Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 6:25 PM
Default simPE memories for Sims Castaway Stories doesn't work.
Hello,
I have installed the recent version of simPE, though currently I don't have any Sims 2 games installed, but do have The Sims Castaway Stories installed, and most things work, except memories. I have even tried installing an older version of SimPE to no avail. When I go to edit the memories the come up with a negative sign (-), and when I want to add a memory it is just a blank box. There is nothing I can do and I'm really upset about it. hopefully someone on here will know what I'm talking about and will try to help.

Thankyou
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GingerxNinjax
I have installed the recent version of simPE

What version is that ?

I found SimPE will not load any of the Sims Story series correctly so I have spent a considerable amount of time correcting that but you will need the most recent version which can be found on Post 25 of the The preservation project, that is the only version that will do what you want.

You will need to ensure that [Extra - > Preferences.. -> System Folders] has found Castaway Stories OK then on the [File Table] tab all of it's parts are checked (all of the story series are unchecked by default).

Since you say you don't have The Sims2 installed this paragraph isn't relevant to you.
SmPe gives priority to Sims 2, if SimPE finds Sims 2 or any EP/SPs then most of it's parts will only load from Sims 2 not from any of the Story Series, if you have Sims 2 and one or more of the Story Series then perhaps have a second installation of SimPE just for the Sims Story you want to load. Open the (SimPe/Data/) expansions.xreg with notepad and corrupt all of the RegKey lines for all of the games you don't want SimPE to find. Just change them to a value that doesn't exist in Windows registry for example change EA Games to EA Names or something.