Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#9001 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ASAsims
how to install at home in a package format? I'm betting on Mods\Packages, but there are no houses in the game.

I've never did it, but I guess TheSims3\Library should work. At least this is where I find lots installed via launcher... Wanna give it a try?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#9002 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 10:45 AM Last edited by ASAsims : 9th Oct 2020 at 5:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
I've never did it, but I guess TheSims3\Library should work. At least this is where I find lots installed via launcher... Wanna give it a try?

Thank you, I'll try. P.S it worked. Thank you.
Scholar
#9003 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 5:09 PM
So I use NRAAS to compact CAS (no recolours shown until you edit colour) so that CAS loads a lot faster. But in CAS you can't create multiple outfits per category. When I go into plan outfit at a dresser, all the category filters are enabled again and CAS is not shown in compact way.Making it slow again.

Does anyone know how to create multiple outfits with compacted display and disabled category filters from NRAAS?
Mad Poster
#9004 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
So I use NRAAS to compact CAS (no recolours shown until you edit colour) so that CAS loads a lot faster. But in CAS you can't create multiple outfits per category. When I go into plan outfit at a dresser, all the category filters are enabled again and CAS is not shown in compact way.Making it slow again.

Does anyone know how to create multiple outfits with compacted display and disabled category filters from NRAAS?

The MC Integration module is required to extend the MC version of CAS and its changes to in-game calls for them. Otherwise they only work on instances of CAS and its subsets that are called upon by specific MC commands.
Scholar
#9005 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The MC Integration module is required to extend the MC version of CAS and its changes to in-game calls for them. Otherwise they only work on instances of CAS and its subsets that are called upon by specific MC commands.

I use Master Controller Integration and it works when creating a new sim in edit town. But not when using Plan Outfit from a dresser to create extra outfits for a category. Do I need to create multiple outfits some other way to make this work?
Mad Poster
#9006 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I use Master Controller Integration and it works when creating a new sim in edit town. But not when using Plan Outfit from a dresser to create extra outfits for a category. Do I need to create multiple outfits some other way to make this work?

Integration should work on that command, that's part of what it's made for. That is, as long as the game has already fully loaded up and the game clock is moving forward smoothly before the command is invoked. But if the Plan Outfit command is going to be stubborn on you, then try a MC > Stylist command on the sim instead.

The EA version of CAS and its subsets does not understand or honor the MC options. You can always tell which version of CAS or its subsets you have landed in by right-clicking on the "..." button that usually leads to Save, Quit, etc. If in the MC version of CAS, an MC options panel will appear. If in the EA version, nothing will happen. But of course seeing a lack of Compact View is another clue that the EA version has loaded.
Scholar
#9007 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 1:16 PM
Integration should work on that command, that's part of what it's made for. That is, as long as the game has already fully loaded up and the game clock is moving forward smoothly before the command is invoked. But if the Plan Outfit command is going to be stubborn on you, then try a MC > Stylist command on the sim instead.

The EA version of CAS and its subsets does not understand or honor the MC options. You can always tell which version of CAS or its subsets you have landed in by right-clicking on the "..." button that usually leads to Save, Quit, etc. If in the MC version of CAS, an MC options panel will appear. If in the EA version, nothing will happen. But of course seeing a lack of Compact View is another clue that the EA version has loaded.

Stylist works Also a lot easier, because it has hair, makeup and clothes combined. Now I can create a proper Indiana Jones outfit to rob... 'explore' tombs in Egypt. When trying to do this with Plan Outfit, it kept replacing my pants in Outer Wear because of the enabled category filters. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#9008 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 12:06 AM
Is No Free Will in Sim Autonomy not quite true?

I'm currently trying to get a bunch of sims to sit down, but even with No Free Will, they still get up and wander off.
Lab Assistant
#9009 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 12:13 AM
Sims will still wander around a bit with free will off, yes. Though I thought if you tell them to sit on a chair or something they won't get up unless their motive's are low.
Inventor
#9010 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 7:44 PM
Planning to buy the last dozen EPs and SPs off of Steam once a sale hits, and google's not giving me a straightforward answer: if I buy these last few packs without having the base game on my Steam account, will I still be able to input the keys on my Origin account? I bought some of the EPs from Walmart (physical discs) and redeemed them on my Origin account, and now I want to collect the rest.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#9011 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Planning to buy the last dozen EPs and SPs off of Steam once a sale hits, and google's not giving me a straightforward answer: if I buy these last few packs without having the base game on my Steam account, will I still be able to input the keys on my Origin account? I bought some of the EPs from Walmart (physical discs) and redeemed them on my Origin account, and now I want to collect the rest.

