Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 9:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Need ideas for organizing my game folders
I have 7 save game folders. I play a lot of themed games: stone age, medieval, Victorian, modern, etc. I put each one in a separate folder so that I only have downloads for that particular theme to keep from getting such a huge downloads folder. But each of those seven folders has all six Maxis hoods. If I delete some of those hoods will the game replace them the next time I start up the game with that folder? (I do occasionally play all the Maxis hoods also but not in every folder.)

Does anyone have any other suggestions for ways to organize?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 10:28 PM
Go into your game folder in the "My Documents" folder where you play it from and where your downloads are saved (in 'The sims 2' folder); and delete the maxis' hoods.
Just keep the saved themed hood that you want.
Not, the game won't automatically re-load the other hoods.
That just happens when generating a brand new "The Sims 2" folder.
Hope that helps.
Your themed hoods sound interesting !! :D

" Inama Nushif "
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 11:54 PM
@Tleilaxu3 - Thanks for the reply. Have another question. Can you transfer a hood folder from one game folder to another? I found a folder of backed up games that were transferred from an older computer. Some of those hoods no longer exist in any of my game folders. I have previously only replaced a corrupted game with one of it's backups. But I thought the NeighborhoodManager might not be able to handle a hood number that had never been created in that folder.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 12:11 AM
yes, you can. Be sure there is no hood in there with the same number and delete the manager file before load up. It regenerates and takes on the new hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 1:00 AM
What joeandsarah said.... thanks !

" Inama Nushif "
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 1:40 AM
Thank you so much!! That is a lot easier than what I was thinking I might have to do.