Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 2:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Suddenly my neighborhood is completely empty. Help?
Hi friends. I google searched this issue and couldn't really find anything myself, so here goes.

I've been playing meetme2theriver's clean Strangetown template for about a week now with no problems. I played it earlier today, everything was fine. I saved and closed the game.

When I reopened the game and entered Strangetown, everything but the original neighborhood decor was gone. Every lot. No sims in the sim bin. All of the neighborhood decor that I had personally placed. I exited the game and went to check on my N002 file, and everything was there - all the files for my lots and sims.

I tried restarting the game and opening the 'hood again. Same problem. I thought, maybe I can duplicate the neighborhood folder, rename it, and have a copy that works fine. I did that, and now both Strangetowns are completely missing from neighborhood view, despite the fact that the files are in the neighborhood folder and everything appears to be in order inside them.

The only things I have downloaded between now and then are:
- some custom clothing and poseboxes. Nothing default.
- This mod from Cyjon which prevents autonomous viewing of art.
- The Strangetown shopping district which has Bella Goth in it from meetme2theriver, which I put in the appropriate place (Program Files in NeighborhoodTemplates for Open for Business.) I haven't added it to Strangetown yet. Given the emptiness issue, I didn't want to mess with anything in the neighborhood.

I have no idea how to fix this. I don't think I've ever had this problem before. Any help would be really appreciated!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 12:41 PM
That looks like a UID conflict, try removing 'Strangetown shopping district which has Bella Goth in it'. If that sub-hood has the same UID (3) as Strangetown your game will mix them up on loading your 'hood and do strange things.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
That looks like a UID conflict, try removing 'Strangetown shopping district which has Bella Goth in it'. If that sub-hood has the same UID (3) as Strangetown your game will mix them up on loading your 'hood and do strange things.

Unfortunately it didn't work. Thank you for the suggestion, though. I am beginning to think I may just have to scrap it all and start completely over.
Alchemist
#4 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 4:00 AM
If you duplicated the neighbourhood folder and renamed it, I think you also would have to rename everything inside it. Otherwise the files inside don't match the hood anymore, and won't show up.
Did you remove the duplicate hood again before trying Chris's suggestion?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 4:08 AM
Do you have two Strangtowns? If so you need to use the bulk renamer to change all the N002 files of which there are over 150 to something unique. https://www.advancedrenamer.com/download

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 7:29 PM
Quote:
If you duplicated the neighbourhood folder and renamed it, I think you also would have to rename everything inside it. Otherwise the files inside don't match the hood anymore, and won't show up. Did you remove the duplicate hood again before trying Chris's suggestion?

I duplicated the neighborhood, renamed the duplicate, then loaded the game and nothing showed up. I felt like a dingus (and probably was a dingus), so I deleted the duplicate. So it was removed before I did Chris's suggestion, yes.

Quote:
Do you have two Strangtowns? If so you need to use the bulk renamer to change all the N002 files of which there are over 150 to something unique. https://www.advancedrenamer.com/download

Do you think it could be worth trying with a duplicate to see if it might load (versus the original neighborhood)?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluorescentadolescent

Do you think it could be worth trying with a duplicate to see if it might load (versus the original neighborhood)?

If you want, but I would try and rename what you have first, it only takes a minute.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you want, but I would try and rename what you have first, it only takes a minute.

Ohhh, I think I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were telling me to rename the duplicate and try that. Do you mean I should do the renaming process with my original folder?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluorescentadolescent
Ohhh, I think I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were telling me to rename the duplicate and try that. Do you mean I should do the renaming process with my original folder?

Either, so the game can see there are two hoods. Each hood in your Sims 2 folder must have its own unique internal numbers.

~Call me Jo~