Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 2:39 AM Last edited by Husni : 6th Jan 2007 at 2:42 AM. Reason: Make post pretty
Default Replace Default
Dear all..

I have some question, I did search in the forum of my question, but I was get difficult to find it. Please give me the answers, if there's the same topic present, give me the link to it.

1. I have a body mesh file, packed in with DBPF Package format. Then I want to make the body mesh to be default mesh. So my sim and the others have the same custom body mesh. Is it possible? How can I do?

2. Related to question number 1. If I apply a custom adult-male body mesh, Is adult-woman affected? And what about young-adult? Elder? Children? Toodler?

3. Related to questions above. If I have male adult body mesh, female adult, teen, children, and elder, how can I apply them all to be default mesh in my game?

4. Still applying to the default. I have skin tone package, I want to change the default skin tone package in the game with my own skin tone package. How can I do that?

Summary:
I want to change the default body mesh and skin tone in all age in the game with my own. How can I do it?

Note:
I have the latest version of CEP installed.

Please don't delete this topic, I subscribe to this topic.

If there were equivalent topics, please give me the link, otherwise I hope your answer.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Husni

Click ->> This
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 7:10 AM
It is possible to turn a mesh into a default replacement, but body meshes are a bit special in several ways.
Replacing adult male won't affect any other age or gender groups, but it is a bit of a complicated process. If you've never done any modding before, this probabaly isn't the best place to start.

And this probably should be in the create forums; I'm sure a moderator can move it for you.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 12:38 AM
Nude body meshes are in separate tops and bottoms in the game.
If you extract a mesh and don't 'fix integrity' then it will replace the game mesh when you've changed it.
Each age and gender is separate.
Perhaps if you would do the body-meshing tutorials then it would be easier for someone to answer the questions about what is different, although what I've just stated is most of them.

Also, there is no 'body' underneath clothing. To change a body type you can't simply replace the body, you will need clothing meshes that have similar proportions also, for all the different types - swim, sleep, undies, formal and everyday, in addition to changing the nude body meshes.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Nude body meshes are in separate tops and bottoms in the game.
If you extract a mesh and don't 'fix integrity' then it will replace the game mesh when you've changed it.

It applied globally (default mesh) or for a cloth?

So, what should I do to replace default nude body mesh and skin tone...

Is there any tools related or any tricks to modify the package?

Click ->> This
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 8:21 AM
I got a link related: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52707

I should try it...

Click ->> This
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 8:25 AM
I'm appreciated with simPE, it's so wonderful...

Thanks for the programmer...

Click ->> This