Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 9:25 AM Last edited by Lovelypari : 2nd Apr 2020 at 11:05 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Video card <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> SIMS 2 config folder?
Hi.
So I will try to make it as simple as I can so it doesnt sound so confusing. I used to play The sims 2 four years back with ALL EPs installed and IKEA Home stuff, Mansion&Garden, Kitchen and bath Interior Design and H&M stuff packs installed as well. I had LOTS of CC- and I never encountered any sort of lagg, game crash or anything. Everything worked great.

This year I re-installed The sims 2 with the same EPs and SPs that i had installed previously and also i added the SAME CC folder to my DOWNLOADS- (i added nothing new)

But this time I am having this issue, whenever i am buying clothes for my sims, just 3 mins into browsing the clothes, my game says "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate"

I also scanned my Downloads using Delphy Organiser program. I deleted all broken files, orphans and duplicates. But still the game crashes
I also tried the "4gb patch" method - but still no luck or maybe I am just doing it wrong??? because its soooo confusing
Anyway, back to the point now. I just noticed that my config folder says that my video card is not found on database.
Here is the message:
Log generated on 3/30/2020, 17:25

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 5034.399902Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 4052MB
Free memory: 1396MB
User: user
Computer: DESKTOP-JJRIV82
=== Sound device info ===
Name: Unknown
Driver: Unknown
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 104a, Board: 104a10de, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumd.dll, Version: 23.21.13.8813, GUID: D7B71E3E-530A-11CF-0351-47301BC2DA35
Driver version: 8813
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.782608, 16:9
Screen mode: 1366x768x32BPP,60Hz
Texture memory: 4024MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See? it says NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>. Is that supposed to be like that or no. Could this be causing my game to crash???
GUYS please help me out of this

here are my computer specs in case you guys wanna know
Processor:Intel(R)Core(TM)i3-4160 [email protected] GHz
RAM:4.00GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Approx. Total memory: 4026 MB
Display Memory (VRAM) 2000MB
Shared memory: 2025MB
DirectX version: DirectX 12
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 10:52 AM
This is a common thing with newer graphic cards. I don't know if it causes any problems, but you can use Graphic Rule Maker https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker to add you graphic card to the database.

You should definitely try running that program, because your free memory seems too low:
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 5034.399902Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 4052MB
Free memory: 1396MB
and Graphic Rules Maker can fix that.

I'd also recommend you to check out TheJessaChannel's tutorial here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641
There are a couple fixes that helped me get my game running, although it's still not working perfect.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 7:20 PM
Your computer only has 4gb of memory so the 4gb patch will not help.  You will want to try and free up memory before starting the game, so shut down other programs first.  Graphic Rule maker won't fix the fact that you have no free memory, but it might add the video card to the list.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 11:01 AM
Hey people.
Ive been able to make my game recognise my video card. so far it is not crashing for now, well hopefully.
As for the memory, will try to figure out a way to it
Thanks