Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 9:04 PM Last edited by dominatorex : 19th Mar 2015 at 1:44 PM.
[IMG][/IMG]
When you load simbot in CAS, use premade or your saved sims Load one of them according to your personal choice(age what you like, i used teen-elder) Instead to skin from the scratch your new simbot what will lead to hair without head effect very often.
Save simbot, exit CAS, reset simbot. Done.(Upgrade chipsolts by master controller/advanced/upgrade triat chips(1-7) /traits/change trait chips and give desired chips/function to your plumbot.
If you don`t want simbot-plumbot byt pure plumbot, remove occult plumbot symbol without reseting to keep fun&social functions enabled and working
Now he/she can interact with humans and you can customize simbot look again in cas.
p.s. make sure that your plumbot is on desired quality level before you add him/her occult symbol:symbot.
Because of adding 2nd occult symbol use nraas Hybrid mod along with Master Controller.

-Plumbot to human form without using occult symbol simbot-

testingcheatsenabled true, right click on plumbot,( master controller edit in cas,stylist whatever) enter in CAS,load your sim from saved/premade sims, save,exit cas, reset plumbot, voila, your fully functional plumbot reset plumbot. Enter in Master controller,upgrade trait slots in advanced to max 7, adjust traits(traits chips from there, give 7 chips, sentience,capacity to love.. as you wish and that`s it. Reset plumboid one more time just for case.
Even if plumbot`s quality was 10 ,display will show 0 and it`s not possible to change that(from to me unknown causes)
fun&social seems not shown correctly so 1st method is much more stable and 100% working. My plumbot can cast spells too xD
witchbot
And also, they can have babies xD lol

Maybe this will be helpful in future to someone
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:48 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I ran into some issues when removing simbot occult. My sim would always change into some random clothes and would have to start all over (trying to edit it again only worsened the problem). I finally gave up a decided to keep it a simbot/plumbot hybrid and just downloaded a mod that got rid of the wonky walk. Everything works fine except the quality is zero and no amount of tuneups will fix it.
#53 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:44 AM
Yes. There's two ways to make a sim looking plumbot...
Here's the other way:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=524529

Problem is when you travel, like from Oasis Landing back to where-ever... sometimes the plumbot becomes a regular sim, and sometimes they're trashed and become unplayable.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:45 AM
I haven't tried this yet and currently taking a break from TS3 but did anyone try the locomotion changer here? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=385612
Makes sense if you like the simbot walk style but do not want to get rid of it entirely, just for a few individual plumbots/etc. I'll get around to eventually trying it out since I actually love the simbots walk but also would like to try out a more advanced android using plumbots.

I think the locomotion changer has all the walk styles in the game. Once I had my witch son floating around the house like a ghost and the mom running like a fairy, it was really neat.
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 9:28 AM Last edited by ziondim : 29th Jun 2015 at 1:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by adaline_w
I don't know about everyone else but I ran into some issues when removing simbot occult. My sim would always change into some random clothes and would have to start all over (trying to edit it again only worsened the problem). I finally gave up a decided to keep it a simbot/plumbot hybrid and just downloaded a mod that got rid of the wonky walk. Everything works fine except the quality is zero and no amount of tuneups will fix it.

try this. you should choose your sim age as Adult and change the race or kind to Fairy and do the procedure as told in the post in time while you upgrade your simbot/plumbot with chips or the proper chips, the wonky walk will change like other normal sims " https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...03a&oe=561AEE36
Test Subject
#56 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rulue
Guuuuys! I found a way to make a plumbot who looks like a sim and can be edited in CAS. The only problem is, the way I managed to do this was making it a plumbot/simbot hybrid, so one would need Ambitions for this. You will need Master Controller, since it works mostly the same as the method this user posted.

First, you create the plumbot or buy it, either way works. Don't mess with trait chips yet, do this process first. Then you click the plumbot and select Master Controller > Intermediate > Occult: Add > Simbot.

I have all of the necessary expansions and I hav master controller, but I can't get all of the options to come up

click the plumbot and select Master Controller > Intermediate > Occult: Add

I have no occult: add (or occult anything) option after that
Field Researcher
#57 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Seth_Phoenix2000
I have all of the necessary expansions and I hav master controller, but I can't get all of the options to come up

click the plumbot and select Master Controller > Intermediate > Occult: Add

I have no occult: add (or occult anything) option after that

It sounds to me like you have the Master Controller base mod but not the Cheats module. You need Cheats to get the add Occult option.