It shouldn't matter. Get your cd key from steam and input them into your Origin account.
Inventor
#9012 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
It shouldn't matter. Get your cd key from steam and input them into your Origin account.

That's what I hope to expect, most of the answers I get say I need to purchase the base game first in order to see the keys, so I'm a little confused to say the least haha.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#9013 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 8:21 PM
That's what I hope to expect, most of the answers I get say I need to purchase the base game first in order to see the keys, so I'm a little confused to say the least haha.

You do need to purchase (another copy of) the base game on Steam first. It's not a matter of displaying the keys, but Steam will not sell you any of the EP/SPs if you do not have or acquire a Steam base game in your library first. If the sale is deep enough though, this still usually turns out to be a good deal and you can get 1,000 store points by registering an additional base game if interested. But you don't have to actually use the newly acquired base game for anything else if you do not need to.
Inventor
#9014 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 8:27 PM
You do need to purchase (another copy of) the base game on Steam first. It's not a matter of displaying the keys, but Steam will not sell you any of the EP/SPs if you do not have or acquire a Steam base game in your library first. If the sale is deep enough though, this still usually turns out to be a good deal and you can get 1,000 store points by registering an additional base game if interested. But you don't have to actually use the newly acquired base game for anything else if you do not need to.

Ah, thank you for this igazor , just the answer I wanted. I have enough funds in my Steam Wallet to cover for one of the base game + EP bundle if a sale happens to pop up so it's not an issue, just wanted to make sure all my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed. Maybe I can gift another simming friend the base game key also. This is my first real foray with Steam because I bought an MMO through the client that I have to pay the sub for, so I'm still a newbie at this .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Inventor
#9015 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 6:41 AM
Another round of stupid questions; is it safe to put my packages in subfolders inside my Mods/Packages folder by category? And what files are safe to merge (i.e. clothes, hair, sliders)? I have almost 400 files in my Packages folder which adds up to 545MB of space, which will go up because I'm installing more stuff, mostly mods and sliders.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
#9016 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 8:35 PM
I have three sims in the business career and none of them are doing any good at it. They work and work and work and yet their performances show as being abysmal. What's going on? I'm also having that issue where only the first one to advance is able to hold meetings anywhere but the office building but I forget what the fix was for that.
Scholar
#9017 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 3:19 AM
Another round of stupid questions; is it safe to put my packages in subfolders inside my Mods/Packages folder by category? And what files are safe to merge (i.e. clothes, hair, sliders)? I have almost 400 files in my Packages folder which adds up to 545MB of space, which will go up because I'm installing more stuff, mostly mods and sliders.

Sub folders are fine. Organize before it gets out of control.
Clothing, hair, buy objects, & build objects are fine to merge.
I don't merge sliders. I don't merge script mods.
I'm not going to say you can't do so because I'm not a programmer or a mod maker, but it always seemed like a bad idea to me.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Inventor
#9018 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Sub folders are fine. Organize before it gets out of control.
Clothing, hair, buy objects, & build objects are fine to merge.
I don't merge sliders. I don't merge script mods.
I'm not going to say you can't do so because I'm not a programmer or a mod maker, but it always seemed like a bad idea to me.

