Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wintermute
Mine's with genetics. Sims 3 genetics is definitely a few steps below that of Sims 2, I'm sorry to say, but I won't go into that.

My black-haired Self-Sim and her black-haired husband had a redheaded child. They are both first-gen Sims, with my self-Sim having been created in CAS. How on earth did their kid get RED hair? Even if Dad had a recessive red hair color gene (unlikely), this wouldn't be possible.

Ugh.

SAME! My self sim has dark brown hair, CAS made hubby has black....

We had twins, both with light brown hair, triplets with red hair, and finally a daughter with dark brown.

By the way, that fertility treatment lifetime reward thing is no joke, in case you couldn't tell.

Malibu
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DuchessAngel37
We had twins, both with light brown hair, triplets with red hair, and finally a daughter with dark brown.
Did each set of multiples happen to be one gender? I'm noticing that a lot of players are saying that none of their sets of multiples are mixed. Many also have families with children who are all boys or all girls.

Their second baby had black hair, but that red hair incident was so bizarre. I hope that changing hair colors is genetic, but who knows, with the twisted biology in Sims 3?

The dad in my Sim family has the Fertility Treatment reward, but not the mom. They've had only singletons so far, so I'm wondering whether its effects are multiplied if both parents have it.
Test Subject
#103 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:53 AM
my dad brought his son down with him while he made dinner... i don't know why. but look at this kid's eyes lol

eyes

he kinda that same expression when i was making him... a very bored look... so i made him grumpy and evil. lol. he gets pleasure from watching his dad yawn and act tired.

anyway, when dad was opening the oven door, the kid's head went right through it!

oven door
Test Subject
#104 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:56 AM
well, my sims woohooed with Grim Reaper and they have twins...

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/60...sims3glitch.jpg

check that...
Field Researcher
#105 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 8:41 AM
Oh, gosh. Two of my Sims were getting married, and they appeared to be grimacing. xD Or just smiling really, really dorkily, and not in a I'm-so-in-love sort of way. It would have worked for one of the Sims' personalities, but not so much with the other. 'Twas kind of strange.
I /was/ rather amused the first time my Mean Spirited sim called someone's mother a llama, as well. xD

And, of course, the genetics in the game are making me rather glad that so many of my Sims are gay. xP Cute little adoption baskets Ftw.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:13 AM
Default MooSick Gnome
Inventor
#107 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:22 AM
Wow, I didn't know you could have a relationship, let alone a romantic one with the grim reaper. You learn something new about Sims 3 all the time. My sim just became quick close friends with an evil ghost. All he did was talk to him (Chester Landgraab) and they became friends right away. My sim just got to charisma level 10 but he doesn't have any evil traits in him so it's strange how he became friends so quickly with an evil ghost when he is still working on getting some of his other relationships up to friend and best friend.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DuchessAngel37
By the way, that fertility treatment lifetime reward thing is no joke, in case you couldn't tell.

No it's not, I got it for two of my couples and the first couple had triplets and the second couple had a set of twins and then triplets as well. Get it for the male and the female and it does work!
Banned
#109 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM
I heard my sim say the F word. I swear to God. He was cooking and he cut his finger, and I totally heard him say it.
Inventor
#110 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:29 PM
Another thing I like about Sims 3! The sims don't use the food processor for nearly every single meal like they did in Sims 2. But they do cut their fingers a lot when chopping their meat or fish.
Test Subject
#111 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:47 PM
Lol at the gnome... I've had the same thing happen in my game :D
Instructor
#112 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:59 PM
I got to pick the second trait of my baby born to a family I created and I picked evil. I wanted to try it out. Well it was her birthday and somehow she blew out her candles and the cake caught on fire. It burned up the counter, the stove and the other counter next to the stove. She got a buff also I don't remember it, but it was something along the lines of " I am happy because of another sims misfortune". The baby as a toddler also made LOTS of messes on her highchair- it got extremely nasty.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ingeborgsk
The birthday cake has sat the kitchen on fire 3/4 times -.- My guests are also blocking the entrance... I thought the sims were supposed to be smarter in ts3 :P

It was soooo funny but in a really annoying way!
Instructor
#114 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:12 PM
One of my teenager sims aged into an adult. She was still living at home with her parents and I was having her interact with her father when I got a weird interaction... "Request to break up with wife." My sim had the option to ask her father to divorce her mother! For the life of me I can't figure out why, she was best friends with both of them and their moods were great, why would she want her own parents to divorce?

Quote:
OH and our two daughters, twins, didn't learn everything as toddlers, so i didn't get to pick their traits when they grew to kids. Well, one got the evil trait, and the other got the good one! I guess there really is such thing as an "evil twin" hahaha.

This happened to me too. I've decided to make one a criminal and the other a cop and have them live together. So far they're good friends, except for when the "good" sim accuses his evil twin of being evil, then I have to repair their relationship. It's going to be tough when they join their respective careers.
Test Subject
#115 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
After six years of hardcore simming and lurking, I've finally had happen in my game that was strange enough to make me post.

My sim was getting to know the male maid, and one of the traits she discovered was that he is a kleptomaniac. (?!?!) I didn't think much of it (other than a cursory glance to be sure all of my stuff was still in the house, until something crazy happened. They stopped hanging out and she started playing with her toddler, and he turned around and picked up her newborn. I think of my simmies as little people, and I wouldn't let a stranger hold *my* newborn, so I asked him to leave. HE LEFT WITH THE INFANT! The baby's icon disappeared, but he's still part of the family tree. The maid still shows up every day, but he didn't bring the baby back with him.
Test Subject
#116 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodflowers
After six years of hardcore simming and lurking, I've finally had happen in my game that was strange enough to make me post.