Edit: I see neither post on the subject actually mentioned that despite both methods relying on it to work. It's possible the OP of both threads just assumed it was a base function of Master Controller, either that or they assumed that if you had one part of Master Controller you would have downloaded all the additional modules as well.
Test Subject
#58 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 12:12 PM
Default Re: How to make a plumbot look like a sim
Thanks! Now I can make Mettaton.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 4:04 AM
With this mod you can make Vocaloids and Utaus properly!
Another bug is that the game crashes soon after making the hybrid, so save often!
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 5:16 AM Last edited by supersoldado : 5th Apr 2017 at 12:22 AM.
EDIT: For some reason I don't know, I was able to travel with my Simdroid using this method, but now I can't :/ I don't know how to fix it right now... at least it worked twice.

I've been trying to be able to travel with my Simdroid and some bugs would stick, so I made some tests and I may have figured it out:
1)Create your plumbot, but DONT ADD ANY TRAIT CHIPS
2)Add the time traveler occult trait via Nraas: Master controller -> Nraas->MasterController->Intermediate->Occult: Add-> TimeTraveller
3)Edit the sim on CAS via Nraas: Master Controller -> Nrass->MasterController->Advanced->Edit On Cas
4)Edit Your plumbot as you like, but here's the first catch: REMOVE ALL THE PLUMBOT TRAITS. Since it's created with the time traveller basis, it'll have it's passive traits. from what I've noticed, the game will try to load the Standard traits BEFORE the chip traits, which causes the plumbot to transform back to a time traveler when you travel.
5)Save a copy of your Simdroid. (this step may be ignored. Some people complained that the next step may mess up you appearance, so it's better to have a copy of your simdroid before the worst could happen)
6)Remove the time traveler occult trait via Nraas: Master controller -> Nraas->MasterController->Intermediate->Occult: Remove-> TimeTraveller
P.S)My plumbot did't have any problems after the 6th step, but for a matter of precaution (and because that's how I did and worked for me), keep up with the next steps
7)Edit you plumbot via Bot Workshop if it didn't change it's appearance after step 6
8)Save you plumbot template once again. The reason I did this step is to try to prevent any kind of backlash the template saved by CAS would have in you plumbot, since it had the time traveler occult trait when you saved it. If you wish to delete the template saved in step 4, you select it, delete it and use the undo button to load the template you Sindroid had when it entered the editing room.
9)Your simdroid is finished. You may add the chip traits and tune it up as much as you like.

Things I notices after doing those steps: The simdroid quality wasn't stuck as it happened with many other people. Reason: Once you add a new hidden trait for any kind of sim, it loads it's characteristics (default traits, interections and displays), which virtually transform your Sim/plumbot in the new occult trait you add. With no chip traits and the default traits removed in CAS, I guess the game could do a clean load of the pulmbot characteristics.
You can time travel (didn't try to travel abroad, but i guess would also work): My simdroid didn't lose it's appearance and didn't become a time traveler after time traveling (kinda ironic ). One thing i noticed was my social interaction bar was stuck in 0. I simply removed all my chip traits and added them back and it was unstuck. traveling back in time didn't result in any problem.
No crashes... yet I think this way creates a clean Plumbot, no hibrids, and since there's no data conflict, the game don't crash (for this reasons at least XD)

I hope it works for you too
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 1:44 AM
Default Return home from The Future... ;-(
Guuuuys! I found a way to make a plumbot who looks like a sim and can be edited in CAS. The only problem is, the way I managed to do this was making it a plumbot/simbot hybrid, so one would need Ambitions for this. You will need Master Controller, since it works mostly the same as the method this user posted.

First, you create the plumbot or buy it, either way works. Don't mess with trait chips yet, do this process first. Then you click the plumbot and select Master Controller > Intermediate > Occult: Add > Simbot.

The appearance of the plumbot will change to that of an ordinary simbot. The trick is to turn it in a simbot because you can edit simbots in CAS without them reverting to a normal sim. Edit him or her in CAS however you like, be it with testing cheats enabled or master controller, either way is fine. Edit him or her to your liking, change the clothes, and everything. You may notice the background is the Create-A-Bot background. I recommend you DON'T change anything in the personality tab. I haven't tested enough to know what happens if you do, but it probably might conflict with the trait chips functionality.

