Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 4:57 AM Last edited by 310175 : 29th Apr 2020 at 5:09 AM. Reason: Wrong info

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CCMagic won't start
Ok, I updated to Windows 10 and everything worked out as I had it before except, CCMagic isn't working as it should.
I installed the Net framework thingy and the other two thingies (32bit and 64bit). It installs fine, it recognizes my sets, I can rebuild everything fine. And then next time I want to start it to organize things a little more, it won't start. I click on it, a second of the computer trying and then....nothing. I reinstalled a few times and it's the same every time.
CC is in the game, I just can't do anything with CCMagic anymore.

The Sims 3 folder is safe on my hard drive and not on OneDrive. I'm on 1.67 with Retail disks from before 2012.

Any ideas?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 5:35 AM Last edited by Mandelyn : 29th Apr 2020 at 5:56 AM.
I believe in the comments in the thread here http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-update-batman/ over at the Sims Asylum has something about Win 10. Can't remember off the top of my head but there are lots of good tips in the thread.
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 5:35 AM
Troubleshoot with Windows 10 and try running in compatibility mode with your old version of windows.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
I believe in the comments in the thread here http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-update-batman/ over at the Sims Asylum has something about Win 10. Can't remember off the top of my head but there are lots of good tips in the thread.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I forgot my password and the recovery function doesn't work.

How do I run CCMagic in compatibility mode? I ran it with Windows 7 before.

Thanks for the help!
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 7:41 PM
You should be able to right click on the program's icon and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and Windows will walk you through it.

I'm not guaranteeing this works, as I don't use CC Magic, but its what I had to do to make CAW work with Windows10.
It just seems to have a problem with some older programs.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st May 2020 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
You should be able to right click on the program's icon and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and Windows will walk you through it.

I'm not guaranteeing this works, as I don't use CC Magic, but its what I had to do to make CAW work with Windows10.
It just seems to have a problem with some older programs.

Thanks! That seems to be working!