My sim was getting to know the male maid, and one of the traits she discovered was that he is a kleptomaniac. (?!?!) I didn't think much of it (other than a cursory glance to be sure all of my stuff was still in the house, until something crazy happened. They stopped hanging out and she started playing with her toddler, and he turned around and picked up her newborn. I think of my simmies as little people, and I wouldn't let a stranger hold *my* newborn, so I asked him to leave. HE LEFT WITH THE INFANT! The baby's icon disappeared, but he's still part of the family tree. The maid still shows up every day, but he didn't bring the baby back with him.

This same thing happened to me as i was throwing a birthday party for my infant sim... one of the mother's best friends was holding the baby when she asked him to leave and he took the infant with him and she disappeared to never be seen again and her icon dissapeared also.
Inventor
#117 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:22 AM
I think there's a lesson here. Don't tell people to leave while they are holding your children. :D
Inventor
#118 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:29 AM
Haha... kidnapped!
Test Subject
#119 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:03 AM
I've had nothing major yet. When one couple hug, the guys knee always pops backwards. It's creepy.

I find it funny when sims with the daredevil trait have everything *extreme* like extreme sleep, have extreme shower until extremely clean, etc.. it amuses me.
Test Subject
#120 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:04 AM
I have the same thing with the toddler stretching. My toddler son, Andy was watching the kiddie channel while Mom was sitting there holding her newborn son, when out of the blue, Andy started stretching upwards like he was Mr. Fantastic or Plastic Man or something!! Also his head became sort of cartoony. While this happened, Mom was sitting there laughing at him!
Mad Poster
#121 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 7:30 AM
One of my sims, who resembles a Powerpuff Girls villain, I had given him the Insane trait. Everytime he changed his clothes, they would be inappropriate for the occasion (wearing his formal outfit to bed)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Test Subject
#122 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:47 PM
Funniest thing I seen was my sim put away his dishes in the cheap dishwasher. When he does that he always complains about the noise by putting his hands over his head and then groaning on about it. This time, however, his next action was to tend the garden. So as he is walking out with his hands over his ears the magic watering can appears in his hand (by his ear) and sprinkles water around his shoulder. Of course, he didn't get wet or anything but I was laughing.

Same sort of thing as would happen when the sims would go outside in TS2 after installing Mansions and gardens. They would shade their eyes even if they had garbage in their hands
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by specann

i made him grumpy and evil.

anyway, when dad was opening the oven door, the kid's head went right through it!

oven door

Would his name be Damion??? He'll grow up to befriend jackals after he knocks his mother down the stairs with his trike. *wide eyed nodding*
Instructor
#124 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:59 PM
Okay, I made my main character's mother a gold digger, I was going to have her marry a guy with a little bit of money (Still rich thought) then steal Landgrab, then marry a character I made of a rich old man that was her complete opposite, but a hopeless romantic; who she was going to have her ultimate goal of killing him off. I planed to leave Goth alone so my mother wouldn't be reining over everyone. I moved my old guy in before I started my family, he lived on the house on top with Landgrab, everything went as planed. I got Landgrab to leave his wife (Which was ironically her best friend from the start of the game) and when I went to check on my old guy, he was gone! However, looking at the Goth's house one day, I saw Gunther, a baby boy, and my old guy. I was so shocked I thought that he must have had a heterosexual relationship with the man! (And possibly adopted) I have been checking on my old guy a little before and he was still single, but now he's not even in my friends list. I was revealed to see when Gunther was still married to his wife, and they were still living together, but now in the Goth household, there's Mr. Goth, Mrs. Goth, Jr. Goth, and their new born baby--with my rich old guy!!

I don't understand why he moved in with them, I can't even think of a reason, I was leaving the Goths alone too and they still my rich grampa. He's a hopeless romantic, childish, good, family oriented, easily impressed, elder sim--can any of this induce random moving in (Without romantic relations) I don't truly mind, they can have my old guy, I could always just make another, but it was just weird that it happened. My mother and sister joke that he was lonely and wanted a free family, I don't know if this is true.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elice
Okay, I made my main character's mother a gold digger, I was going to have her marry a guy with a little bit of money (Still rich thought) then steal Landgrab, then marry a character I made of a rich old man that was her complete opposite, but a hopeless romantic; who she was going to have her ultimate goal of killing him off. I planed to leave Goth alone so my mother wouldn't be reining over everyone. I moved my old guy in before I started my family, he lived on the house on top with Landgrab, everything went as planed. I got Landgrab to leave his wife (Which was ironically her best friend from the start of the game) and when I went to check on my old guy, he was gone! However, looking at the Goth's house one day, I saw Gunther, a baby boy, and my old guy. I was so shocked I thought that he must have had a heterosexual relationship with the man! (And possibly adopted) I have been checking on my old guy a little before and he was still single, but now he's not even in my friends list. I was revealed to see when Gunther was still married to his wife, and they were still living together, but now in the Goth household, there's Mr. Goth, Mrs. Goth, Jr. Goth, and their new born baby--with my rich old guy!!

I don't understand why he moved in with them, I can't even think of a reason, I was leaving the Goths alone too and they still my rich grampa. He's a hopeless romantic, childish, good, family oriented, easily impressed, elder sim--can any of this induce random moving in (Without romantic relations) I don't truly mind, they can have my old guy, I could always just make another, but it was just weird that it happened. My mother and sister joke that he was lonely and wanted a free family, I don't know if this is true.

Wow, that is really bizarre. I didn't know your Sims could actually leave like that now. I guess as long as it's a playable family that asks them in then they can go.
Page 5 of 16