Now, click on the plumbot again, Master Controller, Advanced, Reset Sim, otherwise your other sims won't be able to interact with the plumbot(plumdroid?) properly. Apparently you only have to do it once, but I haven't played for long. After you finish, you may remove the Simbot occult from MC the same way you added it. It will keep all the changes, and you will still be able to edit him or her in regular, sim CAS. You might keep it as well, though, if you want, but they will have to eat scrap and other simbot annoyances.. You will have to use your creator sim and select "upgrade trait chip slots" before you will be able to use the trait chips for some reason, but everything works fine afterwards!

He can do everything a plumbot can, the only difference is he looks like a sim :3

So far, the only problem I've experienced is that I can't get the "capacity to love" chip working for some reason. Huh. Time travel also makes him revert to...a human looking simbot? Rather unexpected, I guess.
--I followed the process in this post To a 'T' .. and was fine until My Sim and Newly created Plumbot/Simbot/looks like Sim returned home from The Future. The Hybrid No longer has Simbot in him, the needs changed to a regular Sim and no matter how many times I use NRAAS to Add back Occult Type : Simbot , it Never happens. ***Help !
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DavidNps
--I followed the process in this post To a 'T' .. and was fine until My Sim and Newly created Plumbot/Simbot/looks like Sim returned home from The Future. The Hybrid No longer has Simbot in him, the needs changed to a regular Sim and no matter how many times I use NRAAS to Add back Occult Type : Simbot , it Never happens. ***Help !

Simbot? You mean plumbot? simbots are something else.

Yes, it's a known glitch. The game checks the sims who are traveling and "fixes" the problems. Sometimes you can't even delete the corrupted plumbot.

You will also find that if you start with a human sim that has traits, the plumbot has those traits as well. Not sure why traits are in the SIMO file.

IMHO, this isn't worth it. The work around is to use the plumbot machine to turn them back into regular plumbots and then change back after traveling.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 7:04 AM
Mine loses its head when I try to set the outfits in CAS. The everyday one went fine, but then I went down the line to formal and she lost her head. She became an actual Airhead.

I am on Windows 8. I play SIMS 4 on a Surface Pro 4. I love it, runs beautifully.
I miss Sims 3, but not Error Code 12. Good Riddance.
I'm a football mom & play Sims with my little ones. I build, they wreck.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
In some instances, the trick with NRAAS MC doesn't work. If you remove the "time traveler" occult, they lose their head or face. In those instances, simply keep the time traveler occult. It won't really affect the game.

When you get this it's usually because the game has created an Everyday 2 outfit, check with MC > Basic > Outfit to make sure and change the droid back into Everyday 1 if it has, you can then use MC to remove Everyday 2.
Test Subject
#66 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 2:18 AM
Hmmm..... Can't seem to get them to download. Ah well, good thread with good info.

The skin is this one; http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_71be8a2d010110q7.html

For some reason, I didn't get the quality level bug. Strange.
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 4:12 AM
Well, with the New NRAAS MC+Cheats release...
1) create a plumbot.
2) click plumbot->NRAAS->MC->Advanced (or was it intermediate?) and add the "Time Traveler" occult trait. Sim gains human appearance.
3) with testingcheatsenabled, <Shift>+LeftClick the human looking plumbot ->edit in CAS.
4) Edit in CAS. Don't change from Everyday. And I hear don't change the gender. if the face disappears, just exit and redo step 3)
5) Remove the "Time Traveler" occult state added via Step 2.
Optional 6) Add to the plumbot sim bin via Click->Plumbot->NRAAS->Advanced->Edit in CAS. With the latest NRAAS, this now takes you to Create a Plumbot instead of Create a Sim. Add to bin the usual way.
Lot easier than mesing with SIMO files in S3Pe.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#68 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 1:05 PM
Does this work for you? With current version neither from Nraas-Edit in Cas nor from <Shift>-LeftClick it doesn't open human CAS but rather plumbot CAS is opened
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidalisova
Does this work for you? With current version neither from Nraas-Edit in Cas nor from <Shift>-LeftClick it doesn't open human CAS but rather plumbot CAS is opened

My bad... NRAAS MC+Cheats+Integration.
https://www.nraas.net/community/Mas...ler-Integration
Sorry. Two humble lessons already this morning and it's not even time to download Sims 4 Strangertown.

Sims are better than us.
Page 3 of 3