Yes I don't merge mods, and I'll keep my sliders in their own folder then. In my sims 2 game I keep my defaults, mods, and sliders in the root folder, and for the rest I put in sub-folders. I merge clothing, hair, and cc walls and floors so I won't lose the mesh or lose count of the recolors included in the set. It seems obvious but I was unsure how to handle this. Thank you for clearing up my doubts MurderPrincessK

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#9019 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 10:22 AM
Hello, i just wanted to say, that i always merge my mods with S3PE and nothing bad happend, and i have it like this for over a year now. i merge everything by category (e.g. mods, ea store overrides, default replacements, hair, clothes. sliders etc.). The only mod I haven't merged is nraas error trap. Game crashes are rare for me.
The only thing i noticed is that some sliders are not working/don't show up when merged, but that's all. Of course that's just my experience, but it's worth a try I guess. Make sure to back up your unmerged files (:
Inventor
#9020 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
Hello, i just wanted to say, that i always merge my mods with S3PE and nothing bad happend, and i have it like this for over a year now. i merge everything by category (e.g. mods, ea store overrides, default replacements, hair, clothes. sliders etc.). The only mod I haven't merged is nraas error trap. Game crashes are rare for me.
The only thing i noticed is that some sliders are not working/don't show up when merged, but that's all. Of course that's just my experience, but it's worth a try I guess. Make sure to back up your unmerged files (:

Good to know, thank you Fluse! My game is still in the testing stage as I'm switching out mods; capped my FPS to 30 and swapped out NRAAS SP for Awesomemod (I still have other NRAAS mods, like Register, Traffic, etc.). So as of right now, load times are between 2-7 minutes, 2 minutes from the initial startup loading screen, and 5 minutes from choosing a test town to play. I'll put the cc I have in folders and see if my load times remain the same .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#9021 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 12:17 AM
No, and that's very annoying. Whenever I plan to send my sims to Uni after they have already been in the workforce (as YAs or Adults with full time jobs), I have to remember to try and put them in a different career to begin with than the one I ultimately want for them. And that's not always possible since storylines evolve and plans change. But sometimes I'll give graduates who return to their existing careers a promotion and maybe a Bonus (raise) by way of MasterController for all the academic effort.

Having them quit the job they're about to study in, right nefore sending does work tho? As in, gives them the benefits after graduating for the job they're applying if they had quit prior graduating? Also, does promoting via mastercontrol (for the reason if they had already passed the level 4 b4 uni so they don,'t have to restart over) not negate the reward of getting all said benefits from having a degree?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9022 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 12:52 AM Last edited by igazor : 9th Nov 2020 at 5:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Having them quit the job they're about to study in, right nefore sending does work tho? As in, gives them the benefits after graduating for the job they're applying if they had quit prior graduating? Also, does promoting via mastercontrol (for the reason if they had already passed the level 4 b4 uni so they don,'t have to restart over) not negate the reward of getting all said benefits from having a degree?

This becomes a trial and error thing, and will also depend on what other mods are in play. In my experience, quitting and then rejoining a career after having obtained a degree once the career has been started does not convey any benefits to job levels or salaries. Other players may see something different happen.

The MC tricks are meant to address that when what we think was meant to happen, doesn't. So it's not really a matter of negating benefits if they never showed up in the first place.
Test Subject
#9023 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 8:51 PM
How do I condense a mod's pie menu? I'm using Deldhinor's Outfit Changer and it makes you click through an extra, superfluous menu to get to the useful bit. So, for instance, I click 'Outfit Changer' and then 'OutFits' (which is the only option) to get to the actual outfit radial menu, but I want to get rid of the middleman and just have that first click take me to the radial menu.
Mad Poster
#9024 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolavaruska
How do I condense a mod's pie menu? I'm using Deldhinor's Outfit Changer and it makes you click through an extra, superfluous menu to get to the useful bit. So, for instance, I click 'Outfit Changer' and then 'OutFits' (which is the only option) to get to the actual outfit radial menu, but I want to get rid of the middleman and just have that first click take me to the radial menu.

Offhand, I would say that you would have to re-script the mod. But if its developer hasn't left the files open sourced for such editing prior to compiling them, even with C# in the toolbox there isn't going to be much one can do about that. Perhaps ask the developer?
Test Subject
#9025 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 10:58 AM
Offhand, I would say that you would have to re-script the mod. But if its developer hasn't left the files open sourced for such editing prior to compiling them, even with C# in the toolbox there isn't going to be much one can do about that. Perhaps ask the developer?

Ah I see, I'll message him then. Thanks for the response -- I've seen you on various Sims modding boards going back years and you've always been consistently helpful!
Page 361 of 385