. Everything seems to work as it should with the mirrors and bookcases on the perpendicular walls instead of parallel.

goderguy