Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 11:24 AM Last edited by Simone95 : 2nd Feb 2020 at 11:51 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Getting the roofs right for a church
Hi everyone,

I want to make church appartments within the building style of my area, which includes a kind of "rounded" church back. Apparently, the Sims 2 is not made for that.

Screenshots:
Church Front
Church Back
Clipping Roof

The only roof that I found which fitted the back, was the eight-angled roof, but apparently it only goes in one height: this is the lowest one of them. I thought I'd just go with it, and find the matching height for the roof covering the body of the church. I found that height, but it's not good enough:
- The roof covering the body is too high: you can see the top sticking out behind the tower.
- The roof covering the body clips with the eight-angled roof: the end of the body-covering roof and the point of the eight-angled roof aren't placed on the same point.
- (Probably not solveable: ) The body-covering roof sticks "out of the tower" in a really ugly manner I had to make the roof one tile wider than the building in order to match the width of the eight-angled roof, so that of course doesn't help.

So: does anyone have any inspiration on how to solve my roof problem? I already tried placing multiple separate roofs at the back, but that really doesn't improve things. Or I did that wrong of course.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 11:48 AM
This is the game help section, you want the build help area. https://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=31&tc=Build%20Mode

You need to go advanced upload photos, but I need larger closer pictures as well as one with the roofs off and roof on one at a time.

Are you using the roof slope tool? And have you tried using a dummy level wall?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 11:54 AM Last edited by Simone95 : 2nd Feb 2020 at 12:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
This is the game help section, you want the build help area. https://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=31&tc=Build%20Mode

You need to go advanced upload photos, but I need larger closer pictures as well as one with the roofs off and roof on one at a time.

Are you using the roof slope tool? And have you tried using a dummy level wall?

Oops :x I will repost this thread over there! Thank you!

EDIT: I didn't see the huge drag-and-dropbox *facepalm*. I will change that too :')

EDIT: I'm using the individualroofslopeangle cheat, but I don't know what you mean by a dummy level wall.