Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 7:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can you run a restaurant/diner home business?
I really want to play a family which runs a bar/diner on the ground floor with their home on the 1st floor. Is that even possible?

I bought Flik's bar from MTS, placed the reservation table and made kitchen like it's supposed to be for a functional restaurant and in the end changed lot zoning. When I moved my sims the gameplay button was gray and the sims are nowhere to be found.
Then I pulled the bar from the bin again and deleted the old one but this time removed the stew and zhe reservation table. When I moved the sims again, it happened the same.
This time tried without any objects. Still the same problem.
My last plan is to make new sims and try to move them. Hope it works.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 9:12 PM
You need to make residential lot and keep mailbox and trashcan, change to commercial and build restaurant. When done, change back to residential and move sims in.
Inventor
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 12:18 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 12:58 AM
Be aware that on a residential lot that your restaurant my spawn a server, host and chef and that you may not be able to get rid of them and if they do spawn they will stay and work 24/7. Or you may be able to use move objects and delete them and find either the stove or podium can't be used. So be prepared to exit and reload since you want no NPC and usable items.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Be aware that on a residential lot that your restaurant my spawn a server, host and chef and that you may not be able to get rid of them and if they do spawn they will stay and work 24/7. Or you may be able to use move objects and delete them and find either the stove or podium can't be used. So be prepared to exit and reload since you want no NPC and usable items.

Yeah the spawned but they work for free, right? I deleted the chef, waiter and host since my restaurant is meant to be humble leaning to country. But It's extremely hard to have 3 jobs lead by two people, I hope they spawn again after I load my family lol.